Looking For Advice On My Start (rdwc &a Led)

• Thread starter Stonerbeast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
visajoe1

visajoe1

Hey fellas, thx for the replies.
Soo I've been looking into that big kahuna hood, the ones that I found seemed pretty big and would need to be assembled with a ballast and lamps. I feel like the tent would be pressed for space with that giant hood with a vent w/ carbon filter. I also so other ppl saying they need more than that to get their lamp setups complete. I concider myself somewhat handy but I'd like to keep the handy work to a minimum.

I did find that same CLE fixture on that website for about 10$ cheaper than Amazon, and comes with a 4200 lamp, and I'll only need to buy the 3100 lamp for flowering. And this sun system brand seems pretty legit with other growers.

http://growershouse.com/sun-system-lec-315w-light-ceramic-mh-cmh-fixture-120v-4200k

Something I just realized is, if my grow tent is only going to be around 5'3, and that LEC lights needs to be around 18'-20' away from the canopy, won't I run out of room if I'm growing sativas? Or can use plant training (manipulate the stems) to make my plants grow sideways? Or should I just look for a 3 x 3 x and About 6 foot high?

As for RDWC kits I couldn't find any. I did find a nice little 4 plant RDWC on Home Depot
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Viagrow-Recirculating-Deep-Water-Culture-DWC-4-Bucket-Hydroponic-System-Kit-VRDWC-4/206290085?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|google|&mid=s6gngrR0a|dm_mtid_8903jx325196_pcrid_107016511168_pkw__pmt__product_206290085_slid_&gclid=CjwKEAjw5M3GBRCTvpK4osqj4X4SJAABRJNCKieX36Q336niutxsy-JdDoehRhTVwzj5N7pIotmFchoCIW_w_wcB

Some ppl
Did say that it was missing parts thought.

I think until I become more experienced I'm going to make a 2 plant DWC system using 10 gal Walmart storage containers. That way I can easily change the water. Also if I'm growing 4 plants I'll
Only need to do 2 water changes instead of 4.

go for it. fyi on running more than one plant in same tub
-different strains respond differently to nute levels. if sharing same nute solution, its best to run one strain
-roots will become entangled. if a plant needs to be pulled, this can become a problem

Red61987

Red61987

20170325 020410
Screenshot 20170325 105515
20170323 212210
jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

great idea on going the DIY route on your dwc. i love mine and saved alot of money making it myself. plus you can build it to your needs. i used 3 buckets in a 4x4 tent and have a 18 gallon res outside the tent to help keep temps down. i seen that you were thinking about going with the smaller tent but if its only a few bucks difference in price i say you go for the bigger one. i thought the 4x4 was going to be too big when i ordered it but latley have been thinking i could use a bigger one lol. i hear gret things about those 315 lights too, think thats gonna be my next light choice.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

I have one of those Viparspectra 600's for veg and I might get a couple more to augment my flowering. That model suggests MAX coverage as 4 x 4 but more realistically 2 x 2 or 3 x 3 maybe.
IMG 1228

I have an Under Current 6 XL system and it really IS the shit. They make all manner of configurations from 1 plant to hundreds. They are expensive, but they are very high quality heavy ABS plastic and are not likely to leak. When you have a system holding 60 gallons of water inside your home, you want the confidence that in 6 months, it's not likely to crack or leak. I don't have that same confidence in my DIY system. It's MUCH cheaper material.I also have an 8 pot DIY RDWC that I built based on the UC's specs. I originally vegged 8 plants in individual buckets but it was way too much work.

Top Bottom