Longer flowering in UC????

• Thread starter FatFreddysKat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Yes, the extra week is common.

I typically ran the veg nutes the first week + into the stretch, but I liked the extra N to help fill the screens.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Thats interesting..... I wonder way it would make it longer if anything I would have thought it would be quicker as the nutrients are more readily available. Does that apply to when using co2?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Given the rapid water uptake in the UC, all the free water soluble N gets supercharged into the plants vascular system provoking mass veg growth. The "trick" is to retard that N uptake starting at about week 3 in bloom so as too shift the plants metabolism into a more reproductive mode.

As we all know stress can hasten bloom set as the plants hurry into sexual reproductive mode to make seeds in case of a premature plant death.....the seeds produced will ensure future generations. w/ medi cann crops the absence of males takes the seeds out of the equation, though the plants still focus on their reproductive phase (budding).

Comfortable plants feel little to no need to flower hastily given they are under very little pressure to do so. As we know the UC makes plants very comfortable and also make soluble N very available. Sort of like giving a child all they want while living at home they're far less likely to leave the nest.

So as opposed to stressing your UC plants it's best/easiest to manipulate the NPK. Bloom supps are an obvious way to get this accomplished. This is likely why AN supps such as Big Bud, Bud Ignitor, Over Drive are so necessary in the UC to get suitable flower maturation. Keep in mind that of all the available minerals plants utilize, K is the most effective in offsetting N uptake by plants.

Having said this, look for bloom supps with a higher K than P such as Hydroplex from botanicare among others. Reducing N in the UC seems to be as useful a bloom stimulant as any bloom booster on the market.....though it may be that the use of a bl. supp is the easiest way to lower N availability.

So what came first?....the chicken riding a horse or the cart with an egg in it?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Given the rapid water uptake in the UC, all the free water soluble N gets supercharged into the plants vascular system provoking mass veg growth. The "trick" is to retard that N uptake starting at about week 3 in bloom so as too shift the plants metabolism into a more reproductive mode.

As we all know stress can hasten bloom set as the plants hurry into sexual reproductive mode to make seeds in case of a premature plant death.....the seeds produced will ensure future generations. w/ medi cann crops the absence of males takes the seeds out of the equation, though the plants still focus on their reproductive phase (budding).

Comfortable plants feel little to no need to flower hastily given they are under very little pressure to do so. As we know the UC makes plants very comfortable and also make soluble N very available. Sort of like giving a child all they want while living at home they're far less likely to leave the nest.

So as opposed to stressing your UC plants it's best/easiest to manipulate the NPK. Bloom supps are an obvious way to get this accomplished. This is likely
why AN supps such as Big Bud, Bud Ignitor, Over Drive are so necessary in the
UC to get suitable flower maturation. Keep in mind that of all the available
minerals plants utilize, K is the most effective in offsetting N uptake by
plants.

Having said this, look for bloom supps with a higher K than P such as Hydroplex from botanicare among others. Reducing N in the UC seems to be as useful a bloom stimulant as any bloom booster on the market.....though it may be that the use of a bl. supp is the easiest way to lower N availability.

So what came first?....the chicken riding a horse or the cart with an egg in it?

Perfectly stated!! I also noticed watching closely the maturing process that the flush before the booster was greatly needed to achieve harvesting on time. I feel that this flush is the most important and some could say the only one really needed. I made sure to drain as far as pumps would allow then running ph water through as I continued pumping out till the water leaving and in system matched what was going in.
Swithching from veg to flower I did not run veg for the first week of flower but what I did do was only drain the system to where the pump allowed me. Doing this seemed to leave enough N to run through that first week of flower. And let the plants take as they wish. Starting week 3 I did a complete flush to be sure to deprive from all veg nuts and to concentrate strictly on its bloom cycle. UC your the man and thanks for all your shared knowledge....

D

DixinCider

lol har har you guys are to funny! if anything you are trolling..

U

UNVME

Longer flowering time??

I felt as if my transition to bloom was quicker then usual (bud-sites set more quickly)

Maybe it is strain dependent but I noticed quicker flowering times.

D

DixinCider

Me thinx Dix is UC hater, not a troll. ;)

nahh im not a hater at all guy, i just hate when things are hella hyped up and aren't what you thought they were. you were throwing around 2-3lb avgs like they were going out of style.....prob made alot of ppl think its the system that makes them yield that way...canopy my fellow farmers not the system.

B

budtendermike

So as opposed to stressing your UC plants it's best/easiest to manipulate the NPK. Bloom supps are an obvious way to get this accomplished. This is likely why AN supps such as Big Bud, Bud Ignitor, Over Drive are so necessary in the UC to get suitable flower maturation. Keep in mind that of all the available minerals plants utilize, K is the most effective in offsetting N uptake by plants.

So if you're using a two part formula namely Canna, would you use less of the formula (part A) that contains nitrogen?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

nahh im not a hater at all guy, i just hate when things are hella hyped up and aren't what you thought they were. you were throwing around 2-3lb avgs like they were going out of style.....prob made alot of ppl think its the system that makes them yield that way...canopy my fellow farmers not the system.

My bad your not a hater, just a doubter.

The hype is generated by the growers using the systems. When gifted growers use good tools, magic happens....but to agree with you, you've got to be a knowledgable grower first and foremost.

BTW....use the bloom boosters in higher ratios relative to the base nutes....keep your base nute ratio a relative to b as recommended.

D

dorkvan420

Dix isnt a hater or doubter......this shemale is a failed UC grower so he/she is now pissed off so IT has to talk shit, plain and simple!!!!
And while Im ranting, you UCMENOW are just a shit talker and from what Ive read, a hater to anyone who has a problem with the blue buckets you so choose to hold on the highest pedestal (im thinking right at chin level if you catch my drift), a great system yes, gods gift to growing, NO!!!!!

D

dorkvan420

FatFreddy what happened bro??? Where you at, and why the funky edits?

U

UNVME

Dix isnt a hater or doubter......this shemale is a failed UC grower so he/she is now pissed off so IT has to talk shit, plain and simple!!!!
And while Im ranting, you UCMENOW are just a shit talker and from what Ive read, a hater to anyone who has a problem with the blue buckets you so choose to hold on the highest pedestal (im thinking right at chin level if you catch my drift), a great system yes, gods gift to growing, NO!!!!!

Plain and simple??

I know Dixincider personally, and he hasn't made the switch to UC, so i'm not sure what is so plain and simple about your crazy off the wall statements.

Gods gift to growing? Deep Water Culture? Why wouldn't it be?? Its fucking epic.

choke trolls :character0029:

F

FatFreddysKat

1st off whatever dv420...not your bro.....I dont need to explain anything to anyone on why or what...taking a vaca out of this place ......I guess I shouldnt have even asked anything, I normally try to keep to myself, fuck all this crap not worth the ulcer...time for my anger management classes!!!

Any mods got power to eliminate/delete me for good here????????

Latest posts

Top Bottom