little leaf curl, lighter green on other plant and some spots

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

growing in cloth pot using promix hp mix

using sensi grow ph perfect at. rate of 4ml per litre (label rate) and ro water with cali magic at 1 ml per litre

in a 4x4 tent with 6 inch exhaust carbon filter and a kingbrite quantum board at 75 percent max draw 3000k spectrum ...

this has started recently...

the leaves on the one main line plant cbd diesel from seed started curling at top (first and second pic ).. and the other plant a gdp clone has gotten a lot lighter a shade of green .

see pics

any ideas ? al comment welcome :)

Little leaf curl lighter green on  other plant and some spots
Little leaf curl lighter green on  other plant and some spots 2
Little leaf curl lighter green on  other plant and some spots 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

PH perfect and RO water; What is the actual pH reading that you're pouring into the Pro mix?

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

also would like to point out that i’ve been struggling to get these ladies dialed in for how much to feed and how often .. this quantum board setup is new to me and i’m used to 1000w.. said screw it and went out and bought those soil moisture meters .. just to help me decide when :)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah it looks like ph issues for sure. What's your environment like, temp and RH?

Butts4Supper

Butts4Supper

Too low, promix likes 6.2, probably unavailable nutrients at that low of a pH
Yup, 5.45ph is way too low. It's an easy fix in pro mix: ph your water to 6.1-6.3. I've always preferred 6.3 and that's my personal choice, when I use pro mix I usually cut it 60% pro mix 40% perlite, especially for auto's. Ime they(autos) like a drier root zone and make wispy little roots that are much different from photos. I don't have ANY exp with led lights but I do know that different spectrums drive the plant to consume different elements, just thought I'd mentioned that since you are under led. They also seem on the bright side of green, since nitrogen uptake starts to taper off in soil near 6.0. A source of nitrogen ph'd to 6.1-6.3 for the one in the tomato cage and I'd just run plain water ph'd to 6.1-6.3 as well to reset the medium on the other one and just wait and see how it responds. Chances are you've just created a lock out the good thing is that this is an easy fix. By this time next week you should be in a better position.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Yeah it looks like ph issues for sure. What's your environment like, temp and RH?
all this is well within the norms .. rh on the higher end but the controller still would not have kicked in the dehumidifier if i had it in there yet

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Yup, 5.45ph is way too low. It's an easy fix in pro mix: ph your water to 6.1-6.3. I've always preferred 6.3 and that's my personal choice, when I use pro mix I usually cut it 60% pro mix 40% perlite, especially for auto's. Ime they(autos) like a drier root zone and make wispy little roots that are much different from photos. I don't have ANY exp with led lights but I do know that different spectrums drive the plant to consume different elements, just thought I'd mentioned that since you are under led. They also seem on the bright side of green, since nitrogen uptake starts to taper off in soil near 6.0. A source of nitrogen ph'd to 6.1-6.3 for the one in the tomato cage and I'd just run plain water ph'd to 6.1-6.3 as well to reset the medium on the other one and just wait and see how it responds. Chances are you've just created a lock out the good thing is that this is an easy fix. By this time next week you should be in a better position.

i tried that and still nothing. seems to be worse

think i’m gonna flip and see what happens lol

1C7F6FEE A57B 4F90 A54F FD12182F152B
B7B747BB AE3A 4B7F 927B DFBF97DE201D
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

i tried that and still nothing. seems to be worse

think i’m gonna flip and see what happens lol
Not best practice to put stressed plants into flower, I'd figure out what was wrong before I flipped if those were mine

Have you tried flushing those out? Use plain h2o @ 6.2

Finish the flush by giving them some pH 6.2 balanced nutes at 50% and let them absorb some nitrogen!

What are you feeding & at what ppm?

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

did flush... for run 6.2 for a week and a half and tried 50 nutes .. they started to grow but still lime green :(

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

did flush... for run 6.2 for a week and a half and tried 50 nutes .. they started to grow but still lime green :(
How are you checking your pH? If it's a meter are you sure it's calibrated properly?

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

How are you checking your pH? If it's a meter are you sure it's calibrated properly?

Edit: I just re-read, how bad is your tap water? Also I'm not a big fan of pH perfect type products, maybe try something else see if you can get them to respond? Because something you're doing is causing that, so here's a few simple changes that you might try
i do ro water and my ppm isn’t high ... and yeah i calibrated the pen ...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

i do ro water and my ppm isn’t high ... and yeah i calibrated the pen ...
That might be problem, maybe you're not feeding a high enough PPM?

I like 300- 500 for my veg plants, small to large respectively. Get a PPM meter and stop feeding according to label instructions, if in fact that's what you're doing

To finish the flush I'd feed them some 20-20-20 at 500 PPM @ 6.2

Edit: I've seen a lot of problems including similar to yours with AN pH perfect, I'm not sure but I believe it's intended for hydro but @Aquaman would be the one to ask

Last edited:
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

That might be problem, maybe you're not feeding a high enough PPM?

I like 300- 500 for my veg plants, small to large respectively. Get a PPM meter and stop feeding according to label instructions, if in fact that's what you're doing

To finish the flush I'd feed them some 20-20-20 at 500 PPM @ 6.2

Edit: I've seen a lot of problems including similar to yours with AN pH perfect, I'm not sure but I believe it's intended for hydro but @Aquaman would be the one to ask
... been using it for the last few grows with out any of this issues like this ... gonna flush again... nutes yeah the ppm was 450 ish ... once i fed them after the flush..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That may be, but it doesn't change my statement; search 'pH perfect yellowing' here and you'll see many, many complaints similar to yours with pictures that match your issue. Good luck, hope you figure it out!

Top Bottom