Looking For Some Input... Photos And Scrog Or Autos For Speed?

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I have a 2x4x8 closet with a 12 bulb t5 650w. And a 2x4x7 tent with a 600w hps. Currently I'm finishing an auto gsc in the flower tent and just started a auto og in the veg closet. I grow in 5gal dwc clay pebles and wool. I plan on adding another auto in a month and by that time I'll be harvesting the current plant in flower.
The question is would I be better to veg a photo in the veg closet while I'm scrogging in the flower tent. Or just keep rolling autos off? Any input is welcome.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

If i had 2 spaces i wouldnt be touching autos and time perpetual on my photos but thats my .02

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I would consider that perpetual yes but its not going to be as fast as some peoples perpetual rooms but you will always have things in flower this way, still allows you to grow nice sized photos as well

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Or rather flip them between the two rooms unless the plant will be small enough to pull through the opening of the closet/tent

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'm just trying to maximize the space and not trying to run a bunch of plants. I get good weight out of these autos. I plan to add a 3rd bucket if I go the auto route. I could add a 4th for photos, veg 2 and flower 2. That would shorten veg time right?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Problem with that would be veg time shorter than flower so your 2 in veg would just be started a little later. This is assuming from seed. From clone id probably run the closet as a propagation space and do a sog but that goes against your low plant count

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

You could honestly put a rack in the closet and run autos on the bottom, 2 or 3 plants, plant them 3 weeks apart if you want a harvest frequently or at the same time if you want one big one then on the top/smaller shelf you could veg out photos for the flower room with the hps in it truly maximizing your space.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

0004180497667 A

These are great, total control over height and you can mount t5s into the underside of the upper shelf.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

You could honestly put a rack in the closet and run autos on the bottom 2 or 3, plant them 3 weeks apart if you want a harvest frequently or at the same time if you want one big one then on the top/smaller shelf you could veg out photos for the flower room with the hps in it truly maximizing your space.
Yea the more we talk sounds like I should do both. Long as I don't veg too long and keep them medium sized I can just plug in what ever seed best fits the timing of the flower tent.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

View attachment 577301
These are great, total control over height and you can mount t5s into the underside of the upper shelf.
Man thanks for the input, definitely gave me more to the think about. Dont have to really comit to any certain route. I've got 5 auto seeds and 1 photo next. I think I'll start the photo when the gsc auto is done. I've only been growing the last 5 years and have mostly grown auto. Most of my dinafem auto grows in a 4x4 tent under a 600w hps would rival anybodies photo grow. I was averaging .7g per watt with these autos. They aren't lowrider based they are big plants. Some over 200g most in the 100-150g range. But I admit that the quality isn't quite as good as my photo grows.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Man thanks for the input, definitely gave me more to the think about. Dont have to really comit to any certain route. I've got 5 auto seeds and 1 photo next. I think I'll start the photo when the gsc auto is done. I've only been growing the last 5 years and have mostly grown auto. Most of my dinafem auto grows in a 4x4 tent under a 600w hps would rival anybodies photo grow. I was averaging .7g per watt with these autos. They aren't lowrider based they are big plants. Some over 200g most in the 100-150g range. But I admit that the quality isn't quite as good as my photo grows.
No problem, always good to chat out your ideas, ive heard great things about dinafems autos, ill be running some this summer outdoors, do you have any particulars you like?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Really any critical cross, crit jack, crit 2.0, blue cheese, the xxl strains are the shit. Haze, amnesia, and Moby. I liked them all and none were small. There's a few that I haven't grown. And I just started an og auto. Honestly I haven't grown a dina that I was disappointed in, photo or auto.

Top Bottom