• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reid77

Reid77

Only been a little over a week with new light and plants are loving it 😀😀
20190803 122549

Dan789

Dan789

The heat topic depends on your climate. If heat's a concern, you should have gotten a remote-mount ballast. (LEC 315 RA reflector & Hardcore ballast #902659). There are also some CMH reflectors with sealed glass bottoms and you extract your tent air through the reflector. I don't think that would be worth the light loss of the glass. I'm in a hot climate and it doesn't seem like there's that much heat that way. But, it's a nice option (they didn't make those hoods 4-5 years ago. Ballasts couldn't be removed either.).

Two feet's a good distance to cover 3x3. You can be closer in flower, but be mindful of the footprint if you're trying to cover 4x4.

More light (sidelighting) in late flower makes a difference. Even if you don't make those tent-leg mount, you might want to get some clamp-on reflectors at Home Depot. You have to treat the metal reflector carefully. It's very thin metal and won't last long if you leave it laying around. Stack them together and put them inside a bucket or something. Get some 15-16w GE Brightstiks (warm white). Carefully cut the diffusion globe off (around the base). You have to be careful not to let the hacksaw blade go too deep. The LEDs are surface mounted right there. Power them with a CFCI outlet. (You can buy a junction box, like you have in the wall). Cut the end off a 3-prong extension cord, attach the box to the end of it (clamping the box onto the wire). Attach the wires to the CFCI outlet. Put a wall-plate cover over it.

I don't think you even need to use the reflector with those Brightsticks (but, the reflector protects the exposed LED surface from accidental contact. Those little square diodes are super hot. I've accidentally touched them to leaves and "branded" the leave with small brown squares.). The 9-10w (60w equiv) benefits from the reflector. It just depends how much you want to distribute the light, how many sockets you want to use. If you just put one of anything on each corner leg in mid to late flower, it will make a difference.
How about growing off season...

az2000

az2000

Only been a little over a week with new light and plants are loving it 😀😀

Looks great. How hot do you think CMH is? Do you think most heat comes from the ballast. (I think it's hard to quantify. There is radiant heat from the bulb. It's not as easily felt as holding your hand on the ballast. But, the ballast sure feels like the biggest source of heat. Or, an equal amount of heat.).

I noticed that one plant is taller than the others. Would it make sense to top/fim it? Or, LST it? Or, tie it down, make it grow sideways? (A more uniform canopy?).

Reid77

Reid77

Looks great. How hot do you think CMH is? Do you think most heat comes from the ballast. (I think it's hard to quantify. There is radiant heat from the bulb. It's not as easily felt as holding your hand on the ballast. But, the ballast sure feels like the biggest source of heat. Or, an equal amount of heat.).

I noticed that one plant is taller than the others. Would it make sense to top/fim it? Or, LST it? Or, tie it down, make it grow sideways? (A more uniform canopy?).
Yea I need to tie it down forsure

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Build yourself a quantum board setup. Step
Into the future and enjoy the many benefits. Check my builds if you have questions. Why run the same commercial gear as everyone else when you can build yourself a better setup for less, better in every way possible.

51EB72E7 E275 4EBF 8CC5 037A9FBCAB48

Reid77

Reid77

Top Bottom