Little white bugs running around the top layer of my coco.

• Thread starter DoobieBro462
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Sevin arrived today. But after doing a ton research I am now scared to use it. I read conflicting information on the web. Has anyone actually used Sevin on cannabis? It says I can't water for 48 hours after using it.

S

Skunk_dog

Nope, CJDB, I use Sevin in my veggie garden outdoors, not on things like lettuce I plan on eating the leaves of however. Let the plants dryback a bit and most of the population will die off anyway..

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Are springtails really worth the trouble? I thought they don’t do much damage to plants anyway? Mostly just eating decaying organic matter. I could be wrong though.
To be honest I could care less if my plants look good. But this grow has been horrible. I have every aspect under control but the stupid springtails. And the other day it was a million bug march.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

They do look better. But definitely not what a 37 day old plant should look like. Especially for autos.
IMG 20230214 143431499

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

I have never buffered coco coir before. This is what I was going to do. Fill up a bucket with water add 1500 ppm of Cal/Mag. Fill up two 1 gallon fabric pots with fresh coco. Soak the fabric pots in the bucket of Cal/Mag solution for 8 hours. Would that be a good way to buffer the coco?
Also do I need to wait a certain amount of time before I put a seedling in it? Is it good to go immediately?

SeymourGreen

SeymourGreen

I follow the directions for pH and buffering Coco on the Coco for cannabis website. Has done me good so far.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

@Anthem i dropped the nuke today. I want to start new seedlings and I can't introduce them to the springtails. So i made a decision and put a layer of Sevin dust on top of my medium. I have to wait 48 hours before I can feed again. If this doesn't kill em I may have to sanitize and start over. I would like to have some sort of plants going at all times if possible. Can't do that with the buggers..

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
NGL - if i needed to remove any major pest or mold/fungus I would've scrapped them or shoved them outside (for the rest of their journey) and bleached the tent

you know the most dangerous part about sevin right?

it 8, 9 & 10.... 🥁

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

NGL - if i needed to remove any major pest or mold/fungus I would've scrapped them or shoved them outside (for the rest of their journey) and bleached the tent

you know the most dangerous part about sevin right?

it 8, 9 & 10.... 🥁
I thought about scrapping but I figured I will give it a shot. If it doesn't do the trick I will have to bite the bullet and start over.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Do I need to water this shit in 48 hours? I would much rather suck it up with a vacuum very delicate

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Looks like I bought the wrong Sevin. I bought the dust I should have got the granules 🤦‍♂️
Hopefully it does the trick. I think they have the same active ingredient just one is a granule that gets activated when watered(probably what I needed) the other is a dust you sprinkle on affected area... doh

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
i don't use any pesticides/fungicides ever - but i think @Aqua Man mentioned in a post somewhere that the ones you need to avoid are ones that are designed to be part of the root system and feeding uptake - making it basically part of the plants actual structure

Top Bottom