Long Ago I Grew In Soil, Now 20yr. Later I Found Coco.

• Thread starter Lorcan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

hi all, from Ireland, have some experience growing but still learning! Just first grow in coco, excellent I say.

Same here mate, not twenty years, four grows before finding coco lol. But glad I didn't carry on with soil and get set in my ways.

dan1989

dan1989

If your good with blending soil it really can be nice though.....i guess i just need to look into auto feed

I probably should have said that it's my total lack of knowledge of soil and the seemingly easy time I had with coco why I like it so much. I would not say for example that soil is no good, as it's only been growing in it for the last million years our whatever. Heard some good things about super soil too..

Juicebox

Juicebox

I probably should have said that it's my total lack of knowledge of soil and the seemingly easy time I had with coco why I like it so much. I would not say for example that soil is no good, as it's only been growing in it for the last million years our whatever. Heard some good things about super soil too..
Not having to water daily is a blessing but the yeild suffers a bit

dan1989

dan1989

I was only watering every two days as the plant was taking FOREVER to drink. I had pretty poor drainage in my coco, only thing I can think of is I packed it in the pot too tight. Or I topped too early, apparently this stops the main taproot developing any further, although in not sure if this is true or not. Lots of lessons learned for next time, especially as far as LST and defoliating goes...too much popcorn the last run. . .

Juicebox

Juicebox

I was only watering every two days as the plant was taking FOREVER to drink. I had pretty poor drainage in my coco, only thing I can think of is I packed it in the pot too tight. Or I topped too early, apparently this stops the main taproot developing any further, although in not sure if this is true or not. Lots of lessons learned for next time, especially as far as LST and defoliating goes...too much popcorn the last run. . .
It really depends on the coco itself. In my experience...good bagged stuff does best

dan1989

dan1989

I would apologise for de railing the thread but I hope because we're talking coco it remains relevant @Lorcan

Lorcan

Lorcan

When feeding in COCO, my tap water is 200ppm if I add nuets to bring ppm up to 700 should I read this feed as 700ppm or 500 cos of water being 200 ppm

Homesteader

Homesteader

I use coco in my soil mix blend to get the fluff and quick dry that combats the peat bogging down my soil. I tried growing without it, and it just wasn't the same. Great stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom