Lolipop, LST, Top, SuperCrop, Defoliate? (Need some SUPER ADVICE)๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

• Thread starter SunshineSupergirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Below are my current plants:
โ˜ฎ๏ธ
What would you suggest that I do?๐Ÿ™

It's my first grow.๐Ÿ˜‡

I have lots of headroom and some width available.

But my goal was to grow a TALL plant.โ™ป๏ธ๐Ÿฅฆ

How can I maximize the life of my girl.โ›‘๏ธ

Given the dimensions of my space.

Please give me your recommendations.๐Ÿ’Ž

Thank you. โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ™

Lolipop lst top supercrop defoliate need some super advice
Lolipop lst top supercrop defoliate need some super advice 2
Lolipop lst top supercrop defoliate need some super advice 3
SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Btw there's more window above the lights, so I can keep raising it.

5 1/2 total available height with the LED lights up top. โ˜ฎ๏ธ

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Hoping for some advice by the end of the day because it's really crucial to do something with this plant today. โ˜ฎ๏ธ

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Sativa's grow tall, I guess you could get a tall indica. Growing in a 5 gallon bucket is small for a big plant. If you just let it go naturally then it'll get as big as it'll get. You can lst, scrog, top, lollipopping and there's mainlining.

Genetics play a role.

My verdict let it go naturally then in first week of flower lollipop it.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Sativa's grow tall, I guess you could get a tall indica. Growing in a 5 gallon bucket is small for a big plant. If you just let it go naturally then it'll get as big as it'll get. You can lst, scrog, top, lollipopping and there's mainlining.

Genetics play a role.

How do you properly lollipop a cannabis plant?

Purple Haze is actually kind of a medium tall it does have 30% Indica.

I got a feeling I'm probably going to get up to about 4 ft Maybe in heights but where I'm going to have a problem is I have only 10 inches width from the window to the plastic and the width is 42 in the other way so my leaves are already kind of pressing up against the plastic and the window.

So I do want to make it like a tall lollipop with lots of bud sites.

โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ™

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Genetics play a role.

We're at day 78 now.

And this plant looked like this 60 days ago.

IMG 20220407 034223
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

โ˜ฎ๏ธ

It's my first grow.๐Ÿ˜‡

But my goal was to grow a TALL plant.โ™ป๏ธ๐Ÿฅฆ

How can I maximize the life of my girl.โ›‘๏ธ

Given the dimensions of my space.

Please give me your recommendations.๐Ÿ’Ž

Thank you. โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ™
Personally I top starting early. Earlier than this even. And I start supercrop as soon as possible. I can usually keep any vegging plant chest high at the tallest. Stretch is another matter.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Personally I top starting early. Earlier than this even. And I start supercrop as soon as possible. I can usually keep any vegging plant chest high at the tallest. Stretch is another matter.
I thought topping makes plants shorter?

I actually don't want a short plant.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I just remove the under growth I know won't produce. There's plenty of stuff on the site for tips and tricks. You've got time and I would start reading a lot. So many options so many variables. It's something you'll personally have to figure out.

It's all opinion.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

But you want it to be more productive? Good luck. Lollipop doesnโ€™t do squat for weight. Figure out what you want and let us know.
Well I have width to work with too.

I can make something more like a big fat lollipop.

Like a SpongeBob SquarePants lollipop. โน๏ธ

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Well I have width to work with too.

I can make something more like a big fat lollipop.

Like a SpongeBob SquarePants lollipop. โน๏ธ
I basically want the plant to fill up the entire window since she's the only one I have now. โ˜ฎ๏ธโ˜˜๏ธ

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

I just remove the under growth I know won't produce. There's plenty of stuff on the site for tips and tricks. You've got time and I would start reading a lot. So many options so many variables. It's something you'll personally have to figure out.

It's all opinion.
I've done so much research already my brain is overloaded.. lol.

Definitely going to defoliate leaves that aren't getting any sun from the canopy.

I took a picture of my plants the other day and my camera immediately thought that my LED light was sunlight.

It switched to the sunlight setting ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ’ž

I'm at 80% power now on this plant is just taking off! ๐Ÿ’ž

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

โ˜ฎ๏ธ

It's my first grow.๐Ÿ˜‡

But my goal was to grow a TALL plant.
That's not a great goal to have indoors, as it generally means lighting issues.

Personally, I top them early (5th node, then 7th or 8th, then 9th or 10th.) I may top more after that, but I do try to be done with all the topping before flipping them to flower.

Lollipopping tends to be helpful. Once you fill up a growing area, the lower leaves tend to have no decent light. It's not a problem to defoliate from bottom up. Helps with airflow, and it helps you be able to see issues with the pots and plants easier.

After that, I install a trellis and start bending shoots quite a bit once the flower stretch starts. For me, and many others growing indoors, a big goal is even lighting across a canopy rather than one or two big colas sticking up into the good light, while the rest languishes in the shadows.

If you have lighting on the sides as well as top, then tall is a fine way to go.

SunshineSupergirl

SunshineSupergirl

Then I would top and scrog it for big growth. You'll lollipop it anyways which is just removing under developed undergrowth that won't get light.
What if I was to train some of the branches to climb onto the other pots since the other two plants aren't going to grow any bigger.

That way I could tie some branches down do a little slow stress training and widening up a little bit?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Then I would top and scrog it for big growth. You'll lollipop it anyways which is just removing under developed undergrowth that won't get light.
These tall ass plants have so much larf and mids for the most part. I top 3 times in a row. Supercrop as soon as its possible and lay those 8 main branches out like spokes on a wheel. Even without a SCROG I can usually keep them out of the lights and with a lot of buds standing up.

Top Bottom