Looking For 1big Led Light.

• Thread starter Amwar420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alaskind

alaskind

lmao no doubt.... a long time ago a wise grower told me to follow the trailing edge of technology to find value. Thats what I will end up doing, unless I get a bumper crop and can spring for a sweet LED..... kinda reminds me of good solar panels.... if ya can afford em, great, U can save $$... however most of us that are concerned with saving $$ have no budget to spend on potential savings...

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

lmao no doubt.... a long time ago a wise grower told me to follow the trailing edge of technology to find value. Thats what I will end up doing, unless I get a bumper crop and can spring for a sweet LED..... kinda reminds me of good solar panels.... if ya can afford em, great, U can save $$... however most of us that are concerned with saving $$ have no budget to spend on potential savings...
exactly, and im sure we all know the old saying, it takes money to make money....well it also takes money to save money apparently now lol

Minitiger

Minitiger

I have 2 Apache AT600's. Love em :)

Genesis, do you know if it's possible to order longer cords from Apache? The one I have is long enough, but I wanna turn my tent to increase airflow and the cord I have now is a little too short. Ain't no way I'm using an extension cord.

Genesis

Genesis

Genesis, do you know if it's possible to order longer cords from Apache? The one I have is long enough, but I wanna turn my tent to increase airflow and the cord I have now is a little too short. Ain't no way I'm using an extension cord.

I dunno, you can give them a ring. They are cool on the phone and can answer questions you might have. Ignore the crappy website, you can get smart people on the phone :)

tags420

tags420

It is just a standard power cord. You can order longer ones from anywhere. AT only has 8ft max.

I dunno, you can give them a ring. They are cool on the phone and can answer questions you might have. Ignore the crappy website, you can get smart people on the phone :)
I have been trying to get them to change and update their site for 4yrs now. Amazes me such a great company/product has such a shitty website in this day and age.

Genesis

Genesis

I have been trying to get them to change and update their site for 4yrs now. Amazes me such a great company/product has such a shitty website in this day and age.

'Tiz what it 'tiz. As a previous post of yours stated the money with these folks isn't from your typical tent/room guy but larger rollouts. The website is definitely a 'don't judge by it's cover' type of deal though. Their product is great and solid, some scrolling Parallax effects and some minimalism would definitely compliment their product. Make that stuff look like Apple or Tesla and I guarantee you will get a larger portion of consumers to switch...

In a nutshell - AT600 Equals a 1k bulb, easy on the eyes, only pulls 740 from the wall.. <100 degree temps, No bulb/changes maintenance for 10 years (I'm sure your average grower would probably update in 5 or so the way tech advances). It is win/win if folks have the dough upfront. In fact by year end I'll be grabbing some more LED for sure.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Haha, I already ignored their website when I ordered my light. If it hadn't been for months of research (and tags420's stellar grow logs using the Apache), I would've taken one look at their site and said,"Uhhhhh, yeah, I don't think so...." haha!

Minitiger

Minitiger

It is just a standard power cord. You can order longer ones from anywhere. AT only has 8ft max.

My concern with using a power cord from somewhere other than, like, an "Apache-approved" power cord is possible issues re: repair, warranties etc (even though Apache doesn't have much of a warranty and, hopefully, shouldn't need repairing any time soon. Or ever). Just wanna cover all my bases. and it would break my heart if I fucked up my light because I used a cord from a different manufacturer that wasn't, for whatever reason, compatible with my Apache.

seaslug

seaslug

It looks like Apache uses an IEC (computer) type power connection. If you go very far at 120V, I'd recommend using 16ga or 14ga instead of 18 gauge wire. The Sunlight Supply Smart Volt Power Cords are 16ga; I use the 240V versions on 325W luminaires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom