Living in a Yurt

• Thread starter Dirty White Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The yurt can only get dialup or satellite inet service.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

bingo. I have too ride into town right now too get internet. I decided too rent a cabin for the winter.....kinda get my shit set straight. I have too say there is NOTHING IN THE FUCKING WORLD other than a tight pussy that compares too walking though valley at sunrise......my god you guys.....I thought I was missing something then I got here.....then I realized its so much more than you can ever imagine....sitting two miles high staring down at the clouds spilling over the top of a peak filling the valley ice melting below freezing....water from the melt thats a deeper blue than anything you could ever imagine.....Im here and youll have too literally fucking kill me too get me out of here.

and weed, lmao, weed......goodbye. Ive got too much going on too grow a silly plant.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
whats that silly plant stuff bro ;)...going wall to wall again :D

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

"sitting two miles high staring down at the clouds spilling over the top of a peak filling the valley ice melting below freezing....water from the melt thats a deeper blue than anything you could ever imagine....."

Um, correction.

Rabid mountain lions, freezing 6-month winters, deadly roaming wolfpacks that will eat your dog or child...(Think Romney campaign)

If you're gonna be one of us DWB, you'd better get with the program.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Y'all got bear and bobcat, too, right? And IIRC... thinking back to when I used to watch that show Wild America with Marty Stouffer (LOVED that show, loved listening to Marty's commentaries) there are some badgers or badger-like animals... wolverines? Will a wolverine just randomly fuck with you?

Coyotes as big as dogs, and I've read there's a problem with them out in the Great White North attacking people more regularly and it's been posited that they're either a subspecies, or a hybrid, crossed either with wolf or more likely dog since they seem to have less fear of humans. The thing that gets me is the size they're describing these 'yotes out there to be, as big as a GSD, which is pretty fucking big for a 'yote.

What about porcupines? Will a porcupine mess with you on purpose? And do you have any good snakes up there?

sky high

sky high

Yup....Bears/mountain lions/bobcat/coyotes/and the reintroduced lynx.... deer/elk/bighorns/mountain goats... A lot of what you see depends on your elevation...

badgers too..... and marmots.... maybe that's what yer thinking of, sea? Dunno about all of Colorado..but we have no wolverines that I know of here in the high country. Not sure about true wolves either...

porkies regularly fuck up people's dogs around here. Not fun....and most folks end up at the Vet with a sizable bill to pay... ouch is right...all around!

garters....some corn snakes...more as you drop in elevation/near water sources...and in the east/western ranch lands....some rattlers...lizards....etc.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Y'all got bear and bobcat, too, right?
And ever since they got rid of spring season for bears, it's gone to all hell! We're overgrown with them things.
And did we mention we're right next to Utah? Actually most the Mormons I've met here are pretty cool. We're kinda like a sanctuary for the ex-communicated mormons also.
And did you know there's a friggin nuclear reactor leaking! http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2006/jun/28/tank-leaking-small-amount-of-radiation-usgs-says/

Yeah, welcome to Colorado. http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Commerce_City.jpg
:)

Actually, no shitting, some coyotes tried to get a buddies dog by baiting it with one and then others started circling in from the rear. Then another time a buddy was attacked by a bobcat, but trusty hound killed it.
But if you like to take long runs in the dusk/dawn, you really do need to be watchful of cougars. Gotten a few runners out here.

Wolverines are on the Third Coast.

Top Bottom