Locke's run with Trustfall's Genetics

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Mixed up my tea last night, it's finishing brewing now and I plan to feed it to several plants tonight.

I used:
1 gallon distilled water
2 big handfuls mushroom compost
1/2 tbsp Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4
4 tbsp white sugar

I don't have a pump or air stones but I've been stirring the crap out of the mix once at least every 30 minutes outside of where I've fallen asleep a few times lol. It hasn't gone untouched for more than 3 hours so I hope it's till aerobic. Talk about a pain in the ass lol, stirring something for 24 hours
This should do well to help the bigger middle plant. That lady is hungry!

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Yeah she is! Ive actually been kicking around the idea of feeding her bottle nutes but I figured id give this tea a try first!
The tea will help, it acts simlar to bottled nutrients, you will get a boost but it only lasts a few days.

Have you top dressed with any additional NPK recently? If that plant hasnt been fed NPK or transplanted in the past 4 weeks I would give it a top dress or transplant to a bigger pot. Top dressing before the tea or even top dressing with the sediment from the tea will be extra beneficial.

Lockebox

Lockebox

The tea will help, it acts simlar to bottled nutrients, you will get a boost but it only lasts a few days.

Have you top dressed with any additional NPK recently? If that plant hasnt been fed NPK or transplanted in the past 4 weeks I would give it a top dress or transplant to a bigger pot. Top dressing before the tea or even top dressing with the sediment from the tea will be extra beneficial.
That plant was topdressed with 1tbsp 4-4-4 all purpose and 2 tbsps 2-8-4 Bloom on 10/13. I've been planning on topdressing 3 tbsps 2-8-4 Bloom on 11/10 (exactly 4 weeks later)
She also got 1.5 tbsp rock dust with the last topdress and .5 tbsp Epsom salt in the time since

I would love to transplant to bigger pots but they're embarking on week 3 of flower now. Really screwed the pooch in that regard haha. Learned a lot from this though I can say that for sure

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

My $0.02 would be to top dress that plant now and maybe again on 11/10. Im no expert by any means though hahaha. If you wait another week or so she might start to really show damage to the leaves.

They say its hard to burn the plants with the organic dry ammendments and week 3 through 6 are the heavy feeding weeks so I think if you ran it hot now it would still be OK. (Just dont try too much all at once or you wont know what things do what)

Im terrible at timing organic inputs though so maybe get a second opinion?

Lockebox

Lockebox

My $0.02 would be to top dress that plant now and maybe again on 11/10. Im no expert by any means though hahaha. If you wait another week or so she might start to really show damage to the leaves.

They say its hard to burn the plants with the organic dry ammendments and week 3 through 6 are the heavy feeding weeks so I think if you ran it hot now it would still be OK. (Just dont try too much all at once or you wont know what things do what)

Im terrible at timing organic inputs though so maybe get a second opinion?
Right on man I hear you. I definitely don't want any more damage to the leaves then what's already there lol.

I probably will top dress tonight or tomorrow like you say, it is a couple weeks early yeah but I'm willing to bet that one gallon pot helped burn through the nutrients that much faster.
Now would be a great time too if my tea was successful at getting microbes in the mix 😁

Blastfact

Blastfact

@Lockebox go to Extreme Gardening website and order there sampler pack. They charge shipping and it's $8 or $9 to our part of the world. It comes with a tea mix for a 5 gal. mix. It can be broken down in equal parts for five 1 gal. mixes. it also includes Mykos and other biomass supplements and tenders. While I use Recharge to take care of tending my biomass. This is a good sampler and worth the shipping cost...

Lockebox

Lockebox

@Lockebox go to Extreme Gardening website and order there sampler pack. They charge shipping and it's $8 or $9 to our part of the world. It comes with a tea mix for a 5 gal. mix. It can be broken down in equal parts for five 1 gal. mixes. it also includes Mykos and other biomass supplements and tenders. While I use Recharge to take care of tending my biomass. This is a good sampler and worth the shipping cost...
Awesome man I'll look into it thanks! 😁

Lockebox

Lockebox

The ladies
IMG 20221030 195806370
IMG 20221030 195854171

IMG 20221030 195910215
IMG 20221030 200859522

IMG 20221030 201549514
IMG 20221030 200920105

IMG 20221030 201520070
IMG 20221030 200826197

Think I have babies 🧑‍🍼
IMG 20221030 200608290

Lockebox

Lockebox

Did some feeding last night. I topdressed #1&4 with 2tbsp of power Bloom 2-8-4 each, I plan on doing #5 this weekend probably.

I also mixed 2tbsp of Epsom salt in 900ml of water and split that between the 3.

#5 is the smallest plant with the fattest top bud so far 👍

TSD

TSD

That tall lady looks like she might be getting a bit too much light... can you raise the other two and the light so it's even? Bat guano is good for an immediately available source of nitrogen, they def look hungry.

Lockebox

Lockebox

That tall lady looks like she might be getting a bit too much light... can you raise the other two and the light so it's even? Bat guano is good for an immediately available source of nitrogen, they def look hungry.
I'm pretty tapped on space for moving the light but I can try to raise the smaller plants and maybe lower the light intensity.

Ive got some blood meal at the house which I've read is pretty quick nitrogen, idk about immediately available though. I haven't used it though as im trying to not add too many different things In the mix and I'm not sure what they want/need.

They definitely are starving though. maybe I it's time I start adding too many different things in the mix 😂 lol no, but I have learned a lot from this and I hope my other current tent grow benefits from these learning lessons. May I never starve a plant again haha

Lockebox is not a one gallon grower y'all

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I think when you get to one gallon pot size with plants these size you need to feed based on the plant size and not the pot size.

My organic dry ammendment grows greatly improved with 2 things thanks to @Shaded_One, 1st was just adding more fertilizer more frequently, 2nd was calcium and magnesium supplement via gypsum and epsom.

You got them the magnesium that will help, get them more 2-8-4 and rock dust/gypsum, and then see if you can boost the beneficial microbes to kick things into gear. Do that every 2 to 3 weeks and they will stay happier longer. Just get better each grow and never give up 👍

Lockebox

Lockebox

I think when you get to one gallon pot size with plants these size you need to feed based on the plant size and not the pot size.

My organic dry ammendment grows greatly improved with 2 things thanks to @Shaded_One, 1st was just adding more fertilizer more frequently, 2nd was calcium and magnesium supplement via gypsum and epsom.

You got them the magnesium that will help, get them more 2-8-4 and rock dust/gypsum, and then see if you can boost the beneficial microbes to kick things into gear. Do that every 2 to 3 weeks and they will stay happier longer. Just get better each grow and never give up 👍
Okay dude I will! You've a been a big help to me getting into the swing of this organic stuff so thanks man. I'll follow your advice and up the feeding amounts
/ Frequencies and try to keep things going smooth.
2 of the 3 look pretty good but yeah that tall one is just hanging on haha.
In the future, 5 gal for me. Never giving up 😁

Top Bottom