Look out Mother Africa. The last of the mohicans!!!

• Thread starter shoestring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yellowhead

yellowhead

Nice flic. I wonder if Hamilton has any of those Swazi seeds. I would totally trade him for a few cycles of testosterone cypionate. Dude needs to work the body.

Dude can work the body without resorting to steroids. :wtf:

N

nightmarecreature

Sadly these Afican strains will only be worthy to the connoisseur. When it comes to pot, most people only see dollar signs. I've had friends who owned dispensaries and they all tell me that Indicas always sell over Sativas 4-1. The majority of people mainly want Indicas.

Hopefully in the future, we may have a good African Sativa, Indica Hybrid, maybe something new.

Most people smoke to calm down. If they want something racy, they'll just smoke meth.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah. Ew, but yeah, you're right. I've always been a sleepy girl, so I never did barbis/downers, and I don't care for couchlocking. Then again, my tolerance is now to the point that I don't get locked like that.

Nice flic. I wonder if Hamilton has any of those Swazi seeds. I would totally trade him for a few cycles of testosterone cypionate. Dude needs to work the body.
LMAO! Uh... I'm not sayin' anything more.

N

nightmarecreature

Yeah. Ew, but yeah, you're right. I've always been a sleepy girl, so I never did barbis/downers, and I don't care for couchlocking. Then again, my tolerance is now to the point that I don't get locked like that.

LMAO! Uh... I'm not sayin' anything more.

Certain OGs will give you couch lock, no matter your tolerance. The Triangle Kush and Faceoff OG will have you locked. That's the reason why OGs will never go away and why they are so popular.when you build up a tolerance, couch lock will go away for you a lot quicker but you'll still get it.

The good potent OGs are stronger than dabs people are hitting.

entropy99

entropy99

Certain OGs will give you couch lock, no matter your tolerance. The Triangle Kush and Faceoff OG will have you locked. That's the reason why OGs will never go away and why they are so popular.when you build up a tolerance, couch lock will go away for you a lot quicker but you'll still get it.

The good potent OGs are stronger than dabs people are hitting.
Almost everything gets me couchlocked, regardless of how much or how little I smoke. I never seem to build a tolerance like other people do.

N

nightmarecreature

That's really strange. I smoke on and off because smoking everyday just doesn't do it for me. I like to take two months off sometimes. When you smoke for the first time after taking a few months off, it fucking great! I just can't smoke everyday, everyone I know who smokes everyday, has some type of serious problems, usually mental. I like to smoke to enjoy it, not to escape from problems.

I still need to try some Malawi gold. I want to get the FEAR!

homebrew420

homebrew420

There is a company called Tropical seeds, used to be here at the farm in 09, they are the only ones I have seen using Congolese.
I agree with landraces being the next big thing, sorta. Will they be used to find something new and novel, yes. Be sold and grown out by the masses, not in my lifetime.
so very few people are capable of keeping a floppy giant sativa flowering for 14weeks. Not to mention the fact that so many are collected at source, then sold. The numbers one would have to go through to find the ONE would be very prohibitive.
I want them. However, I don't enjoy flowering an individual for 12+ weeks only to find out its hay, which is more often than not. I too understand its seed stock, this legendary high folks speak about I have witnessed from jack herrer and a "cindy99 cross" a few times. wasn't something I was running back to.
Still want them, I have a good Panama, Mazar-i (hand collected by US soldier), Jamaican, Vietnam, and Thai (Bangkok betty from Billy Goat), have seeds of Malawi, need Colombian highland Nepal, congo and honestly anything else we can get pur hands on.
As I feel should be done, we f2 all landrace seeds we obtain, using found parents or simply sitting on them. You should see a load of landrace and hybrids over the next few years. There is just sooooooo much work involved, time consuming with mixed results.

Peace

zeke

zeke

I just mooched a few f2s of Afropips Nigerian. Anyone ran any Nigerian?

waayne

waayne

I just mooched a few f2s of Afropips Nigerian. Anyone ran any Nigerian?
I've ran Nigerians
All mine were pretty gangly and very stretchy, small trichomes, and kind of pathetic bud structure,the best phenos had kind of a carrot/earthy aroma
nice pleasant upbeat mild Sativa buzz...nothing to extraordinary about it from the phenos I looked at......
I'm sure nice phenos could be found,but from my experience,you better look at a large number of phenos to find a real quality keeper

Good luck with your Nigerians

zeke

zeke

Yeah, I can handle gangly. The numbers not so much. I only have 5 or 6. I'll have to valmorphasize them into f3. My buddy has a few more and f1 as well. Maybe I'll just mooch harder. Small trichomes interest me. It would be cool to have a database of landrace trichome microphotography. Sort of a trichome trait inheritance reference chart. I want that...

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
In addition to Tropical Seeds, Original Delicatessen also has some congolese crosses. @homebrew420 Tropical Seeds are still around.
Heard the malawi also has a Carrot taste. TheDocta1, has a malawi gold. Maybe archive has some in one of there crosses.

Red Congolese has been making its way around the bay. Going to have to pick up some flowers to sample. Love the sativas with a million tiny trichs.

ACE, Cannabiogen, Tropical Seeds, Original Delicatessen, afropip. any other seeds co with landraces?

@zeke I recall top dawg have a nigerian or nigerian cross?

iCultivate

iCultivate

Small trichomes interest me. It would be cool to have a database of landrace trichome microphotography. Sort of a trichome trait inheritance reference chart. I want that...

Wow..interesting concept. What would you be able to tell from such a chart??

-- iCultivate --

waayne

waayne

Yeah, I can handle gangly. The numbers not so much. I only have 5 or 6. I'll have to valmorphasize them into f3. My buddy has a few more and f1 as well. Maybe I'll just mooch harder. Small trichomes interest me. It would be cool to have a database of landrace trichome microphotography. Sort of a trichome trait inheritance reference chart. I want that...

zeke I just finished looking at Afropips Nigerian
and their strain description and image of their pheno look nothing like the Sativa I grew
If you've ever seen the Lester Grinspoon strain,you're getting an idea of what I grew....
Loose ,fluffy.pod like flowers, they were definitely not chunky,at least not indoors,and mine were not relatively fast to finish....

Afropips Nigerian looks and sounds much different,and much more impressive than what I grew out.
Good luck with those.

I'll sure be looking forward to seeing what you find

zeke

zeke

@ Waayne: I have had the dr Grinspoon. Had it a few years ago at Barney's. Had to try it, just too strange looking not to. Didnt buy the seed. Product was alright. I didn't have to grow it so that was nice. It reminded me of a cannabis version of grapes. Not fruity at all , the calyxes were arranged on the vine like stem. Very unorthodox structure. I'm glad the Nigerian I have is not like that.

@iCultivate : If I go out in the woods by my house and take a macro photo, certain characteristics are going to be distinctive. The profiles of the fir and cedar would be the defining structures for my particular type of temperate rainforest. If I cross the Cascade mountains going east and take another photo, this photo will have a completely different look due to the change in species. It's dryer over there a d they have pines and larch trees, totally different structure.
Of course that was just an analogy, but a good one I hope. Now just think micro photography and substitute a leaf surface shot that is basically just a trichome forest shot. Do one of yer pure afghani and your pure Cambodian and you will be shocked with the disparity of trichome forms. If enough legitimate samples could be assayed some conclusions could be drawn in regards to specific trichome traits and their geographical dispersion.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The strain I got from NCGA that he dubbed Shut The Fuck Up (which, IIRC, is a NYCD cross) has such small trichomes that they look like velvet.

iCultivate

iCultivate

@zeke so basically you want to use trichrome microgrpahs as a means of studying the geographic and evolutionary history of cannabis?

Have you any micrographs of different strains' trichromes? Guess you would ideally only want to work with "pure" landraces, not multiply crossed mega mongrels like what most of us have. I would love to see your concept become a reality, even if here no direct benefit for myself.

-- iCultivate --

zeke

zeke

Yeah, why not? I haven't made any microphotographs yet but I plan to. I have plenty of subjects to shoot. I'll do all my Thais and Cambodians that I have flowering now. I also have Indicas to do as well. I can't verify the authenticity of their alleged area of origin, however. The Sativas I can because I collected them. I've yet to go to Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan or any other similar such area where Indicas are known to be found. Wouldn't it make a nice calendar, "Trichome jungles of the world".Ganja geek magazine. Miss July, a lovely pure Sativa from Chang Mai ,Northern Thailand. Distinctive twisted trichome stalks and massive gland heads...

iCultivate

iCultivate

Haha, it paints quite the picture! I'll pre-order a copy now. 2015 calendar? Great! Miss July from Chang Mai, it has a nice ring to it.

-- iCultivate --

Latest posts

Top Bottom