looking to redesign and expand .

• Thread starter jiggaboojones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

I have been using a 12 x 6 area with 2 600 watt cool tubes for years now . been mulling over new methods and whatnot for years now . I have been using canna products and coco for quite some time now . however I am about to add about twice the room I had to 12 x 10 . currently mulling over what type of system I want to run as well as cost of everything vs the production rate . here is a list of supplies I currently have to maybe help in possible suggestions bcuz money is always an issue . . 3 600 watt ballasts . 2 600 cool tubes . I 2x4ft t5 8 lamp .
big ass inline fan/4ft filter . medium inline fan /3ft filter . small inline /filter . 1 big ass ozone generator . all kinds of air pumps , hydro pumps . 50 ft black tube (hydro ) 30 gall rez . one ac unit convert to water chiller . ..

now that all this is out there . ild like to hear what many have to say weather its from what they use or what theyd like to use without spending an arm or a leg on electric running 6 1000 watt bulbs with all the commoditys that is just not practical in my sitch . an honest logistic on dif systems I could run efficiently without a huge startup . thank you for anyone interested in helping me mull this over .
if anyone is interested I can take full pics of everything

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

How much extra $$ do you have budgeted for your project?? You have any building supplies laying around such as drywall or lumber. What size diameter is your hydro tubing?? If you are dead set on a hydro setup I would build a rdwc system of say 6 buckets and plum them into your 30 gallon res. Of course you wouldn't have to fill the res totally full.... Half full would work. What sorta res is it... One you made from a container or a actuall hydro res from a store. What size is it? What the rating on your hydro pumps?? I only ask cause I could help draw up building plans and costs for the system I speak of.

whatthe215

whatthe215

keep it simple.. easier on you and your wallet.

2 4x8 trays. craiglist $100 each
run your 3 600s over 1 table
and pickup 2 1kw setups for the second table @ ~$250 each.

what about electrical? do you have a few 240v circuits wired up with mechanical timers for the ballasts?

and then an AC, 18k btu GE window AC should do it, could go with a 14k btu if you're in an area that doesn't get too hot. $500
assuming this is a bedroom, stick the window ac in the closet. seal with panda + tape. install an inline fan to exchange air. sheet metal shop can fab you a piece that fits over the rear of the AC with a 6 or 8" duct. makes it more efficient IME.

that's $1200

i'd just run coco DTW. handwater 1x per day.

i've still got my original 4 cooltubes sitting in a storage unit. after 1 run i knew they were garbage.
my recommendation? vertizontals, the umbrella lookin ones. they kill adjustowings. $115 each.

gooood luck bro. money spent on dialing environment will benefit you a lot quick than money spent on fancy nutes or complicated growing systems. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom