Live in gilroy ca. My plants already started buding? Is it too early??????

• Thread starter EL APACHE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I use Safer with BT at 2 or 3 teaspoons a gallon, works so far. That dipel does look amazing for the price (I might switch now). Last year worms ate most of my herb so I had to scrap my last summer project. Make sure you get something for the worms. BTW your plants look like they're doing fine.

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Ok guys, now I have some new problems going on with my 2 plants. We have been having some 95+ degree weather here in gilroy. And now my plants are showing some crazy burn looking marks on random leaves. It started on my plant with the bear clawing first and now on my other plant that has been real healthy. And I notice it more and more as the week went on. Here is the pic. I been feeding maxsea bloom 1 tbs per gallon every 14 days. One gallon per plant. I don think its mute burn but not sure. Can anyone help me please. Will post pics in the a.m. Of plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That is not fertilizer burn, or a deficiency.

What could be reflecting on the plants? Last year a family out in Santa Cruz had a small house fire. Caused by the DOG BOWL. Sun was reflected from the bowl onto the siding of the house, started a fire. My granddaughter almost burned up an old Easter basket a few weeks ago because she took it out into the garden when she went out with me. She happened to put a small compact mirror with a magnifying side in the basket, and had left it open, then forgot about the basket. We went back down that evening and found the basket with a burn tracked into its side. I shouldn't say a burn, it was a hole with burned edges.

So, all this is to say that those leaves look straight up scorched to me, and I'm wondering about reflections off windows and the like because the only time I've seen marks like that were when the plants were burned by the lights (inside).

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Bro
That is not fertilizer burn, or a deficiency.

What could be reflecting on the plants? Last year a family out in Santa Cruz had a small house fire. Caused by the DOG BOWL. Sun was reflected from the bowl onto the siding of the house, started a fire. My granddaughter almost burned up an old Easter basket a few weeks ago because she took it out into the garden when she went out with me. She happened to put a small compact mirror with a magnifying side in the basket, and had left it open, then forgot about the basket. We went back down that evening and found the basket with a burn tracked into its side. I shouldn't say a burn, it was a hole with burned edges.

So, all this is to say that those leaves look straight up scorched to me, and I'm wondering about reflections off windows and the like because the only time I've seen marks like that were when the plants were burned by the lights (inside).
that makes so much since!!!!! I do have them next to my bedroom window. But the sun never hits the window. The roof over hang doesn't alow the sun to hit. But I'm thinking it's the white paint on my shed that may be reflecting the light like snow would. That just makes so much since... Now I have to figure out something before I burn them all up. Thank you so much bro. Now I have to

SunGrown

SunGrown

Bro

that makes so much since!!!!! I do have them next to my bedroom window. But the sun never hits the window. The roof over hang doesn't alow the sun to hit. But I'm thinking it's the white paint on my shed that may be reflecting the light like snow would. That just makes so much since... Now I have to figure out something before I burn them all up. Thank you so much bro. Now I have to
Seamaiden is all woman!

But yeah, I think she is right, she is right a lot BTW!

Damn @Seamaiden , I am really glad your granddaughters small mistake didn't turn into a huge problem for you!

I would hate to hear you had a fire! Stay safe

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

Ok guys so here are some pics of the plants and of the area plants are at. I just can't figure out where the reflection or the intense heat is coming from. And the burn spots are in such random areas. They are here and there all over the place on both my plants. Could it be the direct sunlight? It has been well over 95 degrees all week long? I just can't put my finger on it??? I also remember that indoors my plants would get similar marks from being too close to lamps. But I just can't find out what's causing this. And I just can't move plants to any other spot.

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

I do have the big window but the sun never hits it. And I have spots on opposite side of window too?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seamaiden is all woman!

But yeah, I think she is right, she is right a lot BTW!

Damn @Seamaiden , I am really glad your granddaughters small mistake didn't turn into a huge problem for you!

I would hate to hear you had a fire! Stay safe
It scared the shit out of both of us, she almost cried when she saw it. Then she wanted to throw the little basket away, and I told her, No, let's keep it so it will remind us.
View attachment 429850 View attachment 429857 View attachment 429852 Ok guys so here are some pics of the plants and of the area plants are at. I just can't figure out where the reflection or the intense heat is coming from. And the burn spots are in such random areas. They are here and there all over the place on both my plants. Could it be the direct sunlight? It has been well over 95 degrees all week long? I just can't put my finger on it??? I also remember that indoors my plants would get similar marks from being too close to lamps. But I just can't find out what's causing this. And I just can't move plants to any other spot.
Possibly, but I've never seen it happen, not even when it's over 110*. If the plants don't get moved at all, you're going to have to track both the sun and what it might be being reflected off of. Or, you can just accept the damage as cosmetic damage. Or, you can add some shade cloth.

SunGrown

SunGrown

It scared the shit out of both of us, she almost cried when she saw it. Then she wanted to throw the little basket away, and I told her, No, let's keep it so it will remind us.

Possibly, but I've never seen it happen, not even when it's over 110*. If the plants don't get moved at all, you're going to have to track both the sun and what it might be being reflected off of. Or, you can just accept the damage as cosmetic damage. Or, you can add some shade cloth.
Awe, I don't even know her and want to comfort her! Shit happens, in this life, often. When my little girl gets sad over what I consider a non issue in the scheme of things my heart just breaks....:grumpy:

I agree on the cosmetic, I have tons of cosmetic damage, if I worried about every messed up leaf I would never sleep...your plants look fine to me still el apache

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What a softy! I'm a bit harsher than that. I'd already told her not to bring the basket out to the garden, but she insisted. I told her not to forget it there, but she did. So when we discovered the event, I explained to her that she'd been warned to not even take the basket with the tiny teddy outside, but she insisted. And when she complains that something isn't fair, I explain to her, very firmly, that nothing in life is fair and she should not have that expectation of fairness.

SunGrown

SunGrown

What a softy! I'm a bit harsher than that. I'd already told her not to bring the basket out to the garden, but she insisted. I told her not to forget it there, but she did. So when we discovered the event, I explained to her that she'd been warned to not even take the basket with the tiny teddy outside, but she insisted. And when she complains that something isn't fair, I explain to her, very firmly, that nothing in life is fair and she should not have that expectation of fairness.
A softy for the innocent, hard as I need to be on those that know whats right but still do wrong!

I have taught mine from birth that "fair" is not a true thing, doesn't exist. Fair only applies to one side of a situation, really, one side just caves enough for the other to feel fairly treated.

just like time, I also have been thorough in teaching that time is non existent as well. I want her to grow up non delusional about things and I think I have done a good job so far...knockin on some wood!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Those spots look like water burn, does it get foggy at night where you're at, do you water them at night or in the morning, do you have sprinklers? Water can collect on the leaves and in intense sun the water will leave burn marks, like a magnifying glass. The leaves on my outdoor plants will collect water from the air at night and in the morning the dew will make water collect and some leaves get burns. As long as the rest of the plant is good it's not a big deal.
IMG 1197
IMG 1196
IMG 1201

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

That's it!!
Those spots look like water burn, does it get foggy at night where you're at, do you water them at night or in the morning, do you have sprinklers? Water can collect on the leaves and in intense sun the water will leave burn marks, like a magnifying glass. The leaves on my outdoor plants will collect water from the air at night and in the morning the dew will make water collect and some leaves get burns. As long as the rest of the plant is good it's not a big deal.View attachment 429991 View attachment 429989View attachment 429990
Those spots look like water burn, does it get foggy at night where you're at, do you water them at night or in the morning, do you have sprinklers? Water can collect on the leaves and in intense sun the water will leave burn marks, like a magnifying glass. The leaves on my outdoor plants will collect water from the air at night and in the morning the dew will make water collect and some leaves get burns. As long as the rest of the plant is good it's not a big deal.View attachment 429991 View attachment 429989View attachment 429990

That's it!!!! That's exactly what they look like!!! And yes, I see lots of dew in te morning! And I also noticed that it happend in the high humidity we bee having. That's exactly what happening. I was freaking out that I was over feeding and burning them. Sometimes I move leaves around and I notice little pockets of water and I never thought of that. Thanks for solving this riddle for me. I was just so puzzled. Thanks folks!

Top Bottom