• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
ok i have a big problem

2 of my elite clones started to die...took them out of the pot and there are small white bugs crawling in the soil

the best description i can give is that they like like spidermites in the soil

i dont have much experience with bugs as i keep a tidy room normally

any ideas anyone? i need to nuke these little fuckers ASAP

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Can you post a pic of em? Are they slimy or kinda jelly looking? Are they super tiny or can you make out their shape easily with the naked eye?

Without knowing more the first step I would take is very non toxic and safe, Azamax used as a drench could help out, are there any signs of any bug life on the plant or just soil?

Do they buzz above the soil liine or just buried down below?

phenotyper

phenotyper

Are there any flyers? How about leaf damage? Spectracide and Imid those fuckers asap. You might also try ExciteR or Evergreen (6.0% pyrethrins) if you can get ahold of it.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
tried to get a pic..they are so small and kept on going back into the soil..impossible for me to get a pic..

they are super tiny..look white and are crawling under the soil..they dont fly...and they are not on the leafs..

but my plants are rapidly dying..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
they sound soft bodied, I'd do the drench but honestly don't have much experience with soil bugs...Somebody out there might have a more deadly product in mind, but in 12years I've never had to use a pyrethium or avid type of stuff...so no experience there.

baba G

F

FastForward

They could be fungus gnats, although they're much more common in coco. The look like pinhead sized white worms and live under the surface and feed off rootmass. Left unchecked they can do damage and it's possible that's what you have. No other ideas...I hear soil growers talking about springtails.

I'd try to identify the fuckers first before nuking from orbit, to preserve the beneficials in your soil.

Good luck man

FF

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
hello FF long time no see..im in coco homie

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Ive used spectracide with good results to rid my plants of some pesky root aphids. Only took one treatment but gave a second one just to be safe and havent had any problems since. However, its about as far from organic as you can get haha. It did do a small amount of damage to my plants, but they easily recovered. They were also relitively healthy when I treated them so Im not sure how well heavily stressed plants would react but its definitely a nuke treatment if youre looking for one. Hope this helps....On a side note, if you can rid them with some azamax like Baba G said, I would go that route if possible just cus its not nearly as rough on the plants.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

I agree, sounds like root aphids but its too hart to say without a visual.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
this is what they look like...i found this pic on google images..its a pic of a predatory mite..but it cant be this as these are a good thing...and my plant would still be alive and well

06-079f9.jpg

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
predatory mites do look a lot like the bad guys....but if you had an explosion of mites in the soil, your plant above coco would show you it's mites that are down there...

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

They could be fungus gnats, although they're much more common in coco. The look like pinhead sized white worms and live under the surface and feed off rootmass. Left unchecked they can do damage and it's possible that's what you have. No other ideas...I hear soil growers talking about springtails.

I'd try to identify the fuckers first before nuking from orbit, to preserve the beneficials in your soil.

Good luck man

FF

^^good all on the possibility of fungus gnats. I dont know if they would be springtails though. I had a severe springtail problem at my old place (im also a coco grower). The problem was so bad that I petty much gave up on treating my root zone unless I saw something OTHER than springtails. And in the multiple grows that were infested with springtails and nothing else i had no health problems at all, in fact I grew some of my best plants during that time. Also the thing I noticed about springtails is the jum pretty damn far(hense the name). Now im not saying they are bennificial at all just trying to say they dont cause a whole lot of problems. Some types of springtails actually live on decaying plant matter so they wouldnt even be interested in your live roots

J

Jalisco Kid

If your leaves are going yellow kinda of like overwatering it could be ra's but it also could be just a rubbish/debris cleaner and your plant has other problems. With out more info I would take a guess and drench with merit 75. Just a shot in the dark. JK

FF good to see you among the living.JK

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

The most common small white things in your soil are gunna be springtails or root aphids or fungus gnat larvae. The springtails and fungus gnat larvae will hop or jump when they get disturbed or are on top of the soil. The aphids will crawl and look like small little ticks or something where as the springtails and larvae will look like teeny little worms. And its clearly not the larvae cause youd have fungus gnats unless your using something in your room to kill flying bugs like a no pest strip or something.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
If your leaves are going yellow kinda of like overwatering it could be ra's but it also could be just a rubbish/debris cleaner and your plant has other problems. With out more info I would take a guess and drench with merit 75. Just a shot in the dark. JK

FF good to see you among the living.JK

I have many plants...all get the same feed...only 2 plants are infected...

M

mrbong73

Most of the mite looking creatures that you will find in the soil/coco are going to be primarily decomposers and not root eating.

Soil Mites

Did you actually see them on the roots or just zooming around in the soil?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm paranoid & can't risk any kind of bugs if I see anything going on in the coco then everything must die even the bennies.. U can always add the bennies back.. I hit my coco with this even if I don't got bugshttp://i1118.invalid.com/albums/k620/MakinGoo/21a5987f.jpg
3TBS. Per gallon of water.. This stuff will kill anything but not the plant..

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I'm paranoid & can't risk any kind of bugs if I see anything going on in the coco then everything must die even the bennies.. U can always add the bennies back.. I hit my coco with this even if I don't got bugshttp://i1118.invalid.com/albums/k620/MakinGoo/21a5987f.jpg
3TBS. Per gallon of water.. This stuff will kill anything but not the plant..

Looks great but i know for a fact spain wont sell this....spain sells fuck all..

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Damn I didn't even think of that.. U guys got different stuff at ur stores..

Top Bottom