Looking For A Canna Butter Method That Works

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I use a Magical butter machine. I decarbed it once and it worked good. I did it without a decarb and it worked good. The machine keeps the temp right. Click a button for temp and a button for time and in 2 to 8 hours you have good coconut oil. And coconut oil works better because of the higher saturated fat content. I have done it with trim and popcorn every time and once in a while with solid buds. It always worked for me.

and soy lethicen granules (1 teaspoon per batch) really makes it work better and come on faster. :)

Skurt

Skurt

I use a Magical butter machine. I decarbed it once and it worked good. I did it without a decarb and it worked good. The machine keeps the temp right. Click a button for temp and a button for time and in 2 to 8 hours you have good coconut oil. And coconut oil works better because of the higher saturated fat content. I have done it with trim and popcorn every time and once in a while with solid buds. It always worked for me.

and soy lethicen granules (1 teaspoon per batch) really makes it work better and come on faster. :)

What does the soy granules do?
Like a faster, harder hit?

gwheels

gwheels

Since lecithin allows the fats and water molecules to interact with each other a little better, your body is more able to digest them. When making edibles with cannabis-infused oils and butter, adding in a little lecithin can help your body more easily access the THC and other cannabinoids.
I grabbed it from a cannabis cooking webpage.

gwheels

gwheels

I had some coconut oil in a coffee Saturday afternoon and forgot about it. It came on like a freight train after supper and I might have made it until 10PM but wow did i sleep well. I like edibles because they are longer lasting and the effect is very different but I find it very pleasant. The last butter i made with white rhino so it is more sedating. The batch before was white widow and sour kush and that was not so sleepy. I love coconut canna oil.

P

PassTheJ

I think in the butter machine it decarbs it for sure. I run mine 8 hours at 160 C

My friend has one. Tried it, didnt feel shit. Did some research, everyone says you have to decarb first. Others say you dont. I've tried many way and still haven't had a single positive result.

gwheels

gwheels

That is weird. I put 3 oz in 3 cups last batch and it was pretty damned strong. I made 24 cookies out of 1 cup and i would eat 2 of them but most of the people that tried them stopped at 1/2

DGP

DGP

Your gonna need more than a FEW grams dude.
Normal dose is 10 mg per. So for a dozen cookies you need 120 mg thc. You need to know how potent your flower or trim is or make a good guess then calculate dosage of canna to butter.

gwheels

gwheels

Normal dose is 10 mg per. So for a dozen cookies you need 120 mg thc. You need to know how potent your flower or trim is or make a good guess then calculate dosage of canna to butter.
That is the problem. A few grams isnt going to cut it. I find 1 oz per 2 cups of oil (1 oz per pound) is the min to get a decent effect. 1 oz per cup is getting it to hum along pretty good. On my next bumper crop i will go to 1 1/2 oz per cup to see if it is stronger. Stronger is better. You need less for the effect.

P

PassTheJ

Well I'm going to try one more time. I'll pick up my friends magicbutter machine 2 night and I'll decarb 6oz of popcorn bud 2mr. Then set the machine on maximum which is like 8 hours or 12.

I hope it works.. Theres a minimum requirement of 2 cups of liquid. But it also says no water needed. So 2 cups of liquid I assume would be clarified butter. Idk

Dan789

Dan789

6oz will work... Crush it up good. Go to MY FUN WITH BUTTER thread.. It has a little info on decarb stuff and other stuff.
Man GT those cookies look good, like the leaf, nice touch.

Dan789

Dan789

Here’s my $.02, last time I made caps, used 20 oz. of coconut oil, two ounces of de’carded bud, two, four hour stints in the magic butter maker. Strained the results through the the magic butter maker included screen and then through a coffee filter. Then into capsules via one of those big 250ml syringes from the grow shops, size 0, wife takes one after dinner then one when she goes to bed, sleeps through the night.
Me, I take 1/2 of one of those caps and 1-1 1/2 hour later I’m laughing my ass off watching whatever on the tube. When I didn’t realize what de’carbing was doing I could smell pot whenever I “took a leak”, not anymore though after de'carbing.

P

PassTheJ

I decided to decarb 6oz and use 1 liter of everclear. With an 8 hour spin in the MB machine, I hope I get good results..

gwheels

gwheels

Well I'm going to try one more time. I'll pick up my friends magicbutter machine 2 night and I'll decarb 6oz of popcorn bud 2mr. Then set the machine on maximum which is like 8 hours or 12.

I hope it works.. Theres a minimum requirement of 2 cups of liquid. But it also says no water needed. So 2 cups of liquid I assume would be clarified butter. Idk

2 cups of clarified butter or coconut oil or veg oil or glycerine etc. The machine needs 2 cups for the whizzer thing and the sensor to be in the liquid. Everclear should work too they mention it in the instructions.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Jesus.... I took some of my coconut oil last night. I slept 9 hours. Unheard of for me. Had acupuncture yesterday don' know if that influenced it. MBM2... for the wiiinnnn.

P

PassTheJ

Changed my plans. Everclear is hard to get around here. So instead I'll be doing 2 cups of coco oil and 4 oz of master kush popcorn. 4 oz is enough?

Will be decarb @ 220 for 50 minutes I guess.

Some say 200 @75, 250 @ 25, 240 @ 30... lol. I decided 220 @ 50 because I'll also add like 10g of kief and it seems like a good middle area.

Just need to go buy the lich real quick..

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Changed my plans. Everclear is hard to get around here. So instead I'll be doing 2 cups of coco oil and 4 oz of master kush popcorn. 4 oz is enough?

Will be decarb @ 220 for 50 minutes I guess.

Some say 200 @75, 250 @ 25, 240 @ 30... lol. I decided 220 @ 50 because I'll also add like 10g of kief and it seems like a good middle area.

Just need to go buy the lich real quick..
What are you doing with the booze?

Top Bottom