Little white worms eating my seeds!

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benbedo

I think I know exactly what you're talking about, I face the same problem too! And I still don't know what they are.

Kepster

Kepster

I think I know exactly what you're talking about, I face the same problem too! And I still don't know what they are.

Did you ever confirm that it was fungus gnat larvae I had the same issue pop up recently

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

iv been fighting fungus gnats for years and what u describe doesn't sound like fg larvea.fg larvea are like wee small kinda see through maggots.although its possible they were newly hatched fg larvea and that's why theyr so thin.
i have had fg do exactly what you describe-eating the roots completely from my seedlings .
i always used nematodes to kill em after i had tried many other methods that didn't work.the nematodes work great on bringing down the numbers of fg but they will usually reappear after a couple of months.
then my bro put me onto neem cake and so far its working well.i just mix a cup or so per gallon of soil or if the plants are already in pots then mix about a small cup in a gallon of water and bubble it for a day or two(or just leave it to stew if no pump)
then ph it and add it to the medium.
so far it seems to be working and it's alot cheaper than other fg treatments.plus it has the added benefit of being good for the plant.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
iv been fighting fungus gnats for years and what u describe doesn't sound like fg larvea.fg larvea are like wee small kinda see through maggots.although its possible they were newly hatched fg larvea and that's why theyr so thin.
i have had fg do exactly what you describe-eating the roots completely from my seedlings .
i always used nematodes to kill em after i had tried many other methods that didn't work.the nematodes work great on bringing down the numbers of fg but they will usually reappear after a couple of months.
then my bro put me onto neem cake and so far its working well.i just mix a cup or so per gallon of soil or if the plants are already in pots then mix about a small cup in a gallon of water and bubble it for a day or two(or just leave it to stew if no pump)
then ph it and add it to the medium.
so far it seems to be working and it's alot cheaper than other fg treatments.plus it has the added benefit of being good for the plant.
Your still battling the gnats?
Try hydroguard so your roots don’t turn brown. Only takes one plant with a root issue to get it going. They will spread it from plant to plant for you for free.
As soon as a root system fails the gnats know. I’ve used systemic’sonly yo be bombarded with more gnats less then a week later because of sick plants.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Your still battling the gnats?
Try hydroguard so your roots don’t turn brown. Only takes one plant with a root issue to get it going. They will spread it from plant to plant for you for free.
As soon as a root system fails the gnats know. I’ve used systemic’sonly yo be bombarded with more gnats less then a week later because of sick plants.
.yip.a constant battle but theyr easily controled with nematodes but apparently this neem cake really does the job although iv heard that before.
hydrogaurd is pretty difficult to get in the UK.gotta get it whipped from US wich is a pain in the ass.plus expensive.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
.yip.a constant battle but theyr easily controled with nematodes but apparently this neem cake really does the job although iv heard that before.
hydrogaurd is pretty difficult to get in the UK.gotta get it whipped from US wich is a pain in the ass.plus expensive.
Try that plus life stuff, it’s in powder form I believe. Probally cheaper on the shipping.
I thought you uk guys were still getting good prices for the green?

CF 420

CF 420

I actually had video of them a while back I'll see if I can find it. They were definitely tiny clear worms, and also had some mite lookin things in em. Using ffof at the time. No fg problem at all. I ended up tossing the seeds and starting ovet. Think I came to conclusion root aphids, but damn this was a cpl years back atleast lol

CF 420

CF 420

Actually I still have the vids. Check out my Instagram closetfarmer420 scroll down til you see a cross blunt, below that you'll see 2 vids with a blury circle. That's the vids. They're really clean shot thru a scope. Maybe yal can figyte that out lol

Kepster

Kepster

Here’s a video I took of them slithering around the seed I dug up and split open.

My first thought was fungus gnats but they don’t have a black dot on their head like I see in most images found online of fungus gnat larvae.

I’m tempted to recreate the conditions the coco was in to see if I can bring them back and take it to an entemology department at my local university.

Can anymore confirm what this is before I take this step?

Kepster

Kepster

Here’s a pic of the seed split open. You can see a mass of white in the center of the seed that’s them reacting to the scopes light by balling up together.

The 2nd pic is when I separated them from the seeds shell with a few drops of water

8C37DD7A 19E4 4C63 80E4 7EB66100E477
34408036 C1FC 4929 904B 004545330ED2
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Try that plus life stuff, it’s in powder form I believe. Probally cheaper on the shipping.
I thought you uk guys were still getting good prices for the green?
i only grow for personal really.the average person round here wouldn't know good weed if it appeared and booted em right in the Bawz.

shaganja

shaganja

guys, just found the same shit!!!!!holy fuck im pissed!!! started two packs of exotic genetics, and one homegrown natural wonders. black mamba, moosetracks, and quantum kush.....4 survivors, out of twenty five seeds. wtf? i usually use a local baby soil called smokin tomatoes. always works. holds water well. but had to buy (dont laugh) miracle grow baby soil, because couldnt travel to get my usual. i thought, seedling soil, shouldnt have issues. sucks so bad, cause dont have that just buy more beans money, ya know....and the black mamba is disckntinued. fuck!!!!!!!

shaganja

shaganja

guys, just found the same shit!!!!!holy fuck im pissed!!! started two packs of exotic genetics, and one homegrown natural wonders. black mamba, moosetracks, and quantum kush.....4 survivors, out of twenty five seeds. wtf? i usually use a local baby soil called smokin tomatoes. always works. holds water well. but had to buy (dont laugh) miracle grow baby soil, because couldnt travel to get my usual. i thought, seedling soil, shouldnt have issues. sucks so bad, cause dont have that just buy more beans money, ya know....and the black mamba is disckntinued. fuck!!!!!!!
oh......and zero quantum survivors. i bought these beans because of my tramatic head injury, anger accompanied by siezures. this genetic is supposed to be good head meds.......once agzin...FUCK!!!!!

Dbear180

Dbear180

oh......and zero quantum survivors. i bought these beans because of my tramatic head injury, anger accompanied by siezures. this genetic is supposed to be good head meds.......once agzin...FUCK!!!!!

Hit up your seed bank. Ive had bad packs replaced hassle free & @ no charge from the bank I use.

Dbear180

Dbear180

& exotic has a lot of those mint x chocolate crosses I think you'll find another one you like without much issue.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Exotic gave me those beans. There are awesome! And the quantum was just 5 beans. I am too poor to just spend a hundo on another pack.

Oh I figured you got them from a bank, banks will usually replace dud packs for free... maybe you dont do the whole black friday/cyber monday thing but those exotic packs are less than $50 right now where I normally get my seeds.

shaganja

shaganja

Oh I figured you got them from a bank, banks will usually replace dud packs for free... maybe you dont do the whole black friday/cyber monday thing but those exotic packs are less than $50 right now where I normally get my seeds.
well keep me in suspense! lol

shaganja

shaganja

It happened again!! Godamn it!!!! Durban poison, wild thailand, and chocolate thai. Two survivors, from three packs.....So fuckin pissed!! Again!!!
I guess, no more cracking seeds in soil like mother nature intended, I guess it's back to paper towels.....Jesus fuckin Christ!!!!!!!

Top Bottom