logic needs help small white bugs crawling in my soil

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ibTheMan

I'm paranoid & can't risk any kind of bugs if I see anything going on in the coco then everything must die even the bennies.. U can always add the bennies back.. I hit my coco with this even if I don't got bugshttp://i1118.invalid.com/albums/k620/MakinGoo/21a5987f.jpg
3TBS. Per gallon of water.. This stuff will kill anything but not the plant..

So it should work in Sunshine#4 to right? And it Kills Root Aphids Correct?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Logic act fast those are root aphids brah, that's not a predatory mite.
Predatory nematodes will eat those fuckers inside out and sticky traps catch the flyers though it takes time for them to reach that stage.
Got mine from FFOF & HF, my friend says he got his from blocks of coir also. Good luck dude those are the roaches of weed pest.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
So who can send me some Merit 75? please send me a pm if you want some free seeds..thanks all

waayne

waayne

Man if you want to try a Biorational control
you might try and find a Saccharopolyspora Spinosa
product like "Spinosad" It's a naturally occuring bacterium that attacks several soil borne pests.

I used a product called Rotenone a long time ago >>I don't know if it's still available but it was effective.

I would not hesitate to use Chems to kill them as they're
attacking your moms not production plants
Good luck bro!

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
I have some Bayer complete if needed logic.

Let me know.

deep buddy

deep buddy

this is what they look like...i found this pic on google images..its a pic of a predatory mite..but it cant be this as these are a good thing...and my plant would still be alive and well

06-079f9.jpg

those dont look like root aphids to me. but a similar approach may work. you need to use at least three rotating products a permethrin or comp., a botanigard or comp., and predator nematodes. and stickys for the flyers. thats a cyclamen mite in pic below. to id would take pics of as many stages of life cycle as possible. hope that helps. ohh and the absolute best way to beat all pests is co2 strat. so if you can thats what i would suggest. take the ppm as high as you can for 12 hours.

Images 4
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
those dont look like root aphids to me. but a similar approach may work. you need to use at least three rotating products a permethrin or comp., a botanigard or comp., and predator nematodes. and stickys for the flyers. thats a cyclamen mite in pic below. to id would take pics of as many stages of life cycle as possible. hope that helps. ohh and the absolute best way to beat all pests is co2 strat. so if you can thats what i would suggest. take the ppm as high as you can for 12 hours.

i found this pic on google images..its a pic of a predatory mite..

where does that say its a root aphid? please read before posting......:mad0233:

gowanstarr

gowanstarr

I just had a little problem myself with some kind of little white bug in the coco, I never did find out what it was because I acted on it before I even knew what it was. I do know that it came in my brand new block of coir. Reason I noticed em so quick was they killed all but 2 of my wifi seedlings I just popped. I popped the seedlings in rockwool and they were doing great, then I tranfered to solo cups with my new coco, plants started dying soon as they hit the coco, upon investigation I find white little bugs that like to hide deep in the coco. I never seen them before and I have to say that this the first time I have had to deal with soil bugs other than gnats. I hit my plants with azamax to no affect and then spectracide, that killed em deader then dead and my plants are acting back to normal. Just wanted to share and also ask if anyone knew if microwaving my coir block before use would kill these little fuckers? If not then I guess I will have to pre-spectracide my coco before I even use it which is gonna be a pain in my arse. Hopefully the microwave will nuke'em. Remember the good ole days when you could buy medium and it would not be pre-infected with bugs. I swear the pesticide companys are paying these other companys that are selling soil and coco to infect their products with bugs so we have to buy pesticides.

B

bongorilla

Hey Logic, I sure hope it aint root aphids bro, I had a HELL of a time ridding those.

It's hard to say anything without seeing them and positively identifying them first.

heres a video of what I had, it kind of looks like a mite I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x3NSMVPqIc

Does it look like that?

S

sensisaint

hey bro i would go with a drench of spinosad or azamax. and the merit you mentioned comes in a powder or granular. not sure what would work.

A

amstercal

The root aphids I dealt with had a couple different forms... a white crab/spider looking thing, a flyer that was similar to a fungus gnat and a thing that looked kinda like the pic you posted. If you are getting any yellowing (the leaves I saw looked like everything from a sulfur deficiency to a nitrogen deficiency, but mostly a magnesium deficiency). Here's what we did that got rid of them for over a year ago...
Bayer Tree & Shrub (has Imid like Merit, just lower dose)
followed by Spectracide (main ingredient is Triazicide, maybe that can be located somewhere local to you?)
followed by Azamax drenches once a week
a p-bomb was let off during that too

If I had to do it over, honestly, I'd skip the Merit. The body count was way higher from the Triazicide than a week's worth of bodies from the Bayer. I'll totally head to Home Depot for you if that's the route you pick (no one around me sells Merit that I know of). PM me if you'd like me to help.

Incidentally, the Spectracide killed a fungus gnat problem too.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
azamax drench its what i use then a azamax at 12 to 15 ml's per gal for drench and 7 to 8 mls per liter for spray killed all my lil bugs get you some.

audius

audius

fungal nats bro,they eat the roots then work there way up.eating the plant from the inside out. i had a rash of em .lil fuckers killed off all my clones i had. thank god i had the mother in another room.i had to pitch the clones & start over.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
azamax drench its what i use then a azamax at 12 to 15 ml's per gal for drench and 7 to 8 mls per liter for spray killed all my lil bugs get you some.

Good call PG. This is what I was going to suggest as I skimmed for the name lol. It's organic and systemic I believe. Basically neem oil with all the smelly stuff taken out. I would start organic and then go from there. Any full plant shots logic? Sorry if I'm suggesting something said. Just figured I'd chime quickly when I didn't see this mentioned.

How about CO2 in excess? I'd take a cut now and destroy the container and plant in it. I don't like chemicals if I really don't need them. Best of luck bro!

Cheers,
Crom

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
can u take clones off the 2 plants ? i would also quarantine them till you get them better but if they look like the clones will root chuck out the mothers. how could you have gotten the new bugs as well, i would look into that

Latest posts

Top Bottom