Living soil indoor need help advice

• Thread starter marco12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud.
Please tell me about your soil make up, What's in it?
What you are feeding your soil. Everything you can think of. Looks like your using to much blood meal or other nitrogen rich supplement. I'd like to see a few stills of the leaves. I'm seeing some hooking and some canoeing.
Maybe some low magnesium stripping, I cant tell in the video as it's moving.

How far above the plants is your light? The light should be at least 30" above the top of your plants no closer.
If the light has a dimmer set it at 65%, 30" above the top of the tallest plant tops for veg. Late flower maybe 75% no hotter.

Did you add bone meal to the soil before planting?
Did you add Dolomite Lime or some Gypsum?

Last edited:
M

marco12345

Hey bud.
Please tell me about your soil make up, What's in it?
What you are feeding your soil. Everything you can think of. Looks like your using to much blood meal or other nitrogen rich supplement. I'd like to see a few stills of the leaves. I'm seeing some hooking and some canoeing.
Maybe some low magnesium stripping, I cant tell in the video as it's moving.

How far above the plants is your light? The light should be at least 30" above the top of your plants no closer.
If the light has a dimmer set it at 65%, 30" above the top of the tallest plant tops for veg. Late flower maybe 75% no hotter.

Did you add bone meal to the soil before planting?
Did you add Dolomite Lime or some Gypsum?
Thanks for getting back to me I'm using a pre addmentment you add in late veg early flower and then again at end of flower
I've used it last at end of flower then again at 2 weeks veg and just wonder to add again or not ive also added charge cuz i thought it was deficiency? The product is echo thrive
And also I'm feeding with blue mat meter 50 to 75 in 130 liter pots and added the microbes simulator every week
My lights are at 500 600 ppfd and they are 4 weeks in veg temp is 24 and I'm also got a lot of g nats which I'm trying to get rid of could this be a problem too many thanks

I

imgrowing

hard to tell from a video cause i always pause at the wrong spot, but with the darker veins and lighter green between them it says mag deficiency to me.
by the look of the puffy saggy leaves it also says to much water, also fungus gnats love wet soil, so i'd say let the girls dry out first before adding anything.
now i'm far from a pro so take this as you will.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Any idea of what's happening here any body in living soil would be grateful thanks
Love your setup and training, great freaking job. But I would recommend turn your light down or raise it if it's close. Next let them dry out before next time you water to kill fungus gnat larvae, let them wilt a little. Then compost tea the next watering to help the microbes who are asleep or dead from the dry back. Good luck, thanks for posting on the farm ✌

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Wish I had an easy answer for you. I grow real organic living soil rather than bottled what ever they put in it.
Maybe this link will help you get sorted.

klauskuhn

klauskuhn

Here are my questions for you:

1) How long ago did you notice any symptoms? (In days or weeks, etc)
2) Did anything change before the symptoms began, like transplanting, humidity, temperature, nutes, water, fans, etc. If yes, how long before?
3) How long ago did you first notice gnats?
4) Are these plants clones? If yes, did you buy the clones?
5) If not clones, what were the seeds/sprouts started in: This soil or a different medium?
6) Did you blend your own soil from raw materials or purchase living soil in a bag?
7) What's all that stuff growing out of your pots, do I see clover? How come?🙃

Often, living soil AKA "super soil" is designed to take you from seed to harvest. The first time I used the living soil from purelifesoil.com I didn't know any better & added a very diluted "bioorganic" brown liquid fertilizer made from fermented stuff like guano and it nute burned my leaves to a crisp. (Thankfully the buds survived.) I learned the hard way that if I feel the need to add anything to this living soil, some worm casting tea will liven it up for the switch to bloom. Details about your soil are crucial (if purchased then what's the brand & product name, or if you made it, where's the recipe?)

B

Bdubs

This looks like overwatering or root rot has already set in. There is a constant going on with all the plants. So they share the same condition. Therefore I would suspect a constant variable is the culprit. Your watering habits are the same between them all, that would be my first assumption if pests are not a concern. I want to say this is progressive root rot given that the whole plant and multiple plants are doing it quite evenly between them all.

B

Bdubs

Using a product like HydroGuard can assist in recovering if it is root rot. But it will take time to break down the decaying root matter. So patience will be needed until recovery. No more super cropping to get these to turn around.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Those pots are massive relative to the size of the plants. If you saturate the entire pot when irrigating then you could probably go a couple weeks or so without watering again.

M

marco12345

Those pots are massive relative to the size of the plants. If you saturate the entire pot when irrigating then you could probably go a couple weeks or so without watering again.
I water using a blue matt goin from 50 to 75 and sometimes 75 to 100 and within 2 days or 3 days they are reading 160

M

marco12345

Using a product like HydroGuard can assist in recovering if it is root rot. But it will take time to break down the decaying root matter. So patience will be needed until recovery. No more super cropping to get these to turn around.
OK thanks I min they ok and next they look like this I might try the 75 to 100 on blue matt to see if that help but once they go over 100 they look like they need feeding again

M

marco12345

Wish I had an easy answer for you. I grow real organic living soil rather than bottled what ever they put in it.
Maybe this link will help you get sorted.
OK thanks will take a look

M

marco12345

Here are my questions for you:

1) How long ago did you notice any symptoms? (In days or weeks, etc)
2) Did anything change before the symptoms began, like transplanting, humidity, temperature, nutes, water, fans, etc. If yes, how long before?
3) How long ago did you first notice gnats?
4) Are these plants clones? If yes, did you buy the clones?
5) If not clones, what were the seeds/sprouts started in: This soil or a different medium?
6) Did you blend your own soil from raw materials or purchase living soil in a bag?
7) What's all that stuff growing out of your pots, do I see clover? How come?🙃

Often, living soil AKA "super soil" is designed to take you from seed to harvest. The first time I used the living soil from purelifesoil.com I didn't know any better & added a very diluted "bioorganic" brown liquid fertilizer made from fermented stuff like guano and it nute burned my leaves to a crisp. (Thankfully the buds survived.) I learned the hard way that if I feel the need to add anything to this living soil, some worm casting tea will liven it up for the switch to bloom. Details about your soil are crucial (if purchased then what's the brand & product name, or if you made it, where's the recipe?)
From the beginning there was always something up with them so I added the addmentments and I gave them nitrogen foiler spray and they seed to pick up again for a week so then I added it the water on a 1 off
I had had it all same all way though nuffink has changed apart from the soil feed humidifty and the nat were always there so I took humidity down 50 % from thr 75 % yo help with them as there was there from last runn
The seeds were sprouted in same soil just fresh out the box and then it all started to happen after goin into the big pots which was a second run off soil and I've used cover crop yes of course with living soil

M

marco12345

Any idea of what's happening here any body in living soil would be grateful thanks
Thanks all for your help I'm still confused as this was them about 5 days before and then it keeps goin back to looking like the first post I've being spraying with nitrogen once a week

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks all for your help I'm still confused as this was them about 5 days before and then it keeps goin back to looking like the first post I've being spraying with nitrogen once a week
Does it happen after you spray them?

B

Bdubs

I had had it all same all way though nuffink has changed apart from the soil feed humidifty and the nat were always there so I took humidity down 50 % from thr 75 % yo help with them as there was there from last runn
If you have gnats then they are eating your roots and she is happy to get a foliar spray as the roots are being eaten? If you do have or had gnats and I read correctly, I’d get a paralysis and use it the rest of the way. tDrops always come to mind as it is well known and they work.

M

marco12345

If you have gnats then they are eating your roots and she is happy to get a foliar spray as the roots are being eaten? If you do have or had gnats and I read correctly, I’d get a paralysis and use it the rest of the way. tDrops always come to mind as it is well known and they work.
Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom