Little white worms eating my seeds!

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WankirA

WankirA

I guess, no more cracking seeds in soil like mother nature intended, I guess it's back to paper towels

@shaganja , looked through that and you're very unlucky there.
I never do it natures way anymore. Had 2 seeds come from one, lost a few into the coco never to be seen again and of course a couple rotten from 'stuff'.
Paper towel on my router works a (predictably safe) treat...

shaganja

shaganja

@shaganja , looked through that and you're very unlucky there.
I never do it natures way anymore. Had 2 seeds come from one, lost a few into the coco never to be seen again and of course a couple rotten from 'stuff'.
Paper towel on my router works a (predictably safe) treat...
Yeah, I guess it's back to paper towel on water heater.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there thanks for sharing the info. I’ve never seen those lil flockers before that’s so crazy man. Where ever you get your Beanz from definitely need to replace them and a bonus pack for bringing it to their attention. How flocking gross bro!

Drgeeenthumbs408

Drgeeenthumbs408

Here’s a pic of the seed split open. You can see a mass of white in the center of the seed that’s them reacting to the scopes light by balling up together.

The 2nd pic is when I separated them from the seeds shell with a few drops of water

dod you ever figure out what they are? I planted some in house genetic seeds on some “roots organic soil” my seeds never popped and were full of these worms

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

So I k ow this is an old thread, but I have some pix of this for you guys to ponder over. Happened to notice my Mr.Nice didn't pop above ground with the rest of my seedlings. I dug up the seed, and it broke open very easily. Thanks inside I found a mass of writhing worms and what looked like spider mites or some kind of mite. I noticed noone had any answers here about it, other than fungus gnats prevention.. but this is on a different level than fungus that protection, I'm convinced it's something about the seeds. I had 4 seedlings germinated and put in soil all the same way, and only the me.nice had this problem.. anyone actually know what they are? They were actually inside the seed, not in the soil/media...
Wonder if they might be root aphids!

Ruralmichigan

Ruralmichigan

Reviving this thread because I have some of these! At first I thought they were garden symphylans, then microscoped them and found only blind springtails which are not worm like. They always disappeared immediately because they were hiding back inside the seed! Put the seed in water and they will come pouring out! They're pot worms!

azstew

azstew

I had the same problem. Mine never was in soil. They went from unopened ziploc from bank to rockwool (1) or paper towel (2). Worms came from the seeds themselves, as far as I can tell. Unopened seed shown was later cut open and more worms popped out.

azstew

azstew

I had the same problem. Mine never was in soil. They went from unopened ziploc from bank to rockwool (1) or paper towel (2). Worms came from the seeds themselves, as far as I can tell. Unopened seed shown was later cut open and more worms popped out.

crossfader

crossfader

Lost 5 Mosca seeds to these bastards. My own dumb fault though. Mixed up a batch of organic soil, thought it might be too 'hot' and cut it with a few bags of 'dollar store' potting mix. Dug up the seeds after 5 days and every seed was being attacked by those worms!
I then checked an unopened bag using a loupe and sure enough they were there!
Had to dump the entire batch and start over.😡

Do NOT use cheap soil!!!

Top Bottom