Living in a Yurt

• Thread starter Dirty White Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

you all ready in this spot brother?

Nope not ready at all brother......if i freeze too death well shit happens.....If I make it right on brother...lol. Is what it is.....aint gunna fight it now, Give me the chill and next spring yall will see me again......or you wont shit happens...shit happens......fucking shit happpens.....

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Nope not ready at all brother......if i freeze too death well shit happens.....If I make it right on brother...lol. Is what it is.....aint gunna fight it now, Give me the chill and next spring yall will see me again......or you wont shit happens...shit happens......fucking shit happpens.....
no freezing to death brother....i was gonna say if your not there yet, come thru and visit on your way.

sky high

sky high

I'm thinkin you need a "GroovyYurt", bro.... I hear rumor that the "optional features" model comes with a hookah and a very horny genie in a bottle. What a trippy lookin pad, huh?

Or...you could go "Yome". This bitch is cheap. (he started at 4K if I remember right...which I prolly don''t) Dunno how sturdy it is....but I bet it could be braced for Winter use if it isn't already good to go....

So...are you in-state now...or trying to do all of this long distance?

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

lived on the canada border north of bonners ferry idaho for 7 months in a tp...you have to cut wood all day to survive. it got old quick
Pretty fucking cold up their. Pretty country though. Just gotta watch out for the Nazi Methheads.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I would go with a good yurt, some insulation is key. Otherwise earth bags are great for the thermal mass, get a nice fireplace, you could even enclose a southern facing sun room (closed to house at night), w/ chimenea. Basically all forms of heat are to be considered, you are going to want them... Tis much easier to open a door than it is to create heat come wintertime.

Reactions: sox
Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Uh oh.....guess where I am......ill. give you hint. Rymes with folorado.... Lol.....left Texas it was 82, and 90% humidiy got off the plane too 49, and 30% humidity. People stared too say the least when I ran around like an airplane in the brisk awesome smelling air giggling at the sight of mountains with snow on em!!!!!

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Uh oh.....guess where I am......ill. give you hint. Rymes with folorado.... Lol.....left Texas it was 82, and 90% humidiy got off the plane too 49, and 30% humidity. People stared too say the least when I ran around like an airplane in the brisk awesome smelling air giggling at the sight of mountains with snow on em!!!!!
stay warm bro :D

ttystikk

ttystikk

I found this dirty white kid wandering the streets, so I took him in. He mumbled something about how he would grow for food, so I fed him chili and I haven't been able to drag him out of the garden yet! Maybe if I leave a trail of roaches... naaahhh, I'd probably have to use kief.

I feel a bit like the old shoemaker who gets an elf to make all his shoes for him overnight...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I hate bombardin' ya with shit.....but you will definitely need a 4 x4 ......and a plow....or a contracted plow driver. There will either be drifts...deep snow...or both from Nov-April depending exactly where you are located/how the wind blows/yaddayaddayadda....and of course, how severe the winter is.
Up in the high country there are folks who simply leave their vehicles by the main road and use snowmobiles to get back and forth from their homes to the vehicles. While it initially sounds fun, I'm short and can't stop thinking about how deep the snow drifts can get and what it's like just mashing through super-deep snow. I remember one time waking up in our cabin and the snow was up to the 2nd story windows. Kinda gave me the willies.
Get yer easement in writing...and better yet...have it platted at the county..if it isn't already..as the easement to the property. there are tons of cases where folks bought 'Second tier' property with access through someone else's that was never recorded, and when the property changes hands, the agreement was lost...along with access. Then the new owner charges you an arm and a leg for the same access...Definitely something else to check into.[/B]
Even though I'm in California, I have GOT TO put bells on this.

Make sure the fucker OWNS that land he's sellin ya. In fact, you might be very wise to hire a local attorney to counsel you/make sure things are in order. It's never cheap to hire an attorney...but it's cheaper to fix/find shit now than later...for sure.
BIGGER BELLS! You've just described what happened when my husband and I bought this place. It wasn't the title company that figured out the guy who 'sold' us the property wasn't the owner of title, it was the attorney we hired after everything went to shit and a 90 day escrow became 8+months. He found all kinds of stuff wrong with the contract, the title & deed.

DWB, once you get your yurt up and running, will you make yogurt in your yurt? Mongolian-stylee.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ooohhh nooooeeeessss! I broke mah quotes!

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Did you check the county assessor records first? Always good to do when renting/buying.

K

kolah

No word from DWB in quite a while. I hope he didn't get sucked into the underground bases below DIA.

Top Bottom