Locke's run with Trustfall's Genetics

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

As long as you don’t mind watering everyday you can. The yield per plant will be lower too though. When I do two gallon pots and trim up the bottoms I get about a wide mouth mason jar worth.😊
Something like that could probably work for me. If all five turned out to be female, I could get a nice little yield combined.
If the majority is males, atleast i didnt waste the transplant energy and I'm growing for fun not yield anyways.

Only thing I'm really concerned about is running a living soil in such a small container for so long. I can easily see balance being thrown out the window 🤣

I shall have a plan formulated by the weekend I believe.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Well the decision has been made. This weekend I'm going to flip the lights to 12/12 and start flowering all 5 in the one gallon pots.

As far as nutrients go ill be topdressing Bloom nutes 2 weeks from the date of original transplant regardless of timing with light cycle in the ratio of: 2tbsp power Bloom 2-8-4, 1 tbsp all purpose 4-4-4 and 1.5 tbsp glacial rock dust. Then plan to do again with adjustments in 4 weeks and so forth...

Today was only day 11 since transplant for #1 but it was beginning to show some deficiency so I topdressed 3 days early. I know organics don't work that way but oh well haha.

Here they are today. Going to give the small ones 2 or 3 more days to spread their roots before making the flip. The one in the middle looks sad but I've been tucking it's leaves under the lower growth to increase light penetration. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it til I realized it was just labor bound 🤣
IMG 20221013 175522715
IMG 20221013 175255095

Oh yeah, maturity has been reached I can see branches are beginning to stagger instead of coming out symmetrical. Also have these preflowers forming just can't tell what they are yet. Here's one in this pic
IMG 20221013 175129964

Lockebox

Lockebox

The timers been set and the plants have been through their first 12 hour dark period, time to start stretching.

Things look really good overall with a few small things here and there, the one gallons have me nervous but I got this. It's about time for daily watering for the bigger three.
IMG 20221015 184706634
IMG 20221015 181517616
IMG 20221015 181800913
IMG 20221015 181757031

#1 looks like it's forming female preflowers so fingers crossed there. I swear it only looks happy at midnight though 🙄
IMG 20221015 181805189

#3 is having issues. Not really sure what, need to do some research
IMG 20221015 181546725
IMG 20221015 181607159
IMG 20221015 181701246

Did my second flower topdress today on #4, plan to do #2 tomorrow and then #3&#5 next weekend

Lockebox

Lockebox

Took the big tray out and put each plant on it's own plate to make better use of the tent space
IMG 20221016 173748466
#1 is my favorite because I can actually See what's going on lol

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Screenshot 2022 10 16 at 20 06 25 Lockes run with Trustfalls Genetics
Can you see those small white dots on that one lower leaf? I would look at that closely under a magnifying glass to ensure you don't have any pests trying to make your plant their new winter home. This is exactly how a problem gets started. I hope I'm wrong, they really look nice, and I just wanted to give you a heads up I am pretty sensitive to mite damage. It's probably nothing but it can't hurt to check. Being a lower leaf they tend to get dirt on them that's why I suggest a magnifying glass because small bits of dirt and pests look the same with the naked eye. What kind of seeds were those again? I really like those phat leaves.

Lockebox

Lockebox

View attachment 1293258Can you see those small white dots on that one lower leaf? I would look at that closely under a magnifying glass to ensure you don't have any pests trying to make your plant their new winter home. This is exactly how a problem gets started. I hope I'm wrong, they really look nice, and I just wanted to give you a heads up I am pretty sensitive to mite damage. It's probably nothing but it can't hurt to check. Being a lower leaf they tend to get dirt on them that's why I suggest a magnifying glass because small bits of dirt and pests look the same with the naked eye. What kind of seeds were those again? I really like those phat leaves.
Hey thanks for the looking out! I see what you're saying and it definitely looks like some bug damage in that pic but I think that's just from my phone camera. Those spots could be dirt or topdress or splash from water or maybe calcium deficiency as that plant showed some. Hope to God not mites haha been super cautious to keep pests out and haven't seen any other signs.

The beans are Pure Michigan x Cinderella Man from my man @Trustfall

Lockebox

Lockebox

So the one gallon thing is already getting tricky. With my work schedule (leave house at 1am return home at 4:30pm) I pretty much only have one chance at watering a day. Usually that's no problem but already #1 is dying for water every day when I get home. #3 got really dry really fast yesterday too. With the outside temperature dropping from the 80s to the 20s everythings kinda funky right now. Humidity has dropped to 30% in the tent with the lights off temp around 60⁰

The plants never look too good around 4:00 p.m. midnight is their happy hour (lights on 4pm-4am)
IMG 20221019 173313277
IMG 20221019 175902666

#4 is a confirmed female and I think #1 might be too but too early to be sure.
IMG 20221019 172627161

I think #2&3 are males.

#5 show me what you got

Lockebox

Lockebox

Just a thought maybe someone's got an answer. When I know for sure the males and females, could I cull the males, flip the lights back to 18/6, transplant the females and go back to veg or would doing that cause me Like a 30 day re veg or something?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I'm not 100% on how long it takes to reverse from flower to veg but I have similar situations and my plan is to take clones from everyone before I flip and then grow out the females and toss the males. Not sure if I will keep the female mothers or not, mainly because of plant count limitations on my medical license.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Just a thought maybe someone's got an answer. When I know for sure the males and females, could I cull the males, flip the lights back to 18/6, transplant the females and go back to veg or would doing that cause me Like a 30 day re veg or something?
how long you been in flower?
try and get good pictures of one in question and post..

Lockebox

Lockebox

how long you been in flower?
try and get good pictures of one in question and post..
Okay will do!

And I just flipped the lights last Saturday so only 5 days. My first instinct is that stretch is close enough to veg to not cause any problems but I have no idea what's actually going on with the hormones in there

Lockebox

Lockebox

ya geez haha, what phone you taking those pictures with?
well from seeing the branches as growing symmetrically?? is that the correct term? haha
… male, but that’s a guess..
Hahaha hey man straight talk burners get the job done 🤣 except for taking pictures lol

I've only grown fems before so I'm not familiar with male flowers but that looks more like a football than it does a calyx to me

Lockebox

Lockebox

I think once you know the sex, up potting and return to veg hours would be cool, you arent that far into flower, and people reveg plants or “ monstercrop” and it works. Good luck with it! Everything Ive seen from @Trustfall has been great looking!
Thanks man! Yeah I've seen people re veg plants from pretty far into flower so this should be a piece of cake. My main concern would just be tacking on 30 days of single leaf funkiness to the grow if that were to even happen.

Hahaha maybe it was a bad idea trying regular seeds and organic nutrients for the first time on each together 🤣

I keep finding myself bound by timelines whether it be nutritional, sexual maturity, or plant size/space.

I feel like I'm actually learning to be a grower hahaha

Lockebox

Lockebox

I think once you know the sex, up potting and return to veg hours would be cool, you arent that far into flower, and people reveg plants or “ monstercrop” and it works. Good luck with it! Everything Ive seen from @Trustfall has been great looking!
If you haven't tried anything from trustfall I would definitely recommend you give him a go! For Sure an awesome dude, you'll see why I say that if you go through him.

I'm getting some more beans from him now and excited to say I'll be running his fem okie wedding cake x Real Sour cross next 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom