Supporter
thank you brother

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Great input JC!
..."six strings led cob build"
That's a monster thread. I'm getting itchy fingers!
your welcome bro. If you get stuck he uses the same handle on IG and he has always been helpful helping fellow diy ers out.

freddykat

freddykat

thank you brother

Theoretically how many CFL Watt's should I use in order to make an equivalent of a 600W HPS?
Can i count on 80% energy enconomy in comparison with the 600W HPS?
That could mean that for 600W COB LED it would consume ± 120W?
They advertize ± 80% enconomy, so…

600W (LED RAW POWER)* 80%(energy economy)= 480W
So Theoretecly 120W would be its true energy consuption right?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Theoretically how many CFL Watt's should I use in order to make an equivalent of a 600W HPS?

/QUOTE]

600w at the wall is 600 w no matter the light source. To the best of my knowledge 600=600

Spelczk

Spelczk

Freddy,
Maybe put that question on...

Sixstrings led cob build.

You dont need an invite just post you question. I've looked and people are getting answer to build spec questions.

Don't forget when you up pot your plant Mycorrhizae are beneficial for the roots.
Have you read anything on auto's and pot sizes? If not have a read.
S

freddykat

freddykat

Freddy,

You dont need an invite just post you question. I've looked and people are getting answer to build spec questions.

Don't forget when you up pot your plant Mycorrhizae are beneficial for the roots.
S

Well i just putted my baby to larger vase before I got to go working at 2pm. Its 10pm and now I'm readding your reply.... :(
I've pre-prepared 2 days ago the larger vase with the soil (BioBizz All Mix) and used a empty small vase to have a perfect hole to transplant the plant itself, and have been "working" the soil for 48h as refered by BioBizz instructions.
Like I've said I transplant it 14hours ago into the new 7 litter's aka 2 gal pots.
I didnt know about that substance, so for this plant I will not putted, but since im looking for a non-auto 8 plant grow it's good to know improveements to do next time.

W

freddykat

freddykat

Freddy,

S

Well, I just put my baby to a larger vase before I got to go working at 2 pm. Its 10 pm and now I'm reading your reply.... :(

I've pre-prepared 2 days ago the larger vase with the soil (BioBizz All Mix) and used an empty small vase to have a perfect hole to transplant the plant itself, and have been "working" the soil for 48h as referenced by BioBizz instructions, so water and 48h rest before transplant to get soil awaken for its job.
Like I've said I transplant it 14hours ago into the new 7 litter aka 2 gal pots.

IMG 1840
IMG 1840

Also, i found out now arriving home is that transplant hade made the plant have is leaf's pointing down, and at mid-day, they were pointing high when I got out to work, freshly transplanted.
IMG 1838
IMG 1837

I didn't know about that substance, so for this plant, I will not putt, but since I'm looking for a non-auto 8 plant grow it's good to know improvements to do next time.

IMG 1839
IMG 1841
freddykat

freddykat

I dont know if you guys noticed on the background of the pic my humidifier.
Well is just my old Smoke machine filled with water to humidify the system… I know a humidifier would be better however the smoke machine is free for me to use.

But now I'm looking for some controllers to control temp and humidity.
I have a space of 2sq-mt to climatize.
Now i would like to know how many hours should extractor and the fresh air input work per day?

For what I've imagine I will have the next scheme, using 1 temperature controller and 1 humidity controller.

HUM + -----> SMOKE MACHINE aka humidifier
IMG 1840

HUM - ----- > DE-HUMIDIFIER

Deshumidificador cornwall electronics 10ldia 600x600 m

TEMP + ----- > Small Fan heater 2000W

Termoventiladores JOCEL JTV013231

TEMP - ----- > Fresh air blower ON (I´ve moved the grow room for my basement storage unit, the average temp is around 18/20ºC in the garage @ spring/summer, or lower in the winter months)

ExtractorEnLineaHelicoidal m

So inevitably and since I'm ditching the HPS, the LED would not create as much heat as the HPS, so will have to heat the grow for sure.
The thing is that every time I would put some fresh air the Temp and humidity will go down big time.
Also do you consider good to use 2 syphon's, to have a close air loop and the syphon's should open when its associated blower work.

The temperature controller I've bought is this ONE (press ONE)

HTB1Z87NiZnI8KJjSsziq6z8QpXa8
HTB1o5R9aZrrK1Rjy1zeq6xalFXak

For controlling the humidity I bought this ONE (press ONE), since this humidity controller allow to connect an humidifier and a de-humidifier controlled by the same controller.

HTB1hwG aOfrK1RjSspbq6A4pFXaQ
I
HTB1vMIBavfsK1RjSszbq6AqBXXaa

Now before someone say's that this controllers are not very good I'm making the grow room on a budget, so will spend roughly 100eur/120usd to make temp and hum automation.

Hope ear some advice from you guys!

Spelczk

Spelczk

I dont know if you guys noticed on the background of the pic my humidifier.
Well is just my old Smoke machine filled with water to humidify the system… I know a humidifier would be better however the smoke machine is free for me to use.

But now I'm looking for some controllers to control temp and humidity.
I have a space of 2sq-mt to climatize.
Now i would like to know how many hours should extractor and the fresh air input work per day?

For what I've imagine I will have the next scheme, using 1 temperature controller and 1 humidity controller.

HUM + -----> SMOKE MACHINE aka humidifier
View attachment 870714

HUM - ----- > DE-HUMIDIFIER

View attachment 870716

TEMP + ----- > Small Fan heater 2000W

View attachment 870715

TEMP - ----- > Fresh air blower ON (I´ve moved the grow room for my basement storage unit, the average temp is around 18/20ºC in the garage @ spring/summer, or lower in the winter months)

View attachment 870717

So inevitably and since I'm ditching the HPS, the LED would not create as much heat as the HPS, so will have to heat the grow for sure.
The thing is that every time I would put some fresh air the Temp and humidity will go down big time.
Also do you consider good to use 2 syphon's, to have a close air loop and the syphon's should open when its associated blower work.

The temperature controller I've bought is this ONE (press ONE)

View attachment 870720View attachment 870719

For controlling the humidity I bought this ONE (press ONE), since this humidity controller allow to connect an humidifier and a de-humidifier controlled by the same controller.

View attachment 870721IView attachment 870722

Now before someone say's that this controllers are not very good I'm making the grow room on a budget, so will spend roughly 100eur/120usd to make temp and hum automation.

Hope ear some advice from you guys!
Don't worry about the mycorr & pot size. The most important thing is you've got it planted. Bravo! It's the best way to learn. "Transplant shock" is the term used to describe 24/ 48 hours of difficulty a plant has after repotting. It would explain the Drooping leaves. Myself, I wouldn't be concerned for another 24o.
I understand you are technically gifted. Try to get your knowledge of autos up to to the same standard. Autos are a great learning tool.
Happy growing

freddykat

freddykat

Don't worry about the mycorr & pot size. The most important thing is you've got it planted. Bravo! It's the best way to learn. "Transplant shock" is the term used to describe 24/ 48 hours of difficulty a plant has after repotting. It would explain the Drooping leaves. Myself, I wouldn't be concerned for another 24o.
I understand you are technically gifted. Try to get your knowledge of autos up to to the same standard. Autos are a great learning tool.
Happy growing

Strangely when I got to work 9hours ago it was almost perfect. I arrive at home and have yellow point leaves.
I didn't receive yet the PH probe, I'm using bottled water that I buy on Supermarket, but now I´m not so confident with it.....
Supposedly it has a 6.11 PH and the Biobizz soil it is a 6.4 PH.
And another question, whats the weight that I should put the CFL lights? I have it like 8~10cm from the top of the plant.
Look at the pic and tell me what you think..... hope you can see....

The thing is thatI'm transplanting using the same soil so should be no shock I guess.......

IMG 1844
IMG 1845
IMG 1846
IMG 1847
IMG 1848

Since you been the most helping person do you mind that I ask your social media contact's to chat with you easily....
Mean FB or skype

Spelczk

Spelczk

The yellowing of the leaves and the fact the you don't have a way to asses the PH of the feed confirms that you need to read more about growing plants.

There is no substitute and no short cut.

THC farm is one of many great resources to help new growers. And they are all free!!
You should take a couple of days to read. Specifically Autos because that's what your growing.

RQS have a multi lingual web site
I love growing MJ
Grow weed easy
growdiaries (has 200 sensi grow diaries)

You don't have a pH meter but you have a smoke machine and a plan for design a light a humidifier and ventilation?
This is a simply auto grow that needs basic attention.
Do the reading Freddy it will pay you in good flower and fun and enjoyment.
I don't do social media buddy.
All the best.

freddykat

freddykat

The yellowing of the leaves and the fact the you don't have a way to asses the PH of the feed confirms that you need to read more about growing plants.

There is no substitute and no short cut.

THC farm is one of many great resources to help new growers. And they are all free!!
You should take a couple of days to read. Specifically Autos because that's what your growing.

RQS have a multi lingual web site
I love growing MJ
Grow weed easy
growdiaries (has 200 sensi grow diaries)

You don't have a pH meter but you have a smoke machine and a plan for design a light a humidifier and ventilation?
This is a simply auto grow that needs basic attention.
Do the reading Freddy it will pay you in good flower and fun and enjoyment.
I don't do social media buddy.
All the best.

The PH is on the travel to me. In 3/4 days will check on that part.
In the meanwile should i turn on the HPS? Or should I wait a bit longer to use the other light?
Sorry but is so much info and opinons arround that we found out dificult to chose. That's why I ask you some basics.

freddykat

freddykat

DAY #19

A few days ago I've transplanted the seedling to his defenitive vase.
In the first 2/3 days after transplant I experienced the nutrient burn due to the fact that All-Mix from BioBizz comes with added nutrients.
Next time will start with Light-Mix (supposely have "food" for 4 weeks)

Here is where the plant is at day 19 from seed to soil.
Also i haded a bucket filled with water with a aquarium heater and a air pump and the humidity have increase to close to 50%.... Im targeting for 60% and its a temporary soluction due to have bought 3 ultrasonic vapor cells. And a small fan to make more wind.

IMG 1851
IMG 1849
IMG 1850

freddykat

freddykat

UPDATE:
DAY +- 45 from seed

I´ve been quite busy with some improvements that im doing in my stealth grow.
It have been moved from my flat to my storage unit in the basement.
Basement have the car parking and it's common to other neoigbours so I have to be quite silent and odor less about it, this is how I have set up my stealth grow:

(Will have a DIY for silencer made with thik carboard pipe with accoustic foam to decrease noise and air pressure to shushhhh the blowers ehehehe
The blowers will be inside a wooden box with accoustic foam and some stirofoam.
The only thing that I havent found out how to attenuate the sound is the fans from the LED light..... maybe a noise trap above the light???)

IMG 1868
IMG 1869
IMG 1870

Few pics of the filtering system:

IMG 1864

Active fresh air input:

IMG 1865

Ive started feding the plant with some orgnic ferts and since im using BioBizz soil it seemed reasonable to choose the same brand for the ferts.
It have made a huge diference, in growing and the look is a very healty plant.

IMG 1914

But after a while, I've decided that I won't be using the HPS that have come with the tent. I've replaced my Chinese lamp DIY reflector 180W 6000K CFL lights with some goodie.. :)
BestVA 1500W Full Spectrum.
And well what an awesome surprise.... for its price.... 150eur...

Now we are at day45 since I put it to soil and damn in a week, that's the time I have the LED light it has grown twice is the size. It´s 15cm from the canopy.

IMG 1906
IMG 1908
IMG 1907

Overall I am very pleased with my first plant.
Hope ear bits of advice and thoughts on it.

IMG 1909
IMG 1910
IMG 1911
IMG 1912

Latest posts

Top Bottom