Looking to make canna oil in a slower cooker

• Thread starter Oldmanbud50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

If you decarb it first, then there is no need to spend that length of time in a slow cooker. You would potentially decrease the strength from prolonged exposure to heat.

Decarb it in an oven, infuse it for 20-30 min, strain and then done.

If you want to use a slow cooker then you would be decarb it as you infuse, and use the decarb/time chart for how long

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

If you decarb it first, then there is no need to spend that length of time in a slow cooker. You would potentially decrease the strength from prolonged exposure to heat.

Decarb it in an oven, infuse it for 20-30 min, strain and then done.

If you want to use a slow cooker then you would be decarb it as you infuse, and use the decarb/time chart for how long
TY AND YA I let the slow cooker decarb with cooking for 12 hours. But ty for the reply

mancorn

mancorn

Coconut oil infuses around 80% at best.

Ardent has some pretty good charts on extraction rates https://ardentcannabis.com/blog/how-to-infuse-cannabis/ (Albeit a slow cook in oil isn’t going to decarb properly. I’d decarb and then infuse).

Use a refined CC if you don’t want the coconut flavor. You can get next day on this item from Amazon (in U.S.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U688JNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’d just take an average THC% from strain (can find on Leafy) * 1000ml * weight in grams * 80% infusion rate and divide by the number of servings = ml THC per serving.

Last edited:
Chester13

Chester13

I have the new ardent,and works great. I usually go 2 cups of coconut oil, or olive oil per an oz. For people that are new I've used up to 4 cups of oil to an oz.

petroleumboy

petroleumboy

Everybody's recipe for butter is different, as is everyone's tolerance. I typically make mine from Hindu Kush that usually has around 17-19% THC. I use 9 grams of trimmings (that have been decarboxylated) to about 1 cup of coconut oil. But every batch varies a little, so the key to me is testing the oil/butter for potency. Start with a small dose of your oil (1/4 to 1/2 tsp) and see how you feel! It doesn't really matter how strong or weak you make your oil, but you need to have some knowledge on the potency when it comes to dosing. I've had batches of brownies where I need 1 tsp per serving for the right hit, and another batch of oil might need closer to 2 tsp. Its not an exact science.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Everybody's recipe for butter is different, as is everyone's tolerance. I typically make mine from Hindu Kush that usually has around 17-19% THC. I use 9 grams of trimmings (that have been decarboxylated) to about 1 cup of coconut oil. But every batch varies a little, so the key to me is testing the oil/butter for potency. Start with a small dose of your oil (1/4 to 1/2 tsp) and see how you feel! It doesn't really matter how strong or weak you make your oil, but you need to have some knowledge on the potency when it comes to dosing. I've had batches of brownies where I need 1 tsp per serving for the right hit, and another batch of oil might need closer to 2 tsp. Its not an exact science.
Dam I put 250 gs. Per bake n make 16 to 18 cookies. And iam happy as a pig in dirt.. Ty for reply m8 much appreciated

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

OK so I put 1000gs 1 kg of coconut oil in my slower cooker let it melt and added. 176gs of bud n trimm. And it sucked it up like a sponge so I added another 600gs of coconut oil.. And it's covered the bud just. Can I add a little water to the mix just to cover the mix will be adding another 24gs bud if needed. Like emm strong

Bass.man

Bass.man

OK so I put 1000gs 1 kg of coconut oil in my slower cooker let it melt and added. 176gs of bud n trimm. And it sucked it up like a sponge so I added another 600gs of coconut oil.. And it's covered the bud just. Can I add a little water to the mix just to cover the mix will be adding another 24gs bud if needed. Like emm strong
I wouldn't add any more bud or water. When I make my oil ,the oil barely covers the weed and it turns out great!

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

I wouldn't add any more bud or water. When I make my oil ,the oil barely covers the weed and it turns out great!
I had to put half a cup of water in with it.. Just covered now.. So all good now ty iam guessing I have to do the separation process now though but all good ty bass

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Opps think I didn't decarb long enough. Or iv done the most simple of things wrong. Be bubbling for 7 hours. Another hour n think I myt stop if iv messed up that is the bits are from 3 hours ago n on the spoon is an hour ago

IMG 20210114 165333
IMG 20210114 150931
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Opps think I didn't decarb long enough. Or iv done the most simple of things wrong. Be bubbling for 7 hours. Another hour n think I myt stop if iv messed up that is the bits are from 3 hours ago n on the spoon is an hour ago

IMG 20210114 170248
Bass.man

Bass.man

You have to strain it through a cheese cloth first. Looks ok to me,what are you seeing that concerns you?

Bass.man

Bass.man

Looks ok,we made gummies last night,my oil was the same color. Good luck!

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

If you started with dry material first and decarbed in the oven, you won’t get the “green” flavour. Using fresh bud/trim will also add water from the moisture in the plant. Not a huge deal if you are going to use/consume in a relatively short time. I make a lot of balms, creams and shit like that so I’m concerned with shelf life. Avoid any water content if you want to store for longer than 1-2 months.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

If you started with dry material first and decarbed in the oven, you won’t get the “green” flavour. Using fresh bud/trim will also add water from the moisture in the plant. Not a huge deal if you are going to use/consume in a relatively short time. I make a lot of balms, creams and shit like that so I’m concerned with shelf life. Avoid any water content if you want to store for longer than 1-2 months.
Yes decarbed. And was planning on trying to make gummy with it as iam a butter person up to now. Not sure if the dose calculator is ryt but it says there's almost 186.67 mill per serving. At 18 portions.

Screenshot 20210114 192506
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Yes decarbed. And was planning on trying to make gummy with it as iam a butter person up to now. Not sure if the dose calculator is ryt but it says there's almost 186.67 mill per serving. At 18 portions.
And iv used. 200gs in the mix of trim and small buds

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Going well so far. 1 dwn 2 to go.. Ty everyone for advice been a mint experience doing this for the 1st time

Latest posts

Top Bottom