Look out Mother Africa. The last of the mohicans!!!

• Thread starter shoestring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shoestring

shoestring

We all know the chem/og/diesel based hybrids. We know them all too well. To the point of getting pretty well played out. But damn are they a potent bunch. Anyways. As the title says it all. My prediction is that Africa and all her untouched varieties will be the next thing very very soon. I mean the way i see it. Its got to be Africa. There is not really anywhere left to go. I would like to romanticize in my head that rite now there are real grail seeker/breeders in the Congolese jungle hacking away in the jungle searching! Kind of gets me excited. I believe it in my heart that Africa is where its at. Whats my fellow Farmers take on it? Is Shoestring full of shit?

shoestring

shoestring

Red Congolese. I like the way it just rolls off the tongue. Reminds me of the King Kong movie. Lol. Anyways. Ace seeds and cannabiogen are on the rite track for the future. Lets not forget the other southern Africans besides Durban. Swaziland too. I smoked some of that shit years ago and had me shaking. Scary potent sativas from the the nubian mother continent. I say bring it on. I will find higher ceilings and ditch my 600's for all 1000's. We can do anything indoors. Yeah baby.

psilobuds

psilobuds

fuck going into the congo 2 hunt for cuts would be a bullshit dangerous mission! but i reckon ur rite for exactly that reason. sooo much of africa is dodgy as fuck an hard 2 get 2. theres gotta b gold out there. its a fuckoff massive place!!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Red Congolese. I like the way it just rolls off the tongue. Reminds me of the King Kong movie. Lol. Anyways. Ace seeds and cannabiogen are on the rite track for the future. Lets not forget the other southern Africans besides Durban. Swaziland too. I smoked some of that shit years ago and had me shaking. Scary potent sativas from the the nubian mother continent. I say bring it on. I will find higher ceilings and ditch my 600's for all 1000's. We can do anything indoors. Yeah baby.
I ran King Kong by All-Star Genetics; Red Congolese x (NL5 x Haze). Sadly I lost it in a fight with a "business partner". Been thinking I'd bust out the rest of the seeds I've been holding. Tasty smoke, and big yield. I bet some f2s could eventually produce some badass sativa phenos.

iCultivate

iCultivate

Buy me a ticket and I'll go scour the continent. ;) Could spend a lifetime or three there searching for the holy grail.

-- iCultivate --

shoestring

shoestring

Whoever has got on in the process of getting seeds of inbred landrace cultivars of the best sativas the continent has to offer is going to have a one up on everybody. Iam telling yall. I dont have the resources to do it myself but man oh man. Get those prized seeds and cuts in the hands of the rite persons with the available facilities with the proper skill and time. Skies the limit. Some real deal hybridization done properly. Someone has got to be doing this as we type. Iam sure of it. Africa is pretty much untouched.

iCultivate

iCultivate

It's a nice thought that for years and years to come breeders will keep producing incredible and potent strains for us all to enjoy. What legends.

-- iCultivate --

shoestring

shoestring

My good buddy Jazz out in southern oregon has an awesome cherry malawi going now. Never smoked it but from his pix and description it seems to je the whip. Said all the seeds he starts have very little variation too. Like cuttings. Just imagine something exotic out of Madagascar coming out. Hell that island is untouched period much less if theres any canabis variety searching going on. Talk about a new deck of cards to play with!!! One could rewrite the whole book on genetics with that. Free up the bottleneck for sure!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We all know the chem/og/diesel based hybrids. We know them all too well. To the point of getting pretty well played out. But damn are they a potent bunch. Anyways. As the title says it all. My prediction is that Africa and all her untouched varieties will be the next thing very very soon. I mean the way i see it. Its got to be Africa. There is not really anywhere left to go. I would like to romanticize in my head that rite now there are real grail seeker/breeders in the Congolese jungle hacking away in the jungle searching! Kind of gets me excited. I believe it in my heart that Africa is where its at. Whats my fellow Farmers take on it? Is Shoestring full of shit?
No, you're not full of shit. I know someone who knows someone who's been working African lines out in Spain the traditional way--growing them out and hand-selecting phenos for one trait--flowering time. I was gifted some of those genetics, but they were stolen in the robbery. Those plants probably should have come with a warning label, but frankly I don't feel sorry for anyone who smoked it and lost their minds, stolen goods should fuck with your head.

In any event, the few Africans I've tried were... they were frightening, truly mind-bending stuff. Ugly as ALL hell. But your mind got bent three ways over Sunday.

entropy99

entropy99

Just imagine something exotic out of Madagascar coming out. Hell that island is untouched period much less if theres any canabis variety searching going on. Talk about a new deck of cards to play with!!! One could rewrite the whole book on genetics with that. Free up the bottleneck for sure!!!

Sadly that is far from the truth. There are well over 20 million people living in Madagascar and have been there for over 2000 years. In that time, more than 90% of the forest has been wiped out, endangered many of the native specie there. As agriculture is a major industry there, what is remainng is still under threat. Finding rare landraces there might be more challenging than you think

In any event, the few Africans I've tried were... they were frightening, truly mind-bending stuff. Ugly as ALL hell. But your mind got bent three ways over Sunday.
I've not tried Durban Poison, but have heard it has that kind of effect. Like you feel you're going to die. Unpleasant..

neverbreak

neverbreak

i wonder what it is in them that makes them that way...any thoughts sea? ya wouldn't think they'd be all that different.

neverbreak

shoestring

shoestring

Its that pure psychedelic sativa thats either completely missing or very low on the scale in most hybrid indoor varieties these days. But its got drawbacks too. Lots of natural hermaphroditism in sativas that have grown for a longtime in a particular area. They also take up to three times as long as most known indoor hybrid varieties to mature. Breed the herm tendencies out. Get the maturation times down a little. Keep the taste and that LSD like trippy high and you got a winner. I smoked some true swaziland a long time ago. Tasted like pepper and fruit and licorice. And had a high totally unlike anything ive had in a very long time.

Last edited:
shoestring

shoestring

As Curtis Baby from Cheech & Chong would say "it will put a hump on a camels back".

monkeymun

monkeymun

I have to say, what I smoked when I was in Africa many year back did not impress me. I'm sure there's better stuff out there, I just didn't happen upon it.

shoestring

shoestring

Ive heard that too. If ya look at the stuff looks like total schwag. And some of it is but what my old pops and uncles were smokin back in the early mid seventies (they had a band and their bass player was from liberia -he had the good stuff) would blast the strongest toker. I used to sift the seeds out of the bands pot box and roll doobies. And steal a few tokes myself lol. I would just chuck them seeds. If i would of known then.......

zeke

zeke

Nice flic. I wonder if Hamilton has any of those Swazi seeds. I would totally trade him for a few cycles of testosterone cypionate. Dude needs to work the body.

Latest posts

Top Bottom