Logistics Of A Small Timer Moving To Colorado?

• Thread starter cccmints
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

I don't think guerilla growers made the profits that MMC's today make, and they took a lot more risk than time in a holding cell. I think that's the difference. Long before I was born there were many many people plying this craft while risking their entire livelihood. I don't think anyone is negating your work, but I think an argument can be made that there was a bigger risk of life altering consequences for them and probably not so much for you.

I hope that's not too nit picky. Ignore that other noise going on.

Not picky at all; there is a lot of white noise about... and after I said I'd shut up, ah well.

I think the difference is that guerrilla growers were mostly in it for the money, and the activists were mostly in it for the cause. There's profit in growing; there's none in activism, just similar risks. Just because most activists don't cop long jail sentences for being public proponents of cannabis doesn't mean they don't face hazards. I saw many people beaten by police at rallies, and I knew a few that lost their jobs because of their work. Others were surveilled, harassed, and followed so consistently they never dared possess, so they could no longer enjoy the plant they were fighting for. That's the least of it; anyone who's been the focus of police scrutiny knows what I'm talking about, including lots of guerrilla growers... There's overlap in these worlds, but I've found that the people only interested in money filter themselves into their own niche. You can see the same gravitational effect at work on this site.

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Yo @Dr.Boots no dissrespect im done posting here i apologize for fucking your thread up . my bad

It's not my thread, I'm just the one who fired the shot that dropped the shit avalanche. These things take on a life of their own, and this thread has some good discussion as well as the fluff.

Organikz

Organikz

Man i think your problem is you dont have friends so it shocks you that others do you tried to be cute and attack someone we respect is all we get it ya are bored man im sure natural can defend himself but hes got more than 2 lights . have fun starting shit . how ling have ya been here ? How many people have ya had "debates" with how many farmers actually trust you ? You lack social skills which is fine if you have been growing your entire life and its your job but ya have never even pulled more than afew plants but ya act like jesus .
I go back and see this...is my whole grow career on this site? No. I was growing back in high school 20 years ago. I've pulled plenty through the years. You think you have everyone all figured out but you're terrible at profiling.

sixstring

sixstring

man i dont even know what to clean up in here jesus guys haha :facepalm: if you have something related to the logistics of a small timer moving to colorado please post it here,all the other crap can be done PLEASE ,man this shepherd stuff is rough :puke2:

Organikz

Organikz

I think I should just stay in my sandbox...
@sixstring sry. I'll go hide out before get booted

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Not picky at all; there is a lot of white noise about... and after I said I'd shut up, ah well.

I think the difference is that guerrilla growers were mostly in it for the money, and the activists were mostly in it for the cause. There's profit in growing; there's none in activism, just similar risks. Just because most activists don't cop long jail sentences for being public proponents of cannabis doesn't mean they don't face hazards. I saw many people beaten by police at rallies, and I knew a few that lost their jobs because of their work. Others were surveilled, harassed, and followed so consistently they never dared possess, so they could no longer enjoy the plant they were fighting for. That's the least of it; anyone who's been the focus of police scrutiny knows what I'm talking about, including lots of guerrilla growers... There's overlap in these worlds, but I've found that the people only interested in money filter themselves into their own niche. You can see the same gravitational effect at work on this site.
I'd argue that we're (growers and activists) in it for the lifestyle, though we have drastically different ideas of how best to embody that.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. It sounds like you've taken some hits and run some personal risk in your work; as you say, it's also possible that the community as a whole has benefited from that work, and that's a positive.

However, you're comparing that work you did (guerrilla grows), to the role of activists, who took very similar personal risks. So what's the difference? I don't recall making money from the political activities I've been involved with, especially cannabis activism, a cause for which I've donated hundreds of volunteer hours, as well as risk to personal safety and health (rallies in the late 80's were met with police violence). We stood up and offered to go out and get arrested, and often beaten up by the cops-- so that cannabis legalization could move forward. I feel your bitterness, but I don't think I'm the right direction to send it... even if I don't approve of people who want to start up small time grows in CO, then send their product out of state.
Well said brother. And I do consider each to be brothers. I will agree my angst is sometimes projected on the wrong source cause at the end of the day we are both on the same side. As a nation I think there is too much division and that is something I am willing to work on , on my end. Respect

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo @Dr.Boots no dissrespect im done posting here i apologize for fucking your thread up . my bad
Kat Man do..... wassup brother man. :D Good to see you kickn round.... You too @LocalGrowGuy happy baked freakin friday fella's!!!! I'm a little too baked tho. OMG......

Organikz

Organikz

yea you better git!!!!! lmao. J/k man. Hey btw did the grinch really smoke all of the Who hash in Whoville???
Well don't worry I'll probably be MIA for a while because I got some fresh bubblebags and an Afghan kush with 1-2 weeks left. Maybe that's what I need while I go sit in the corner.

Maybe I'll be in Swaziland, Congo, nepal, malawi.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

@LocalGrowGuy
I was not aware that proper punctuation was a forum rule. I thoroughly apologize sir. Now, what say you sir? Could cannabis, which was here millions of years before man existed, survive without a person "growing" it? I'm guessing not since we need to micromanage eh?
Using proper English isn't a rule, but if you expect to gain any credibility, you should consider using language of the people you want to be your peers. I don't think many organic farmers who are in a position to discuss the topic with you would enjoy hearing you call them 'bro', or using the term, 'lol'. That's immature, and your overuse of those terms is sophomoric and insulting, even if that's not your intent.
Cannabis was not here millions of years before man. Thousands, perhaps. I haven't seen any pot leafs in amber at the head shops. Maybe I'm not shopping at the right places.
I will make sure to make my posts as clean and bold printed as possible so that you can understand. Now that we are speaking on this level what method do you use to access direct uptake pathways? You seem to very knowledgable.
Pass. I'm not big on pot forum dick measuring contests.

Organikz

Organikz

Using proper English isn't a rule, but if you expect to gain any credibility, you should consider using language of the people you want to be your peers. I don't think many organic farmers who are in a position to discuss the topic with you would enjoy hearing you call them 'bro', or using the term, 'lol'. That's immature, and your overuse of those terms is sophomoric and insulting, even if that's not your intent.
Cannabis was not here millions of years before man. Thousands, perhaps. I haven't seen any pot leafs in amber at the head shops. Maybe I'm not shopping at the right places.

Pass. I'm not big on pot forum dick measuring contests.

flowering plants began branching off of the evolutionary tree 200 million years ago. look where humans branched off. c'mon man the sun doesn't revolve around earth either. humans are nothing to the history of earth. a blink of an eye. Man is irrelevant as an ant. We've only created in our minds that the earth needs us.

EIbub
Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

i'm still trying to wrap my head around being called the arrogant, insulting guy by someone who stated a punch in the mouth was in order for someone as well as speaking about someone's deceased mother of 3 years. And this horse was ridden hard. i get it. i'm the arrogant asshole. womp womp

tis what tis...good day sir

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Organikz @sixstring did ask all to get back on topic here. Topic is small timer moving to colo lets drop the shitstorming and get back to basics........ Peace

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

@Organikz @sixstring did ask all to get back on topic here. Topic is small timer moving to colo lets drop the shitstorming and get back to basics........ Peace
Organikz, sending me private messages about powerlines makes you sound like the nutjobs who post in the conspiracy threads. That's the level of credibility you have here. If you have something to say, post it here or make a thread, don't send me cowardly private messages about bullshit nonsense.
i'm still trying to wrap my head around being called the arrogant, insulting guy by someone who stated a punch in the mouth was in order for someone as well as speaking about someone's deceased mother of 3 years. And this horse was ridden hard. i get it. i'm the arrogant asshole. womp womp

tis what tis...good day sir
Do you really not comprehend why you caught flak for this little shitshow? You keep playing the victim card but I don't think you'll get any takers.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

flowering plants began branching off of the evolutionary tree 200 million years ago. look where humans branched off. c'mon man the sun doesn't revolve around earth either. humans are nothing to the history of earth. a blink of an eye. Man is irrelevant as an ant. We've only created in our minds that the earth needs us.
You are strangely loose with your vocab when trying to discuss complicated topics, which is 'totes adorbz'. Is this the proper place to put an 'lol'? LOL.

First, you said this:
"Could cannabis, which was here millions of years before man existed"

I called bullshit, and now you moved the goalposts to 'flowering plants'?

Bob calls bullshit on your weird round earth theory, too. Are you going to call bob a liar?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/entertainment/rapper-bob-earth-flat-theory/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom