Living Soil rockin Fire Alien Romulan, Goji OG and Fruity Pebbles

• Thread starter Mogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogrow

Mogrow

Fired the basement back up, enough of this downtime crap. Using the soil from last run, spicing it up with local amendments. Have more local dirt, compost and alfalfa mixing in the back yard. Have th eworm bind going, have the compost going, it's gonna rock.

Had real good germination rates, would have 100% but my vision got in the way of that, think i missed the holes on a couple of containers. As usual the Alien gear is one vigorous mofo, with Raskals gear not far behind. The Bodhi gear is starting to take hold also.

These babies are in the soil from last run, hit with just a little of the dirt where the worms live. Been watering with rain water, no chorimides here...

reamended soil
Living soil rockin fire alien romulan goji og and fruity pebbles

local dirt, compost, alfalfa, ok the perlite isn't local..
Living soil rockin fire alien romulan goji og and fruity pebbles
Living soil rockin fire alien romulan goji og and fruity pebbles 2

water source
Living soil rockin fire alien romulan goji og and fruity pebbles 3

little ones
Living soil rockin fire alien romulan goji og and fruity pebbles 4

Living soil rockin fire alien romulan goji og and fruity pebbles 5

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Looks like a real nice soil mix for your plants; gotta love that rich dark color, that is how you know the plants will love it. Those babies are looking very nice as well. Are you running any nutes with that soil or is the soil all the nutrients the plants need? Looking forward to seeing this run.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Awesome, Mo. Glad to see ya back in action. Was wondering where ya went!

outwest
thnaks westie /// you the man..
FPOG :eek: hahaha... nice line up brother, looking forward to the show!
hope i find a keeper or 2, only acquired 5 seeds. pop in the basement anytime KFX.. you popped any jazzberry lately:eek:
Looks like a real nice soil mix for your plants; gotta love that rich dark color, that is how you know the plants will love it. Those babies are looking very nice as well. Are you running any nutes with that soil or is the soil all the nutrients the plants need? Looking forward to seeing this run.
no nutes here brother, soil should have everything they need, will do alot of foilars and some teas.
Sick kiddie pool Mo, I'll take a bowl of that anyday. Don't ya love the way Organic Soil feels when ya run ya hands thru it, I get all giddy inside knowin the gals are gonna be loosin' their minds in it, Sub'd, Peace SSP
i get a full blown boner running my hands through its rich humusness...

Mogrow

Mogrow

compost pile made of dairy cow manure, wheat straw, alfalfa & alfalfa pellets.
800 park 034

last years pile almost down to nothing
800 park 036

local top soil, mushroom compost, perlite, alfalfa hay,, needs rock dust, gypsum, forrest duff, maybe some other goodies, but i'd bet it would grow a nice plant now.
800 park 035

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I make my compost out of kitchen scraps and old foods, my garden clippings and old stems and root balls, leaves, and used coffee grounds. I later add in mushroom compost, lime, a product called Bumper Crop, Fox Farm Marine Cuisine, and this year I am going to add some earthworm castings. I do already have lots of worms in my compost bin, but I figure more earthworm casting couldn't hurt.

Mogrow

Mogrow

I make my compost out of kitchen scraps and old foods, my garden clippings and old stems and root balls, leaves, and used coffee grounds. I later add in mushroom compost, lime, a product called Bumper Crop, Fox Farm Marine Cuisine, and this year I am going to add some earthworm castings. I do already have lots of worms in my compost bin, but I figure more earthworm casting couldn't hurt.
Sounds like a great compost heap Smoking Gun. I've got one like that too, where i put the kitchen scraps and what not. I use a space in my garden bed. I'll move it to another spot when this years is finished. IMHO there is nothing better for a living soil than good compost. I like making compost almost as making resin coated buds.
Glad to get to see you back in action! Subbed up. :)
welcome to the show sister. I was all lost without the grow going on:bored:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't ignore a good organic show, just can't!

What have you amended the soil with, in terms of minerals? Or do you plan to amend?

Composting is a problem for me, we don't generate enough waste and during summer it's pretty hard to keep it going without sufficient mass.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Hi Sea //// well i hope its a good organic show //// i've been getting this "stuff" from the local river, its like a sand/loam mix. the sand is of a larger variety that playground sand and has a more redish tent to it. i suppose i'm getting a soil conditioner and minerals all in one.

the old batch has azomite in it, trying the river "stuff", it's local, right?

get a bunch of that alfalfa sweeping you've talked about, do this in the fall, get about 3/4 truck load, on the way home stop by a couple farms and fill the bed up with cow, chicken, rabbitt, manure. add scraps to it till spring and let her age to perfection...

Mogrow

Mogrow

little update, really having good luck in the veg room, but the reason is i'm leaving the t-5's on 24/7. the temps and the RH are damn near perfect, RH between 60 and 70%, temps in the mid to upper 70's. plants are responding. i may cut the light back and put a small electric heater in the room. basements are great for temp control, just a littler easier than topside.
went and got some more river sand/loam and incorparated into soil mix, also bought some peat moss, may put some of that in too, for drainage and weight issues.
anyway here's the youngsters, they getting it on.

fruity pebbles

fire alien romulan

goji

love potion for the little ones, not to much please.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

onboard for the show, i like your soil food web? just looking at that compost pile you must know what your plants want!

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

i was under the impression that tilling your soil would destroy the myocrrohizae community.

Mogrow

Mogrow

i was under the impression that tilling your soil would destroy the myocrrohizae community.
well i tell ya 5ecert 5quirrek, i've been turning dirt over and pretty much growing whatever i planted. now is no till a good option, hell yeah, but you can get good results loosening your soil up too. seems the more you grow in a spot the less you have to till it up to get it to maxx produce.
Planted some lettuce and spinach today.
mixed up about 75 gallons of new "dirt " today
3.5 cf peat moss
10 gallons mushroon compost, local dirt, this is a mix for the flowering girls i have outside
10 gallons local river bottom dirt
1.5 cf dr earths compost, paid $14 cause the bag was pretty, fucking woodchips avoid/avoid/avoid..looked dead..
bunch perlite
going to add rock dust, gypsum mix tomorrow.
enjoy
mogrow

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

well i tell ya 5ecert 5quirrek, i've been turning dirt over and pretty much growing whatever i planted. now is no till a good option, hell yeah, but you can get good results loosening your soil up too. seems the more you grow in a spot the less you have to till it up to get it to maxx produce.
3.5 cf peat moss
10 gallons mushroon compost, local dirt, this is a mix for the flowering girls i have outside
1.5 cf dr earths compost, paid $14 cause the bag was pretty, fucking woodchips avoid/avoid/avoid..looked dead..
bunch perlite
enjoy
mogrow
thanks for the input! great to bounce ideas off of some experience growers (i saw your journal looking super duper golden), instead of just reading book all the time. thanks again MOGROW!

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

compost pile made of dairy cow manure, wheat straw, alfalfa & alfalfa pellets.
View attachment 294260

last years pile almost down to nothing
View attachment 294262

local top soil, mushroom compost, perlite, alfalfa hay,, needs rock dust, gypsum, forrest duff, maybe some other goodies, but i'd bet it would grow a nice plant now.
View attachment 294263

i’m jealous you have such a great space to do compost, do you add myocrrohizae or is there plenty of those guy in your homemade compost?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, it will chop up fungal hyphae. However, 100% no till in a scenario where you're still using any kind of amendments creates stratification, just as big a problem, if not worse.
3.5 cf peat moss
bunch perlite
enjoy
mogrow
Rice hulls instead of perlite, add potassium silicate as they break down. They break down very slowly, though. I have areas where I used hulls 3 years ago and can still see distinct hulls. Rice hull biochar--a little goes a long way. Also using wood shavings, but they smother a fire too easily.

Broadforking, if your soil will allow it, is another alternative to tilling, that should help preserve fungal hyphae. Also, if you only till sections, you would preserve what's been built up in the sections that are not tilled.

Top Bottom