Looking for new seeds

• Thread starter headoff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

Air pots are the shit!! just don't garden like a meth addict and take your time and they will repay you. You can grow trees ina 3gal air pot and coco . Try it out your not gonna believe what you see.
LoL at watering like a meth addict. Use large green saucers from hydrofarm and your fine.

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

If you're using chemical salts, then you've got to know both pH and EC. If you're growing using organic, soil food web methods, then you don't need either device. You feed the soil instead.

Since initial capital investment is an issue, I think you should consider going organic soil.

i gotta disagree with you on this one... soil biology, the foundation of organic agriculture, is most highly influenced by soil chemistry, the proper bacteria will never survive if the soil pH isn't right and the bacteria and fungi, mostly bacteria because fungi thrives in acidic soil, will thrive in their proper ratios (nitrobacteria:phosphobacter:ironbacter) etc) depending on the nutrient necessities of the plant if and only if the soil chemistry is balanced first.

no matter if you are growing organic or not a pH meter is essential and even with organic ferts you can still over salivate.

@Seamaiden i hope i didn't miss understand what you were saying haha

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Absolutely true! the soil must have certain basic elements and food available for microbes. However, most all the papers I've read state fairly unequivocally that when not interfered with, assuming well-mineralized soils, microbes *and* plants can play a huge role in determining/adjusting soil pH in the rhizosphere, which is where all the action we're after happens, yes?

Yes, with organic fertilizers you can over-fertilize, but if you focus on feeding the soil this will almost never happen. ;) Mostly, pay attention to Ca.

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

Absolutely true! the soil must have certain basic elements and food available for microbes. However, most all the papers I've read state fairly unequivocally that when not interfered with, assuming well-mineralized soils, microbes *and* plants can play a huge role in determining/adjusting soil pH in the rhizosphere, which is where all the action we're after happens, yes?

Yes, with organic fertilizers you can over-fertilize, but if you focus on feeding the soil this will almost never happen. ;) Mostly, pay attention to Ca.

yes yes yes and yes, not sure how many things you said but all of them were right

I have never read anything about plants balancing the pH of the soil their in unless it's a perennial, such as a pine tree, when it's needles drop and decompose they acidify the soil, which helps the plant uptake iron manganese boron copper and zinc, micro nutrients pine trees demand.... I would love to read some PR articles about how annual plants to do it....

Actually I was just thinking about crop rotation, is the reason why the plants have to be rotated because we don't let them so their natural thing.... In nature generations of annual plants live in the same place and they become symbiotic with the soil like you were saying adjusting pH and nutrients to it's liking, even mother plants "Sharing" mycrorhysol bacteria with their children to feed them. In a 6 month grow at the longest I can't see how it would have the time to adjust much....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
yes yes yes and yes, not sure how many things you said but all of them were right

I have never read anything about plants balancing the pH of the soil their in unless it's a perennial, such as a pine tree, when it's needles drop and decompose they acidify the soil, which helps the plant uptake iron manganese boron copper and zinc, micro nutrients pine trees demand.... I would love to read some PR articles about how annual plants to do it....

Actually I was just thinking about crop rotation, is the reason why the plants have to be rotated because we don't let them so their natural thing.... In nature generations of annual plants live in the same place and they become symbiotic with the soil like you were saying adjusting pH and nutrients to it's liking, even mother plants "Sharing" mycrorhysol bacteria with their children to feed them. In a 6 month grow at the longest I can't see how it would have the time to adjust much....
Rhizosphere, use Google Scholar, try a searching using a string like, say... "plant pH rhizosphere adjust." I'll post up a search and hits here, too.

Plants adjust pH in rhizosphere--Google Scholar.
^^ This is the link to the hits I got on GS. The following are some papers that I feel address the question best for you.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02277359#page-1

Root-induced changes in the rhizosphere: Importance for the mineral nutrition of plants.

https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/sssaj/abstracts/38/5/SS0380050795

I rotate crops for a few reasons;

1) various crops need varying levels of nutrients, EG corn requires a LOT of N, whereas bush beans do not, so I'll do a corn rotation after beans, or beans after corn so as to not over-tax the soil of N.
2) integrated pest management, and we can use the cabbage aphids that DECIMATED my Brassica crops three seasons ago as an excellent example here. Decimated. I should have gotten well over 100lbs of crops, I got maybe 30lbs. Maybe. Preventing further pest population explosions means *not* continually planting the same crops in the same space every season.
3) varying customer demands and needs, fairly self-explanatory, but nowhere nearly as pressing as 1 and 2.

Btw, I believe you may be misunderstanding some key concepts. For example, you refer to mycorrhizal bacteria, there are no myco (which means mushroom/fungus) rhizal bacteria, only fungi. Those are the critters that take a while to become established, weeks to months, and so your question reflects my own questions regarding the suitability of mycorrhizal applications on an annual plant. And then we get to corn. It's an annual with high N requirements as cannabis has, and it's been well demonstrated that corn growers will realize huge benefits from incorporating mycorrhizal fungi into their program. So my own take on it is that if corn realizes benefits, then so too must cannabis.​

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

I don't know what mycrorhizol bacteria is hahaha like you said that's an oxy moron, I think I had just smoked some blue dream before I typed that I definitely meant mycrorhizol fungi haha....

Also I believe that the fungi webs will only be beneficial long term if you incorporate a NO TILL style agriculture.... By tilling and disrupting soil structure all the work the fungi do becomes almost negate after tillingtilling

Danksgiving

Danksgiving

Haha I was gonna take a pictur of the nug but the buds are so little I can't even get a good pic, the worst part about living out east we only get the C buds haha

canadaseed

canadaseed

I ordered:
Sensi Seeds Northern Lights #5 x Haze
Next Generation Island Sweet Skunk
Serious Seeds Chronic
You are gonna be seriously pleased with Next Gen ISS. I've smoked it before it has the most divine floral skunk flavor. Good pickup!

Top Bottom