logic needs help small white bugs crawling in my soil

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Onespark

Onespark

I am with Sea. If you do have RA's Logic, Azamax and Diotamecious earth are dead ends. IMID most likely wont solve the problem either unless you have some really weak RA's. IMID just lets the strongest ones continue on most of the time. I wonder if you could find the Meterhizium F52 Fungus in Spain? It is used in France I know. If you can find it you should repot all your plants with it right now. If two are showing as bad as they are, they have moved further than you will see with your eyes and into other plants. If you start seeing them change into tank beetle looking things or fliers you are gonna be hating life really fast. Keep us updated I am curious to see what the final ID on these critters turns out to be.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
dont look like

root aphids ...........lol looks like a tiny tick looks like a predatory mite
and if so what it is eating is proly the problem

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
+1 - look for diatomite locally and top dress with it to cover the coco. It doesn't cure any infestations but it'll kill adults crawling over the surface and make it harder to get reinfested.

FF
like FF said it dont end a infestation but makes it hard to reinfest
it will not get rid of fungas gnats it will kill adults. dunks or some other attack is needed for larva
I saw absolutely *no* relief from my RA infestation with diatomaceous earth. Works well for fungus gnats, as does sand.

I recall reading that the wet-dry cycles of coco can actually spur RAs to breed even more.

More Tx than just the root zones of these clones may be necessary.

it will kill adult RAs any insect with an exoskeleton is dead in 48 hours after contact . what kills the RAs larva ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It (DE) didn't kill the adult flyers, again, at least not in my experience. What killed the RAs that I had wasn't Bayer T&S, either. It was Spectracide with Triazicide, and I have to say that just smelling it makes me sad. Killed EVERYTHING in the area. I would really rather have something else to use, if it's ever again necessary.

Man... this whole thing is making me sad. WTF? Am I about to womanate? Fucking hormones.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
It (DE) didn't kill the adult flyers, again, at least not in my experience. What killed the RAs that I had wasn't Bayer T&S, either. It was Spectracide with Triazicide, and I have to say that just smelling it makes me sad. Killed EVERYTHING in the area. I would really rather have something else to use, if it's ever again necessary.

Man... this whole thing is making me sad. WTF? Am I about to womanate? Fucking hormones.

lol.............your proly right but did you see one get in it and follow him till he died lol jk. but they are hard to track it takes 48 hours to kill

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
If you Use DE just make sure to turn off your fans 1st....

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I had RAs and killed them dead with merit. One application and no root aphids since then. Only good really for veg. We nuked everything with merit. Tore it all down and started over with fresh cuts.

Take the cuts you need. Dunk them. Root them (in another spot if you can). Drop the merit bomb. problem will be solved.

I can send you some if nobody else has already. We only got this once when we got clones from an outside source. Since then, no clones from anyone but ourselves, or very trusted source.

B

bngrips

Yea I would say take clones if you can ASAP, hit them with some azamax, captain jacks, and some hydro peroxide. I really like mixing the azamax with the captain jacks. THe hydro peroxide is supposed to kill all sorts of stuff that grows in the soil, and you can just water them with it.

I had similar bugs crawling in my soil. The azamax and spinosad combo works pretty good combined with a top dressing of sand or perlite.

HeartlandHank

HeartlandHank

Logic, if you cannot get Merit 75 in Spain. - can send you some.
- bought it and never used it. After reading about effects of imid, - changed my mind. - got rid of the ra's (9 weeks no bugs, so far) with azamax and pyganic. Neither are cheap. From what - understand, both are very safe though.
Quarantine the infected plants, for sure.

Pyganic 1.4 at 30ml/gal. Dunk or liberally drench.
Azamax drench at 2oz per gallon (- think). Whatever the label shows as drench full strength.

The problem with azamax - saw was the roots hated the oil. - hear there is this stuff called azasol. Same stuff, azadachtin, powder based. Might be less destructive to the roots?

If you decide to go Merit 75, and you cannot get it in Spain, let me know. It would be coming from the States though.

I

ibTheMan

his is what the fuckers look like! this sucks, these Suck! i found um dign around, Boooo!

Root aphid 0081
Root aphid 0041
Onespark

Onespark

his is what the fuckers look like! this sucks, these Suck! i found um dign around, Boooo!

That thing is ugly. Mine looked a little different but basically the same. That is the last stop before the flyers form. That one has a flatter back and a different color. Yucky. That bug can clone itself at least six times a day probably more. I have seen more than a few farmers try Azamax over and over including me with no long term luck. Short term results seem promising and then...

I still say that DE does nothing to these bugs. I poured it all over adult RA's with no result whatsoever. The exoskeleton is pretty tough. If you are going to do IMID or whatever I recommend following your treatments with an H2O2 flush. It cleans the damaged and rotting roots and lets the plant recover quicker. The root damage is intense and spreads decay, virus, bacteria etc. I flushed them with H2O2 a couple times then gave them an enzyme and roots excel and they continue on pretty strong as long as the damage isn't past the tipping point. I still think Met52 is the best thing I have seen for RA's but I guess I am kicking a dead horse on that one. Good luck everyone

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
So Ive been battling what i believed were root aphids(which ive had in the past)
for the last 2 1/2 weeks. nothing worked.(spectracide,merit 75, azamax, mosquito dunks, etc.) They didnt really look like the large rot aphids ive seen before though. I started thinking that they looked like little spider mites on top of the soil, so i googled soil mites and BAM there were the little bugs right in front of me. Hypoaspis miles. predatory mites that eat fungus gnats. after i realized this I looked back in my coco garden and realized that my fungus gnats had almost completely disappeared. I was seeing deficiencies in a couple of places but upon further review I think those problems are from overwatering.

M

MydnyteToker

Logic, how did your battle go? Sounds like root aphids to me as well. From what I read from SeaMaiden's battles, I sure hope I don't have to deal with them. I am currently dealing with fungus gnats and that is stressful enough.

MT

C

crippled1

Logic, I realize this post is somewhat old but here is what I know.
I have dealt with these little fuckers and killed them all off.
They are mites that live in the soil. They are mites because they have 8 legs.
They will fuck your plants up quick.
I purchased 25000 hypoaspis miles predator mite for $39 from these guys
http://www.rinconvitova.com/
Just dump them in on your medium and grab a beer and let those bastards go to work.
They cleaned up my garden in about 3 days.
The nice thing is the predators kept living in my garden for the next couple runs.
If you are in Europe, you can probably get these more easily.
http://www.allaboutswirskii.com/

S

StonerB

I would like to second the opinion of Baba, Azamax is a great and fairly non toxic soil drench. Azatrol is another with the same active amount of Azadirachtin. Recently at the Max Yield show in Long Beach I saw a product called Azasol, as this is fairly new I have no experience with this one but it has a higher concentration of the active ingredient.I would also suggest the possibility it is thrips larva. These are quick moving little bastards that plunge into the soil/coco after their eggs hatch from the leaves where they were deposited by their winged adults. This is my first post so I hope it can help. I have received much info from the site. Peace and thanks to all involved.

K

kes5480

this is what they look like...i found this pic on google images..its a pic of a predatory mite..but it cant be this as these are a good thing...and my plant would still be alive and well

06-079f9.jpg

That is exactly what i saw crawling around on a rapid rooter i was looking at to see if the clone popped roots and saw these. WTF are they? what kind of predatory mites?? I looked at one with my scope and it looks exactly like this pic...What is it?Hypoaspis mites? if they are i guess they are fungus gnats natural predator so am i ok??? I need some help they are in my veg closet and idk wat 2do?

RichPorter

RichPorter

tried to get a pic..they are so small and kept on going back into the soil..impossible for me to get a pic..

they are super tiny..look white and are crawling under the soil..they dont fly...and they are not on the leafs..

but my plants are rapidly dying..

Same thing is happening to mine idk what is is though

Monster762

Monster762

Same thing is happening to mine idk what is is though
This thread is old.are they near top of soil n scatter quickly after moving soil. Bouncing at all? If so those bugs aren’t bad. Can you get pic. And pic of damage to plant

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

@logic you need to get some nematodes.theres ones that eat ANY INSECT OR INSECT LARVEA and they do it pretty quick-a week to 10 days you will see a difference.theyr little microscopic worms that attack insects in your soil by breaking into the insects body at the joints then they use that body to reproduce.i use em all the time for fungus gnat larvea but they eat everything in my soil.even the wee so called beneficial bugs-not the myco or earth worms but like springtails etc.if its an insect theyl get it.and the good thing is theyr pretty cheap.£20 will cover like 10 square metres o soil.i cant recommend em enough.just run a google search to find a supplier near you.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

why the fuck am i answer questions from 7 bloody years ago?why was it on my recent posts list.why the hell bump this to the top?fuckin waste o time.my fingers have got better things to do.like makin spliffs.

Top Bottom