Looking for a good dank commercial strain

• Thread starter northtroyboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

THC - I always wanted to try the chronic - used to get it to smoke a few years ago and it always did the job nicely....but a few people have said what you have - the chronic is crap - why did serious screw up a good thing? Have got some Lemon Skunk in the fridge to pop later in the year....atm I'm on the search for "the off switch"....something that takes no prisoners and hits crazy hard (think LA x 1000 :))

Flying - I always shiver at the sound of big bud or powerplant, but one of my mates has just grown a single femmed pp and swears it's a shitload better than import pp (prolly because it got proper love and went full term). I told him he's talking shite but he's fairly adamant about it....so am gonna smoke it on Tuesday and will let you know.

Reactions: CGR
F

FastForward

Hey THC...nope...will put it down on the list of things to smoke (which is a big list now!!) :)

I checked out my mates powerplant last night.....in a nutshell: fuck that!! I didn't even smoke it....it looked and smelled like powerplant, which confirmed what I thought - you can't shine a shit :) (shit genetics is shit genetics...no amount of love or skill will change it!!)

B

British_Hempire

Big Bud yields a lot of leaf, lol, it's a leafy plant and smokes like a poor example of skunk, not good.

Chronic yields immense, again a bit leafy in most phenos, effect and taste are boring, the pre-1999 one had a bit more taste and a bit less uniformity.

AK47 yields almost as big but again is boring in taste and high, the pre-99 one had more taste and more variation, it used to be really spicy and nice.

Bubblegm yield immense too, similar to Chronic but is also a bit bland and boring, has a vague sweet taste that is sorta like bubblegum.

Power Plant is generic stony stuff, one pheno has insane resin and gets sold as Widow in the dam, other pheno has nice smell, gets sold as all sorts of things, anyone who has done more than 3 grows wouldn't want to grow this.

Nirvana's NL x BB is actually pretty good, yields huge, smells good, nice smoke.

Back in the 90s when I was into commercial cropping people mostly grew NL cos it was potent and yielded huge or Hashplant cos it yielded almost as much but was low odour, good for the paranoid growers! Apart from that it was all skunk hybrids, Skunk x Hindu Kush, Skunk x Afghan (lots of different ones) I grew a skunk x Durban for 5-6 years that yielded huge but took 11 weeks, best commercial cut I found from seeds was an AK47 x Hawaiian Delight that would put any lightweight in a coma and flattened a few heavyweights too, super spicy, stank when growing, stank worse dry lol. I used to always get 2oz per DWC bucket with her even with very lazy low-attention growing style.

I did White Rhino a couple of times, good sog strain, likes to grow as one big white cola, not very tasty though, generic stony effect, very potent but boring, I still have half the pack in my stash.

Been nearly 4 years since I did a commercial crop, so not sure what's popular these days, Cheese probably, bah humbug bollocks....

I'm, surprised the CG x Cheese gets described as a knockout stone. I tried both the phenos Pistils grew last year and they were both very nice, the CG pheno was one of the nicest smokes I tried last year in fact, looked and tasted like the Colombian (I ran the same one for years, it's a fave of mine) but with much chunkier buds. I didn't find it a knockout at all, the CG one had a similar high to CG, dreamy, floaty and mellow, not at all sedative or stony. Skunk pheno was good too but nowhere near as distinct in taste and character.

Some of Sonic's strains have big yield potential and all the ones I've tried have been very tasty, I think any of his Pineapple and Pursang hybrids should have commercial potential, seen some huge colas from them.

M

MBP

That is some good info never really liked cheese though the taste is good but the high is a bit boring after the first few times

D

Down South Sage

I bought the cheese thinking with the afghan and kush cross that it would be a huge outdoor yeilder but i ran some on my room in 3 gallon pots and it was the squatyiest plant i had always lagging behind all the rest and definately gonna be the smallest yeilder.HOWEVER,haveing said that,i gave it time and didnt snatch it for being so ugly and runty looking and it is the stinkingest most tarred,sugared up,smelliest plant in the room.I dont think i will get much more than 3 O's but im gonna give it another shot outside this spring.

CannaSeur

CannaSeur

I'm new to this and I've been looming around these boards for quite awhile and have been really overwhelmed by the wealth of info on this site. I've been reading the posts by the moderators on this board and realize you guys pretty much know everything about these strains so I'd really appreciate it if you'd take the time to answer some of my questions.
I want to set up a small commercial grow with two 600 watt lights on a 7'x3.5' scrog. I'd like to yield two pounds every 2 months. I also will be keeping a 4'x2' veg room with a 4 bulb 4' T5 for mothers and cloning.
I really want the absolute dankest stuff I can find in seed form something that will blow everyones doors off. I been looking into the stuff from the cali connect. The SFV and Tahoe look incredible but I'm not sure they'll yield enough for my needs and may be hard for me to clone.
So before I go insane questioning myself over and over I was wondering if you guys could suggest anything to fit my needs. Thanks an advance guys.

You should take a look at Grape Krush by DJ Short. the yield is apparently 2 pounds per 1000watt bulb, or seedsmans hash passion which has wicked yields at 45-50 days. Critical mass by Mr.Nice.

But if your looking for strains here at the farm then I would suggest gourdbuster by motarebel.

T

tex196908

Has anyone heard of Critical Hash? I was looking through my stash and came across a pack of endless sky x Critical Hash.

D

d-storecowboy

I have worked with alot of strains that could yield that. First, Violator Kush from Barney's Farm. They are very potent, finish in around 60 days, and yield very very heavy. Look for the thinner leaf Malana Hashplant pheno, it is rediculously potent.
If you wanted to go to 70 days, I'd go with Mental Floss from Chimera, or SSH which is a very heavy yielding strain but it takes 70-75 days. Those two are some of the best smoke you can find, so you get quality and quantity.

hubcap

hubcap

i might get heat...
if your going indoors..
and can avoid the dreader naner...

Chemdog dd yields big and its def top shelf.
might find a hash plant that hangs with it potency wise..
but itll trounce big bud, bubblegum, ak, chronic, etc, in the potency/bag appeal dept. imo, of course.

if u put a satchel of ak next to a satchel of DD....
...give your guy the pick.....
and 10 times outta 10 the DD will go first. trust me.

and it can yield, too. just needs a soild veg and good tending....like anything else.

just my two bit tho...

but..
like i said....

was it safe to assume your indoors?
and
is finishing time important?
(some mersh growers dont care how long...just how heavy)

J

John Ditchweed

bubblegum is deffantly a big yeilder and is very easy to grow she can take a beaten........... it gets old very quick though for personal use high people call it crack weed here cause it gets you nice and stoned to the high just drops off after 15 mintues.......... as for lighting two 600 wats can get you 2lbs per grow over a 3 x 3 ebb table with ease........... I would stay away from the kushes.............. but then agian you have a veg room so if you veg for a month and a half or so and do some training you should be able to make almost anything yeild

Latest posts

Top Bottom