Looking for advice before flip

• Thread starter Shrekk419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Sold my soul for the scorpion diablo....not really gotta steal !!
Here's some pics of my current set up
Hlg scorpion diablo
Ac infinity 5x5 and self watering bases
Carbon filter and can fan , filter is inside making neg pressure.
I have the light at 100% 18-20 from green
2 6" hurricanes above the light keeping driver cool, one 12 in oscillating fan on the floor and a Vornado tower in the corner

OK question I'm getting ready to flip do I have enough room to flip now no more topping? I don't want to run out of room but also am trying to beat the hot weather in the future so time is of the essence. Any other input would be greatly appreciated good or bad. Thanks family

Looking for advice before flip
Looking for advice before flip 2
Looking for advice before flip 3
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Most plants will double, if not triple in height the first 3 weeks of flower.

Supercropping might be your only option at this point unless you want to chop your tops

Dlsly

Dlsly

Time to bust out some ropes lol. Ten gallons is a lot for the head space. I’ve always been told about 12” of plant per gallon but all strains are different.

Dlsly

Dlsly

Might be able to pull the tops toward the sides straight down the middle like parting hair. Pulling slack as they stretch. They’re probably pretty woody so little at a time I think.

2Bad

2Bad

Whatever you choose to do..to minimize stretch more don't prune until day 20 of flower. (unless you chop the plants in half)

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

That's about where I flipped mine. It will be close. If you defoliate and cut lower sites off the stretch will be worse. Get a stretchy scrog net. You're going to have to use some sort of training. Nets are a pain in the ass but they do the job. I swear if thats 23.5 inches from canopy to light, that's exactly where I flipped. I have 3-4 inches left after 7 weeks.

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

I forgot, the 2 bigger ones I took cuttings of back in like Sept or November , I was working alot and they got forgot about sorta lol. I mean I was going to keep them as mothers but decided to cut clones from them and future lady's instead . They were in flower already and I cut the smalls from the bottom and these are 2 of those I guess they were monster cropped if you will. They tool forever to root and very slow to grow at first but now they are almost unmanageable, they have been topped a few times to.keep then in order but the last time was a month or more ago hence the skyscrapers.
5 gal bags ffof soil with dr earth all purpose and just recently a mixture of both all purpose and flower girl to get for flower , ful-power foliar and soil drench, recharge weekly dynomyco and just recently started with yucca every top watering , and I have build a soil 12 seed mix cover crop getting going as a living mulch so to say

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

That's about where I flipped mine. It will be close. If you defoliate and cut lower sites off the stretch will be worse. Get a stretchy scrog net. You're going to have to use some sort of training. Nets are a pain in the ass but they do the job. I swear if thats 23.5 inches from canopy to light, that's exactly where I flipped. I have 3-4 inches left after 7 weeks.
It's about 20 inches from canopy but I have another 5-6 inches of room to raise the light , so it's around there give or take some

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Whatever you choose to do..to minimize stretch more don't prune until day 20 of flower. (unless you chop the plants in half)
Don't prune as in branches right? Can I still defoliate because I can't even see what im doing when I get in it lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ran out of lst clips , started just bending em over gently . More clips in the mail. Looks like I will have around 20-22 inches left from light but can raise the light another 7.5 in
So from canopy 27.5 - 29 until
You don't have to be too gentle with them in veg I just squeeze and bend them over where I want.......They are pointing upwards the next day
img_4578-jpg.1337596

Saint1

Saint1

Looking good. How do you like those self watering pot bases? Do you only feed thru them? What's your process if you don't mind? I have a set of them but not sure if they worked or not... will try them again on the next run. Thanks.

Top Bottom