Looking to duplicate spectral output of Hortilux blue MH

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankworth

dankworth

So that lamp is badass for many reasons. However, the cost is prohibitive. And the lifespan, as well as the lumen degradation rate, is pretty bad.

The Gavita LEP has a nearly identical spectral output. At 1300 a pop retail.

Venture has their Natural White line. Perfect spectral output. Just like the Gavita and the Horti Blue MH. 575 watt and 775 watt are the two biggest lamps. No 1ks yet.
The vert versions of these lamps offer like 10% more lumens compared to the horizontal versions.
But the horizontal versions at least offer a 15k hour lifespan.
Vert versions are like 20 or 26k hour lifespan.

If you have not added this form of spectral output to your HPS lamps, you are missing out.
But the cost is a factor.

So I am looking for something with the same spectral output of sunlight.
Like the lamps I mentioned.
But with a reasonable price, and a decent lifespan.
And in 1000 watt size.

Anybody know of a suitable cost-effective replacement to the Hortilux blue MH?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
What about using two bulbs together?

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
1 600 MH 1 600 HPS. Works very well for me, and provides the plants with a much broader spectrum.

outwest

Bannacis

Bannacis

i like it, Its all about diff spectrum... that's my belief too. you gonna put em on a mover or just rotate your plants?

deep buddy

deep buddy

the ventures(that is the 1k's not the natty daylight which arent that much dif imo) are bomb dw and the spectrum is 5500k the same as the horti. i have always loved halides and i dont smoke flowers that arent finished under halides. got some agrosun golds that i have been using that are really nice. also i used almost exclusively sunmaster halides for years. love em or at least the ones they made in the 90's. ive seen some 7500k and 10k halides form either plantmax or ultrasun i have been wanting to try out real bad.
i dont buy expensive bulbs anymore. plant max or ultrasun cause i can get em for DIRT. no real difference i can see except construction so for digis maybe not so much but i dont fuck withss them digi's. hope that helps homie. hope all is well with you and yours.

dankworth

dankworth

Thanks deep buddy. The spectral charts for the LEP, horti blue, and natural white all have a fairly even amount of color across the spectrum, with a big spike in blue-green around 500-525 nm. The venture 1k daylight metal halide indicates severe peaks and troughs in the values on its spectral chart. I thought about it, though.
The digilux metal halide I read once is alleged to be 5400k, however, due to the placement of the peaks in output, it gets a claimed 120,000 lumens. Very competitive for a metal halide. I veg under one. Holy shit. Got 4 of them being shipped to me as I type. I am hopeful that they will come close enough to the horti blue for the terpenes I am chasing.

If there were a 1k natural white I would buy that.
Outwest, I will be rocking 1/2 hps 1/2 mh overhead. You see what happens to the plants, I don't need to convince you of anything haha.
That blue light sure potentiates more happiness in so many ways. They fuckin' love it.
Dual arcs are for people with like jobs or something. Better to run alternating mh and hps, and actually run the full wattage of the lamp instead of a 6 next to a 4 inside the lamp jacket.

The digiluxs end up just over 60 shipped. They go for 90 at the store with a discount. Guy who works there says they get them for 45.

I do really like the performance of the digilux mh, but I do not think it will be quite the equal of the spectrum of the horti blue/natural white/LEP.
Hopefully it will come close enough.
I think I will ride some credit card at the end of flowering(hyah credit! hyah!) and get another 4 so I can finish the last 2 weeks of flowering with all mh.
I am curious about those 7.5 and 10k aquarium lamps myself.

Keep that pimp hand strong deep buddy. Tuck your thumb for extra power.

If you are not down with the cult of the metal halide then fuck you. You go smoke by yourself.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I don't move or rotate. They are both in a single hood in a 4x4.

outwest

tweedy

tweedy

Hey dank, I know this is an old thread but I was talking to the Sunmaster rep and their Fullnova that is coming out is the Natural White from their Venture parent company in the standard 400, 600, 1000 watt rigs. Should be out next month or so.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gavita lep is pricey(lowest ive seen is $1139.00)but at only 1.3 amps and with a 30,000 hour life(after that a rebuild kit is like 139.00)its a pretty damn good option.

D

DetHaze

Sunmaster is coming out with a bulb called the full Aura...or something like that. They said they would have it out the beginning of next year. (Hopefully the cost won't be near the Daylight's price)

S

Sunmaster

/bump

Yes you are correct our Natural White series with are parent company Venture Lighting has been adopted by our horticultural division Sunmaster Grow Lamps named as "Full Nova".

We re vamped the wattage's to reflect a favorable series for our growers (400w, 600w and 1000w) These lamps are pulse start rated and will fire on electronic / digital ballasts and pulse start magnetic ballasts. Normal magnetic ballasts will not work on this lamp series. '

We also have a 10K lamp series rolling out soon. More info on our lamps and ballasts can be viewed here.
http://www.sunmastergrowlamps.com/SunmasterProducts.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding our products.

~Sunmaster

Top Bottom