little leaf curl, lighter green on other plant and some spots

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dont use anything other than the PH perfect and mix with RO water (no added cal mag) also increase the feed they are hungry how much and how often are you feeding?

Also add nothing but the PH perfect nutes and put that PH pen away chasing your PH with these nutes will gives you nothing but more troubles

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That might be problem, maybe you're not feeding a high enough PPM?

I like 300- 500 for my veg plants, small to large respectively. Get a PPM meter and stop feeding according to label instructions, if in fact that's what you're doing

To finish the flush I'd feed them some 20-20-20 at 500 PPM @ 6.2

Edit: I've seen a lot of problems including similar to yours with AN pH perfect, I'm not sure but I believe it's intended for hydro but @Aquaman would be the one to ask
Oh boy i just noticed this is not hydro.... Drop these nutes the PH is far to low for soil they are intended for hydro. almost anything would be a better option.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
5.45 sorry i didn’t get back sooner been out all day
I've grown in Promix for over 3 decades and it looks like you are frying your plants. It doesn't look like a deficiency to me, but too much of some nutes can cause lockouts or deficiencies for others. Your Ph is pretty low and although Promix is buffered to try to keep the Ph around 6.5 to 7. It looks like they are getting way too much nutrition. FWIW, I only use 20-20-20 Jacks general fertilizer and mix some compost/manure about 20%) into the promix and I haven't had ANY issues for decades. I only feed about every 12-15 days, which keeps the nutrient levels reasonable without accumulating salts or overfeeding.
I know that most growers use a ton more nutrients than I do, but the Compost/manure seems to really supply everything needed nutrient wise, and the Jacks keeps the major nutes into the range during the periods between feeding. I water daily or every other day as needed. I know that the common wisdom is to feed the shit out of the plants, especially if following any of the manufacturers recommendations. Remember that they make money from selling you cheap chemcals at rediculous prices, recommend at least 2-3X what is needed, and usually post semi-bullshit statistics that prove how much their nitrogen is compared to others.
In summary, go easy on the nutes and I use local tap water to supply the minerals that are removed when using distilled or RO water. Give the plants what they need, but don't give them a bottomless buffet of nutrients. You will be surprised at how easy things grow when you go minimalist. Don't think that you will get a crappy yield, as I get as good or better of a yield as most with a lot less nutrients than are being recommended with no decrease in potency.

Top Bottom