Living soil any help would be appreciated thanks

• Thread starter marco12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

marco12345

Definitely Mg def and additional issues.
listen to the exp growers and spray with Mgso- because Mg isnt transported easily through the plant, spraying will give you a quick fix. I'd use 1 gram per

It seems that your soil doesnt have enough nutrients to feed the plants and that the remaining nutrients in your soild arn't being transported to the roots due to lack of microbial presence especially at this stage of growth.

Id water with a quality ACT to enhance the microbial presence in the medium, after that I'd feed the soil with a wide range macro/micro nutrient which will be better mineralized and transported by the microbs in the soil.

Rock dust will do nothing immediate as it usually takes time to be break down in the soil, more so if your mix isnt being abundant with active micro life.

Do not keep it moist, for living soil follow a dry/wet cycle only.

To be more accurate on whats going on in the root zone, do a slurry test for ph.
Thank you that is my plan to repot would u say admentments in new soil or just leave it as the new soil is fresh and full of micros and just use my bio tea as normal on the first feed of transplant and yh I am spraying them.for a qucki fix and repoting

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Thank you that is my plan to repot would u say admentments in new soil or just leave it as the new soil is fresh and full of micros and just use my bio tea as normal on the first feed of transplant and yh I am spraying them.for a qucki fix and repoting
I'd repot, apply ACT and amend.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Aerated Compost Tea
The next watering after the ACT could also be with a lequid organic nutrient which usually give faster respond and being more available to the plant than some organic amendments. This could be done before or after amending the soil, if after amendment you should adjust the feed accrding to what you put in your soil.

D

Drgreenthumbs1

How would the issue be fixed with pH in soil if it water only feeding thanks
The water changes your soil PH over time as well. Soil PH must be within 6.0-6.5. Don’t listen when people tell you that you don’t need to PH your water prior to watering in living soil. It depends entirely on your local water and your inputs. If you always, you can be confident you’re within range.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
If the new soil has nutrients, then I wouldn't add any. Wait till the plant needs to be fed.

When transplanting, I recommend using something like Xtreme Gardening Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant Organic Root Enhancer. Apply it to the roots when putting the plant in the new soil. I also use Great White, which is excellent, and doesn't need to be applied to the roots at transplant.

The water changes your soil PH over time as well. Soil PH must be within 6.0-6.5. Don’t listen when people tell you that you don’t need to PH your water prior to watering in living soil. It depends entirely on your local water and your inputs. If you always, you can be confident you’re within range.
The pH issue is why I asked about nutrients in post #2. The pH is important when using synthetic nutrients. It isn't as much so for organic. I agree that it's good to know the pH of the water because things can go wrong. For typical public utility water systems, though, organic growers usually don't need to adjust it. When using synthetic nutrients, the plant is fed directly by the nutrients. That 6.0-6.5 pH range is a sweet spot on the pH scale at which all synthetic nutrients are available to the plant. With organic growing, we feed microorganisms that live in symbiosis with plant roots. Those microorganisms feed the plant. So, the key is to grow healthy microorganisms.

N

Natep

go down the worm hole of Korean natural farming. Learn how to make IMO2 LAB FPJ WSC WSP. I think I would transplant and give it some aloe FPJ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom