Looking for help on my first grow

• Thread starter Closetfarmer81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
in the clear picture of plant you see the “wrinkling/bloated” of some fan leaves? that from watering a little earlier than needed, and that is what those dried out areas are from..
looks like your watering practices have gotten better as new growth looks good..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
in a 3/4 gallon now in FF ocean fresh and will continue in the medium unless you can recommend something better.
oh ya transplant her when you can.. and yep that’s good to use..
can you post a picture of your nutrients, the front of each bottle..
have you watered yet? dint if you haven’t but don’t worry if you did..

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

5g or 7g either will work. Go bigger if you are going to veg longer.

Sorry I missed yesterday. Dealing with a harvest, a few clones, and a roof leak. Just bad timing.

You okay with the feeding schedule?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I just water Sunday with Grow big for the first time. @GNick55
ok so you could transplant tomorrow as it probably will need a watering but transplant first than i’ll tell you what to feed.
and how much water to use for the size of container your transplanting into.,

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

5g or 7g either will work. Go bigger if you are going to veg longer.

Sorry I missed yesterday. Dealing with a harvest, a few clones, and a roof leak. Just bad timing.

You okay with the feeding schedule?
Ideally I will switch to flower week 7? Currently in week 2 according the FF feeding schedule.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

ok so you could transplant tomorrow as it probably will need a watering but transplant first than i’ll tell you what to feed.
and how much water to use for the size of container your transplanting.
OK, probably won’t be able to transplant until Wednesday as I have to order soil from Amazon, as nowhere near me sells it.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

If it’s a photo you don’t have to flip. You can grow her out or heal however you want. Transplant will take about a week or two before roots really stretch out.

Until you flip you are in veg and can manipulate her as you want or need. It’s the safest time to do things. IMO just don’t do transplant, defoliate, LST, and stuff all at the same time. I tend to do two big things at the same time and no more until a few days of healing.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Why is everybody mentioning flipping to flower. I am only in week 2 of 6 my planned vegetative state. I don’t plant to flip until week 7.

I’ve been lazy, but I need to set up a scrog soon.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Ok a lot of questions in this one. I just started my second week in the FF nute feeding schedule and just have the first feeding with grow big. The I am only watering twice a weeks, both with nutes at a half a gallon each feeding. Shouldn’t I consider altering this?

Also, the schedule isn’t clear on which week to switch the flower? I know I have a ways to go, just wondering what week should I make the switch?

So my baby is getting pretty bush and I’m pruning as I go. My second node def isn’t gonna get much light and it’s kinda girthy. Should I cut em? And should I cut the node that has burn damage on it?
Hey man figured I’d chime in on this. I use 50/50 mix of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest and using the FF nutrient line up as well.

On the feeding schedule you will see at the top of the chart it says Light hours and the ones in the chart marked “12” will be your flower feeding. If you do an extended flower or veg repeat weeks 4 for veg and weeks 12 for flower.

I only feed once per week though it says 2…of course they would recommend using more 😜

I get through 2 waterings a week due to my constant air flow. First watering is my nutrient at half dosage recommended on their chart. Second watering is RO only with Calmag. I do not pH my water+calmag, but when doing my nutrient feeding I will make sure my pH is around 6.2-6.4.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Noticed a little wind burn in the pic with the crispy leaf edges… with low humidity wind burn happens much easier so i would avoid direct airflow on the plants for now.

Closetfarmer81

Closetfarmer81

Hey man figured I’d chime in on this. I use 50/50 mix of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest and using the FF nutrient line up as well.

On the feeding schedule you will see at the top of the chart it says Light hours and the ones in the chart marked “12” will be your flower feeding. If you do an extended flower or veg repeat weeks 4 for veg and weeks 12 for flower.

I only feed once per week though it says 2…of course they would recommend using more 😜

I get through 2 waterings a week due to my constant air flow. First watering is my nutrient at half dosage recommended on their chart. Second watering is RO only with Calmag. I do not pH my water+calmag, but when doing my nutrient feeding I will make sure my pH is around 6.2-6.4.
This was super helpful. Thanks man. I will switch to flower in week 5 now that I’m reading the schedule right and go from 24 hours of light to 12.

Will also cut back on nutrient feeding and add cal mag instead.

Stupid question…. What does RO stand for?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
This was super helpful. Thanks man. I will switch to flower in week 5 now that I’m reading the schedule right and go from 24 hours of light to 12.

Will also cut back on nutrient feeding and add cal mag instead.

Stupid question…. What does RO stand for?
RO is reverse osmosis water. It’s a process of removing chlorine, salt, and other sediment minerals. I have to use this water because I’m in Mexico and the water isn’t good quality. RO water is also stripped of the calcium and magnesium and is very important to add these back in when watering on any other schedules. RO water will also take the pH of the soil you put it in which doesn’t require you to balance it before hand…unless you add nutrients, that is when you pH balance from my understanding.

Please correct me if I’m wrong anyone I won’t be offended 😆

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

😝^^^^^^^^^

To slow on my phone. 😢

Could also stand for runoff depending on topic.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

RO is reverse osmosis water. It’s a process of removing chlorine, salt, and other sediment minerals. I have to use this water because I’m in Mexico and the water isn’t good quality. RO water is also stripped of the calcium and magnesium and is very important to add these back in when watering on any other schedules. RO water will also take the pH of the soil you put it in which doesn’t require you to balance it before hand…unless you add nutrients, that is when you pH balance from my understanding.

Please correct me if I’m wrong anyone I won’t be offended 😆
Thats bang on brother…

Top Bottom