Looking For A Canna Butter Method That Works

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I used to make firecrackers with fine ground herb. But i always ran out and they are rough on the gut. It is hard to digest.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Shit i have never put good smoke in butter... Which would definitely make it more ass kickin
You betcha!!
I always thought it was sacrilegious, but so was only smoking half a bowl..
Now that there is weed all over the place here..WTF..Life is too short..and legal possession limits too LOW..LMAO!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You betcha!!
I always thought it was sacrilegious, but so was only smoking half a bowl..
Now that there is weed all over the place here..WTF..Life is too short..and legal possession limits too LOW..LMAO!
Possession and plant counts are to keep the little guys down hahaha

gwheels

gwheels

I am actually low on smokeables because i put 2 oz of good buds and 1 oz of popcorn in the last 2 cups of oil i made. And I got 2 cups back. The buds vanished into a fine grind that strained out well. But I have about 3/4 of an oz of smoke and 5 weeks of flower to go :D time to roll pinners i guess :D

I used up a lot of seedy hermy white widow in the last batch. That was pretty high test smoke too but fishing out seeds was a pain in the ass. In the vape they were tasteless. but in a doob wow that is awful.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I am actually low on smokeables because i put 2 oz of good buds and 1 oz of popcorn in the last 2 cups of oil i made. And I got 2 cups back. The buds vanished into a fine grind that strained out well. But I have about 3/4 of an oz of smoke and 5 weeks of flower to go :D time to roll pinners i guess :D

I used up a lot of seedy hermy white widow in the last batch. That was pretty high test smoke too but fishing out seeds was a pain in the ass. In the vape they were tasteless. but in a doob wow that is awful.
Man..gotta tell you..if I was down to my last few ounces of bud..I would not use most of it for anything but smoke..I still like flower better than hash, edibles (welll...LOL), Rosin etc.
I ONLY take the primo buds for butter since I have a bunch of different strains accumulated to smoke..
Now trying a lil pollen chucking..fun stuff again..

MissBotany

MissBotany

Why? I dont know. It's not the decarbing. Everything I did was perfect. So yea. I'm totally lost. Should have worked. 4 oz.. That's alot. Should be feeling something. Many say they dont even decarb.. I dont know. Ima go cry somewhere. Not because I lost 4 oz. But because I'm either 2 stupid or my body just says fuck you...

Can you let someone else try what you made? Then at least you will know if your edibles were made correctly or not.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I will.. I'm about to take a TBSP worth. If that doesnt do shit, I'll be offering. Will post update.
Just to add..after your posts, I swallowed a single mini cube (usual dose was 3-4 cubes) of my "new stronger" butter, just to make sure I did not mess up..(Not worried about lost bud, but I want my butter for sleep purposes)..Needless to say..It blew my socks off, and then I slept..LOL...

Probably a combination of the longer time infusing + the different de-carbing times/temps..Will narrow it down next batch in 2 wks or so.

Hope the OP gets his answer soon.

P

PassTheJ

BOTTOMS UP!!
20180509 105735
20180509 105719
20180509 112525
20180509 132503
20180509 122347
20180509 133715
20180510 081052
20180510 081107
20180510 081345
20180510 081630
20180510 081651

MissBotany

MissBotany

I will.. I'm about to take a TBSP worth. If that doesnt do shit, I'll be offering. Will post update.
I read somewhere that letting it dissolve in your mouth (maybe chewing longer?) might help. Something to do with how your gut digests the edible.

P

PassTheJ

I read somewhere that letting it dissolve in your mouth (maybe chewing longer?) might help. Something to do with how your gut digests the edible.

All the research says its because I'm fat and inactive. My metabolism is very slow and that means my digestive system spits out more then it absorbs. Thc is hard enough for your gut to break, if you're fat and lazy, it just passes right into you large intestine like corn..

Theres a very good chance this is the reason. So far it's been 50 minutes. Nothing yet.

MissBotany

MissBotany

I have a funny story for you to pass the time.. my friends mom works for a small business and she was working at her bosses house one day. Boss has to run out for a few errands. Friends mom was hungry and searched the house for food. Found chocolate chip cookies in the freezer and ate a whole cookie. When boss got home he could tell something was off. Friend’s mom said she felt funny and boss asked her what she ate. She admitted to eating the cookie and the boss freaked out because I guess that cookie had enough thc to get 4 people really high. He ended up having to drive her home. Luckily friend’s mom is a cool lady and didn’t make a big deal out of but it’s still a running joke.

P

PassTheJ

It's all good though. I brighten my day up by looking at my babies. They've never looked so happy and healthy.

Fluence 4 the win..

20180510 093200

20180510 093208
P

PassTheJ

I have a funny story for you to pass the time.. my friends mom works for a small business and she was working at her bosses house one day. Boss has to run out for a few errands. Friends mom was hungry and searched the house for food. Found chocolate chip cookies in the freezer and ate a whole cookie. When boss got home he could tell something was off. Friend’s mom said she felt funny and boss asked her what she ate. She admitted to eating the cookie and the boss freaked out because I guess that cookie had enough thc to get 4 people really high. He ended up having to drive her home. Luckily friend’s mom is a cool lady and didn’t make a big deal out of but it’s still a running joke.

That's a cool mom. My mom would have blackmailed him.. Lol

P

PassTheJ

Yea. 1 hour 20 minutes.. Nothing. It's over. Lol. Ok guys. I'm done with edibles tinctures and anything else not inhaled.. thanks for all the help. Wish it would have had better results.

I'll be buying a rosin kit instead. I have like a pound that I want to extract.

gwheels

gwheels

True story. I went away for the weekemd and saturday we went on a 20 voneyard wine tasting tour. I brought 12 brownies each made with 1 tableapoon of coconut oil made with 1 0z.white rhino buds per.cup of oil per.batch of brownies. Cooked 10 hours at 160 celcius in a mgbm2 and baked in no name brownie mix 45 minites at 325.

I ate one before we left the tour and left them at starr point. We had a DD bo.

It came on hard and peaked at 2 hours. Git real cozy and trucked along as a gentle hum for 4 more. And i had 20 apps amd 50 wine samples it was great. My friends had more i paced myself.

After the tour was over we end up at home. So i eat a brownie and i sa8d eat half at most. They are strong. My frienf had a script and can smoke. Lot. He tooka bite and said it is the best tasting cannabis brownir i ever ate and ate the whole thing. Mynother friend gave hia girlfriend 1/4 of one and ate the rest

2.hours later we ate aupper at home. I was comfortably stoned. Then they all started laughing. They laughed for.over half an hour. Me too. It was funny. Then 1 fell asleep at the table. One couldnt feelntheir hands and feet Nd one eas in gales of laughter.

I said you are all.ok. you are just really fucking high. The brownies are stronger than i thought. I am a poor baramoter for strength.

They all.wen to bed at 9 and woke up at 10. I ate another brownie and had a hott tub some wine with with the no brownie.eaters.

This morning one guy kept sayjng wow wow wow. and the other said how the fuck did you eat that before the wine tour.

Amd i said so the doobs you roll. That brownie is about 3 of those doobs.

And eat 1/4 of a brownir until you figurr out dosage.

Brownies of legend.

C

Cannasseur04

Edibles are easy and utilizing butter or olive oil are some of the scientifically proven most effective ways to medicate with cannabis. Olive oil and ethanol have actually produced data to suggest they are the best full spectrum extraction method overall. Also, using butter drastically increases the processing of THC by your liver into 11-hydroxy THC a metabolite believed to be many times more potent then delta 9. Furthermore, the effects are spread out over time decreasing the need to dose again. The science is simple. 30 minutes at 225 degrees to complete decarboxylation. Any more or less is less potent, either leaving a higher percentage of THC-A or breaking down the THC and increasing CBG and making a weaker more sedative edibles(just makes you sleep, not a stone comparable to the cannabis used. Think about it you removed the larger amount of terpenes and characteristics of it though over cooking and heating it). 30 minutes 225 degrees in your butter, oil, etc(I found butter is the easiest to strain, but data suggests olive oil is great and I use what's necessary for my recipe butter for caramels and olive oil for cakes an high end dinner plates). To be frank a high grade commercial oven works well. To deceb simply grind, place on a cookie sheet and set. For the infusion I often use mason jars and mix the ground bud and butter add sunflower lecithin and place in the oven with the lid on to insure the maximum amount of terpenes are preserved. I do not use the lid during decarboxylation as dying is part of the chemical process and the moisture would collect on top, however you can do this and at two to three intervals remove the lid and try to save the moisture as it is terpene rich and can be introduced into your recipe later when water is called for. I have done this with high end cannabis and from anecdotal evidence affirm it increases the quality of the effects. I made blueberry Kush blueberry muffins and the flavor profile blended in such a unique way every single person mentioned they never had an edible like it before between the flavor and the effect so similar to the flower they knew and loved. After 30 minutes at 225 degrees you remove from the oven use a cheese clothe preferably when it's still as hot as you can safely handle as it will strain more efficiently.

In the oven(higher end ovens maintain a more consistent temperature, too hot and you will have no terpenes as they are less stable)

30 minutes 225 degrees to decarboxylation
30 minutes 225 degrees butter flower/shake/trim etc and sunflower lecithin to help the THC evenly distribute
Strain with a cheesecloth and there you have it simple and scientifically the most effective and efficient. I challenge anyone to this, literally mine verses yours. Take the total time cost and effort and compare. If you want to take yours to the lab besides mine I'll wager my butter to yours mine wins. I've been doing this since I was 13, had products in dispensaries with my recipe, and never met anyone who had anything more then talk after it was put to the test. Math and science are my strongest suits and I suggest you do your research because that's the basis for every action.

I have butter made from trim right now with over 9,000 mg of THC in one cup. I used 120 grams of decarbed trim to just over one cup of butter. I was left with one cup of butter testing at 194.83 mg of THC per teaspoon (a loss must be taken into account at each step, from decarb to infusion to straining a little loss is inevitable)

As far as the maximum amount of weed to butter, you want the flower saturated so stir more often if you pushed the limits with the cannabis content. Also, consider double infusion with lower quality cannabis to maximize potency if necessary. Lower quality leaves a stronger plant tastes and imparts more chlorophyll etc. I don't have the exact numbers on the threshold of THC to tablespoons, but I would assume the fat content plays an important role. Also, consider when someone says 1,000 mg of THC they literally are saying there is one whole single gram of pure activated THC in said butter or oil. So I would consider the weight of the butter and the weight of total activated THC you hope to infuse. I'm sure there is a correlation as you could not physically have 1 gram of butter be both a full gram of butter and a full gram of THC at the same time. I honestly don't think it's a relevant issue as the amount of cannabis you can keep saturated will not contain an amount higher then what can be infused and extracted. I've done double runs on a single batch of butter and the math continued to work as expected, however the second run you must account for a greater loss from straining then the first because your losing some from both batches on the second strain. So it's less efficient if your trim is not potent and you have to double infuse but it can help. I don't know about you but I care about my health. I can always cut it with regular butter to decrease the dose so I want it as potent as efficiently possible. Some people have health issues, diabetes, obesity, etc. So less fat/sugar etc. Consumed to get the job done the butter. Caramels are a great bite size candy edible that is fat based. Meaning unlike the dispensary gummies you are producing noticeable levels of 11-hydroxy THC(this is why fat based candies hit harder and last longer). Also, you can fill vegetable capsules with heart healthy infused organic olive oil. The oil digests quicker if it hasn't been cooked into something like a cake, but don't be surprised if a belch reveals a distinct taste 30 minutes later lol)

C

Cannasseur04

That nice GT21. I dont know what to do. I've tried following YouTube instructions and nothing. I got enough weed to do anything but I wont waste it if it doesn't work. I'm just trying to get a recipe for guaranteed results. Something I can't seem to achieve.
I got you man. 225 degrees for 30 minutes to decarboxylate your flower. On a cookie sheet in the oven works fine. Then 225 degrees for 30 minutes saturated in butter(add a small amount of lecithin to help the THC evenly distribute through the butter) and strain with a cheesecloth while still hot. Consider dosing (if you know the potency of your flower you can calculate the dose. 15% THC rated flower has approximately 150 mg THC per gram available but loss from decarboxylation must be accounted for etc. If you Google edible dose calculator some people have given you an easy calculator that does that math for the uninitiated) this is literally the scientifically proven method. Any longer time is actually counter productive.

30 minutes 225 degrees for decarboxylation

30 minutes 225 degrees in butter
Add lecithin

Strain with a cheesecloth and you have cannabutter with activated THC. I recommend using alot of trim/shake or high potency flower and making the butter as potent as possible. You can always dilute it later easily, but it's not so easy to make a weak edible stronger after you realize you'd have to eat a whole meal to catch a buzz. Lol, just start small when trying your product because it works the opposite. You can always eat another bite in an hour, you can't undo eating that extra bite an hour ago.

I've literally broken a piece of butter off swallowed it whole and got baked.

Caramels are a great butter based recipe I love making with super potent butter. I make a batch of 80 caramels with 1 cup of butter usually equalling 125 MG THC per serving. All done with about 100 grams of trim. It's that inexpensive to make an edible that will blow any dispensary out of the water as far as cost to effectiveness.

Top Bottom