Looking for Solar panel Info for Grow Room.

• Thread starter El_Draxo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El_Draxo

El_Draxo

So I'm pretty much trying to run a setup of 500 watts and trying to figure out what size panel / battery I should go for.
Any info would be great, Thanks.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

just to make a long story short u would need around5000 dollars or more just for batteries

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

just for a 18 hour light cycle with a 600 watt light u would need to bring in 10,800 watts just for the light that does not include fan humidifier or anything else at all
depending on where u live u might get 5 hours of direct sunlight a day u would have to bring in at the minimum 10.800 watts in 5 hours

pdasterly

pdasterly

biggest panels are around 400watts/ea on alibaba, a tesla model s battery would be cool. windmills are another option

707finisher

707finisher

don’t think you need to store an entire 18 hour light cycle I think if the cycle was going during the day the daytime would generate the electricity for while it was running you just have to make sure you stored up enough for in the morning and evening, so 6-8hrs in winter less for summer, This is just my opinion of course, no matter what it’s gonna be a little dollar heavy to get up and going, My whole family has an engineering mindset and we talk about random stuff like this for fun sometimes

707finisher

707finisher

don’t think you need to store an entire 18 hour light cycle I think if the cycle was going during the day the daytime would generate the electricity for while it was running you just have to make sure you stored up enough for in the morning and evening, so 6-8hrs in winter less for summer, This is just my opinion of course, no matter what it’s gonna be a little dollar heavy to get up and going, My whole family has an engineering mindset and we talk about random stuff like this for fun sometimes

I’d start by calculating your total load lights fans dehum anything you’re going to have running check with all the power usage is and write it all down on a piece of paper

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

then all the power your using during the daytime will not be charging the battery

707finisher

707finisher

If you calculate your total load, then add 75% more panels than needed you should be fine no?

707finisher

707finisher

If you calculate your total load, then add 75% more panels than needed you should be fine no?
That’s 25% for during daytime usage then 50% goes to storage..... or something, I’ll ask my electrician buddy today, he will have the facts, I really want to know now lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

That’s 25% for during daytime usage then 50% goes to storage..... or something, I’ll ask my electrician buddy today, he will have the facts, I really want to know now lol
thats about right solar is not cheap at all but enough of it well keep u from having a monthly bill lol oh and unless you spend 50,000 or more forget heaters and air conditioners lol

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

thats about right solar is not cheap at all but enough of it well keep u from having a monthly bill lol oh and unless you spend 50,000 or more forget heaters and air conditioners lol
That 50k hes talkin about doesnt include installation...lmfao....gtfo!

707finisher

707finisher

spoHonestly for solar I wouldn’t try to do an indoor I would do a greenhouse like homesteader suggested and use LED lights for supplemental lighting in extending the daytime cycle. And two LED lights in 125 for a total of 250 watts I think would be adequate for a 2’ x 4’ grow tent, Based on my usage of them, and use dc fans like I got and it would be a Pretty small footprint, I gotta get back to work lol

Top Bottom