Living And Learning In Oregon

• Thread starter Oregonak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregonak

Oregonak

Hit the wrong button. Six pics, first one was the night training and tying was done on the 11th. The other five are today after a foliar. Biobizz recieved fish mix @ 5ml/gal and algi maic at 4ml/gal. Nftg recieved 1 1/2 gal water with 15 ml/gal hh to root zone of each 15 gal plant site followed by bk @ 5ml/gal as a foliar about 30 min after hh root zone application. Mixed 1.5 lt water to 7.5 ml bk. And divided evenly between the three plants. Each recieved approz .5 lt. Went with the suggested 3:1 ratio of hh to bk. Foliared to heavy run off with lights off and left off until leaves were dry. Its nectar for the win at the moment. Almost want to give the biobizz girls the bk treatment but i think ill monitor the nectar for a few days first.

Spraying neem tonight. Gonna be a long one. Good thoughts and better energies
IMG 20160312 170635005
IMG 20160312 170727230
IMG 20160312 171216441
IMG 20160312 171555328

Oregonak

Oregonak

Wahooo! Feels like Christmas, or my birthday. Or maybe happy birthmas.

Couple years back I picked up some Snowdog bx beans from alphakronik at the cannacon in Tacoma Washington. Actually i bought a poster, the seeds were free. When popped a few months later they failed to measure up when grown alongside seeds from eight other breeders. I let it go figuring sometimes that's just the way it goes.

Came across their web site a couple days ago, saw their satisfaction guarantee logo and decided to send them a message describing the experience with the beans. Today I got a delivery of five packs of seeds with five beans of each.

New strains are as follows.
Snowdog 2
Snowdog 3
Cheddarwurst
Bandana
Snow dizzle

Thanks Jay very much for the good service. Much appreciated.

I've read more bad reviews than good about Alphakroniks genetics. I know these are going to be better. The gods have been smiling at me lately:)

First round I popped half of the Snowdog bx and my brother popped the other half. I culled all and he kept one pheno that was later culled for lack of any special qualities.

All other beans out ran them with the exception of cleric seed companies elven og. The cleric seeds were stunted with mangled distorted growth from day one. They grew at about 10% the rate of all others. I've sent a couple e mails to a couple different address's I came across for them with no reply. Anyone know a current e mail address for cleric? I think they are part of the humbolt seed company so maybe I'll try them as well.
All in all I am excited and thankful to receive replacements. And especially so soon after contacting them. I really like being impressed by a companies customer service. I am pleased with the service I have received so far. Hopefully these beans do better than the originals so I have more good to say about them. Here's to the power of wishful thinking!
Another positive mark is the delivery spurred me to dig into my seed stash. Have some of my brothers beans and and about a dozen others to choose from.

Selection is as follows:

Lollipop x heavy duty fruity

Blue mango

Opel or opal x heavy duty fruity

Original new York city sour diesel x heavy duty fruity

Kali mist x frosted flakes

Three different cinex crosses from a friend In so cal that I gave cinex cuts to.

Some monstrously large seeds from some brickish pressed herb from about 13-14 yrs back. Grew some of these outdoors years ago. Called it ball indica. Grew unpruned into the shape of a large densly branched sphere but had sativa dom leaf pattern and flower characteristics.

Sour lemon alien dawg x Chernobyl x champagne

Kali mist x frosted flakes x champagne

That's what I have on hand. Brothers supposed to be passing me some new beans this weekend as well. Excited to see what's cooking. Somebodies making cookies:)!!! Not the strain, just a general ref for having lights on. The blue mango male used is the frostiest male I've ever seen. Think there's a pic at the beginning of this thread.

Well I'd better get to it. These ladies aren't going to spray themselves down with warm neem on their own. Well....maybe. Something id pay to watch. Giant lady plants holding atomizers, spraying each other up till
IMG 20160312 202015472
IMG 20160312 202239556
heavy run off with warm neem,:) thing of beauty! With the addition of the bloom khaos they just might. They look like they're ready to get up and go for a walk!

Oregonak

Oregonak

Does this look like broad mite symptoms to anyone with an experienced eye?
IMG 20160320 205028162

Never had them. Gonna try to get a scope tomorrow.

Oregonak

Oregonak

Thank you Robert and yodax. Wish I could share. It's delicious. The nftg is some good stuff. Super soft on the mucous membranes to the last tote. I could go on but won't. Second best in 18 years. All these years and I've never been completely sure I was doing it right. Last week someone was impressed. Made it into the #1 shop in my area. I've been so manic lately that I
IMG 20160717 210829495
IMG 20160712 104619779
haven't been able to trim and they're being super patient with me which I am forever grateful for. Good people.

I've been a mess lately. Again. Had to put down my boy dog a couple days ago. Thats the second dog in four months. Sucks when they get old. He would have been 13 in October. He had some plumbing issues and couldn't hold his bladder anymore. It was embarassing for him. Undignified. He had some other issues as well. He's kept the ex wife and kids safe for me the last five years. Otis you will be missed. RIP.

On a positive note we got some exciting new beans to add to the library. Some landrace Sativa's and indicas. Some interesting freebies. Also received a couple dozen beans of Kali mist x original cough. And the owner of riot seeds hooked me up with some giesel seeds as well. Started two giesel, two days later they broke the soil line. Love fresh seeds.

Got to spend the day with my little brother at a tier two facility. My battery died so I only got one pic. And i should ask before i post on that. Soon to come. The owner is awesome. Told me I can show up anytime, sign in and grab a badge. I was floored. I'm a basement dweller and that place is a Ferrari.

They sent me home with a new toy to play with. Does anyone have any exp with this press? There's no manual. I emailed the manufacturer but not sure if they'll be much help. We did a few test runs today but didn't have any SS screen. We were trying to use 45 micron press screens for bubble hash. The screens were to big and caught most of the rosin. It was a laughable working experience. But we learned a few things so it was a success. I'm still learning with the rosin. If anyone has any info/tips to share ID love to hear them. Love you all and hope you and yours are well.

IMG 20160712 104619779
IMG 20160717 210829495
Trixxi

Trixxi

This is a very interesting thread! Thanks for sharing your garden pictures and sharing your story! I am a grower in clackamas county

Oregonak

Oregonak

This is a loved ones first attempt at growing anything. Better than my first time! Medium is harvest moon #4, feed is nftg, mostly the basic four plus a little bloom chaos as a foliar. Lighting was a four tube two foot t5 for sprouting through early veg and bloom will be the eight tube four foot t5. They're about to be gridded and prunned before one last week of veg.

Seeds started: Oregon purple bud from southern Oregon seed bank, himilayin Kush from sosb and lastly some of the cinex bx. So far the cinex bx is doing the best. One pic is of the winner winner chicken dinner cinex bx. Short, vigorous and has that cinexess (maybe a good name for it?:) overpowering funk to it. We'll see how she flowers.

Got a job yesterday at a rec garden. Pretty decent wages, bonus and a generous salary If I stay on through the 1st of the year. This makes five or six times that someone's whispered sweet nothings in my ear. I hope this is the one. I'd rather just be a farmer. They seem like really nice people. We'll see what happens.

Was recently gifted some males of citrus SAP, 24 KT and sunset bannana sherbet or maybe it's sour banana sherbet. They also gifted me a Saipan equitorial sativa. (20 wk bloom) cant find info on it so im not sure if the name is geographical. All info i could find relating cannabis to the area claims its first arrival was in the 70's with non local seed stock. So who knows. Shes long, lanky with a tropical almost pineapple smell.

Someone i met recently returned from Africa with some beans that I'm itching to get a look at. Was told cuts would come my way. Hoping for beans!

IMG 20160730 120412161
IMG 20160730 120422542
Anyhow, hope all's well for you all.

Oregonak

Oregonak

Just wanted to give a smoke report for the Himalayan (spelled it right this time) kush from southern oregon seed company. It's very good. I was suprised. Most of the house brand seeds look a lot like re branded genetics. I am curious as to the lineage. It has a smell and flavor that is similar to og. Regardless of background its great and i would recomend them to anyone that likes og type meds.

The oregon purple bud was nothing to write home about. Maybe it wasnt a good pheno.
First time grow. Start to finish with t5.

Tried one rip and havent touched it since. Maybe after a cure.

The cinex cross is nice as well. Sativa buzz. Smells like grape kool aid. Im going to bloom one myself.

Heres a couple pics of the southern Oregon seeds grow.

Love
--------
20161022 111805

20161022 111742

Himalayan kush

Oregonak

Oregonak

My little bros room:) two of six. Claims he learned from me. Makes me feel good to know i gave him more than bruises even though i still think he's doing it wrong:)

I just split my seed stash with him so we can go through them a little faster. He gave me the kali mist x cough and most recently gifted me some frosted flakes x bubblegum. Can't wait to pop the frosty bubbles.

Anywayz, hope you all have a great day. And appreciate that you woke up breathing. Being alive is AWESOME!

Love
20161111 140413 1

20161111 140338

frebo

frebo

Hello all. Ommp here finally stepping out of the shadows to learn from others and possibly share what I have learned. Had lights on for 10 years nonstopView attachment 557107 . After a divorce i have had some instability but have still managed some grows, just didnt have my head in it. I now have a plan and am super motivated. My little girl wants to go to college in my hometown so i am moving home in a couple years to buy land and build her a cabin to live in while shes attending. I can't do that if I'm not healthy. One of the first steps in recovering my health is growing something to feel good about. I am also currently overhauling my grow space to be disabled friendly. I have back surgery in the near future and need to make sure I can handle my garden with one arm while scooting around on a wheeled mechanics stool with a 10 lb max lifting capacity for about six weeks. If anyone has any tips for making chores easier I'd love to hear about them. Id like to use the making chores easier question as my first post but am still learning about where topics go and all that jazz. I think I'm doing this right, say hi, a little about what you're up to and touch on what projects you have on the burner yah? Future plans: grow some scary strong indicas for myself, find some good seeds for males to put all cutting onlys down to seed. That way I CAN take em with me. It'll be my first seed run. Gonna be a blast!!!! Thanks for all the Info I've picked up over the years. Peace and love to all. Hope you like the pic. It's a landrace afg from hand carried seed.
Does this look like broad mite symptoms to anyone with an experienced eye?
View attachment 583784

Never had them. Gonna try to get a scope tomorrow.
ebay for those cheap little 60 power magnifyer.

Oregonak

Oregonak

ebay for those cheap little 60 power magnifyer.

Thanks for the suggestion frebo. I picked up a few of the 100x a couole at a local shop. Turns out they were russets and not broads. Ive cleaned heavily, bleach, bleach, bleach. I suited up and applied avid @ 3ml/gal(three applications, three days apart), took cuts, disposed of old moms and have been bombarding the plants and space with met52, azatrol, dynagro 100% neem, montereys 70% neem, og biowar foliar pack, and compost tea.

I had hopes that a heavy neem, azatrol and biological approach would work. I cant say for certain that it wasnt working. One plant that showed what i thought were obvious symptoms was enough for me to reach for the avid. After speaking with the gifter of that cut i found out it has a leaf mutation that looks similar to russet damage. I should have scoped it before going nuclear and culling/killing plants. I assumed because i was engaged with them, and figured they had gained the upper hand. Post avid scopings i was unable to find any alive, dead or eggs. Live and learn.

Love

frebo

frebo

Thanks for the suggestion frebo. I picked up a few of the 100x a couole at a local shop. Turns out they were russets and not broads. Ive cleaned heavily, bleach, bleach, bleach. I suited up and applied avid @ 3ml/gal(three applications, three days apart), took cuts, disposed of old moms and have been bombarding the plants and space with met52, azatrol, dynagro 100% neem, montereys 70% neem, og biowar foliar pack, and compost tea.

I had hopes that a heavy neem, azatrol and biological approach would work. I cant say for certain that it wasnt working. One plant that showed what i thought were obvious symptoms was enough for me to reach for the avid. After speaking with the gifter of that cut i found out it has a leaf mutation that looks similar to russet damage. I should have scoped it before going nuclear and culling/killing plants. I assumed because i was engaged with them, and figured they had gained the upper hand. Post avid scopings i was unable to find any alive, dead or eggs. Live and learn.

Love

I use Cap's Foliar two or more times a week and once a week or so I make a tea with Neem Seed Meal and water it in. No mites

Trixxi

Trixxi

The russets are so nasty when u really see them with the 100x scope little squiggly white larvae worms pulling with front legs . Glad u had successful elimination .

Oregonak

Oregonak

I use Cap's Foliar two or more times a week and once a week or so I make a tea with Neem Seed Meal and water it in. No mites

Thanks Frebo What is your mix for the neem seed meal tea? I use it sparingly in some top dressings but have not used it in a brew.

Oregonak

Oregonak

The russets are so nasty when u really see them with the 100x scope little squiggly white larvae worms pulling with front legs . Glad u had successful elimination .

Fingers crossed but i'm not holding my breath. Time will tell.

frebo

frebo

Thanks Frebo What is your mix for the neem seed meal tea? I use it sparingly in some top dressings but have not used it in a brew.
I fill one of my old socks with it in 75-100 gallons of water and turn the air on for 8 hours

Top Bottom