Loop Botanicals - Essential Oil Extractor 1.5lb Closed Loop System

• Thread starter OB1Ganjobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

Some OGs a friend grows mixed with some Phenom Phen of ours...
It's really stinky and tasty but a little soft still. @17% return this run.
...without flash.
IMG 1344

...With flash
IMG 1346

Another piece.
IMG 1353

Last edited:
D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Thanks for the tips, advice and opinions everyone :)
That run was made with older buds and trim which probably contributed to it's darker color.

I do burp the system a few times along the way to ease the pressure.
From what I understand the glass window is manufactured to stand up to a high pressure environment and they modified it for their system.

Their systems do come with a pressure gauge. Mine was not working properly so it's not pictured. It's in the mail here now. It's shown on The pic from their Facebook page though.

I plan on running the system outdoors from now on. Though I do know nothing is 100% safe, I felt comfortable doing this inside because a friend of mine who also has this system has used his inside probably 50 times.

I've used my vac chamber system for a while now and am fairly pleased with its results. I would like to buy an actual oven vac chamber sometime soon now that I have this system.

Ill be posting more pics of the system and the results soon.

Site glass is not modified for anything I got the same glass on the one I made

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

Hey All
I live out here in Beautiful Colorado and recently we purchased a closed loop extraction system from some real chill guys at LOOP BOTANICALS! They came out and showed me the ins and outs of the system and how it all works. This system was the only one that has a HUGE glass window in the catch chamber so you can watch your extraction happen. I’ve been very pleased with the ease of the system, its fast, simple and makes me wonder how much time and butane I’ve wasted in the past, and considering the price difference between this one and other systems of the same size I’ve already saved thousands on the system and hundreds on butane.

This is the pic of the system from their Facebook page. Check em out!
View attachment 381647
Here’s the system ready to put together. I have all Grape Ape indoor trim, small buds and lots of nice greenhouse nugs packed in there. All together about 1.25lbs of material.
View attachment 381644

The tank goes in a 5 gal. bucket of ice and water until its at or below freezing and the butane bottles are kept on a heat pad in order to keep them a little warmer than room temp. A full case of butane fits into the Storage Tank and it goes in by manually opening and closing the quick connect valve as its blasted into the tank.

The Butane Storage Tank is weighed empty and full so we know when all the butane has been blasted into and through the Trim Chamber.

The system assembled and ready to go.
View attachment 381677
In Laman’s Terms…
Butane in liquid form is cold and naturally wants to go to the coldest chamber it can get to. So, we’re making the butane go from its Storage Tank, through the Trim Chamber, into our Catch Chamber, then back to its Storage Tank using a heating pad, ice water and boiling water leaving only BHO behind.

The Storage Tank has a heat pad wrapped around it to force the butane out of the Storage Tank, through the Trim Chamber and into the Catch Chamber that is sitting in a bucket of ice and water. The butane naturally wants to go to the colder chamber and is taking all the goodness with it!
View attachment 381651

Once the Storage Tank has been weighed to make sure all the butane is in the Trim Chamber and going into the Catch Chamber, its taken off the Trim Chamber and the heat pad is moved to the top of the Trim Chabmer to force the all butane down to the Catch Chamber.
View attachment 381650

This system is AWESOME!!! Its pretty sweet to watch the Catch Chamber fill with golden liquid.
View attachment 381652

Once the Trim Chamber has been warmed from the heat pad being slowly moved to the bottom of the Trim Chamber, all the butane is now in the Catch Chamber and its time to recycle the butane back in its Storage Tank.

The Storage Tank is placed in ice and water and the Catch Chamber is put in a 5 gal. bucket and filled with boiling water and kept hot by topping it off with fresh hot water to force the butane back in to its Storage Tank to be used again.
I’ve been getting about 75 to 80% return on butane.
View attachment 381653

As the butane is forced back to the Storage Tank you can watch through the glass and see all the bubbles of butane rising up and leaving the Catch Chamber.
View attachment 381654

View attachment 381655
Once the Catch Chamber is almost empty (@ 1/2 in. of BHO liquid) we take the system outside to slowly let off the excess gas until there’s pretty much no hissing (pressure) sound coming out of the Catch Chamber.
View attachment 381657

View attachment 381656
The Catch Chamber is opened and emptied into a glass dish lined with ‘Oil Slick – Slick Sheet’.
View attachment 381660
View attachment 381661

And now its time to put the BHO into a Heated Vac. Chamber and purge all the butane OUT and make it into some nice shatter and or honeycomb waxy goodness. It’s in at full vac. for about 12 hours at 120 degrees.
View attachment 381662
View attachment 381663
Looks like gold cotton candy as it puffs up during vac.

After its overnight purge it turned into an almost shatter but upon inspection with my loop I saw a few little bubbles so I put it back in the Vac. Chamber.
View attachment 381667

This time there was a lot of excess BHO left in the Catch Chamber that we scrapped out and put on parchment paper. While the majority is purging in the Vac. Chamber the rest of the excess is heated up with a CLEAN hair dryer and stirred like you would in a hot water bath. Then the parchment is folded in half, folding the BHO into itself to further purge. The excess was then left out overnight waiting for the heated Vac. Chamber.
View attachment 381674
View attachment 381675
View attachment 381676
The excess BHO goes into the heated Vac. Chamber to purge the last of the butane out and it turned into a honeycomb wax.

Just wanted to add that I keep the hot water that my catch chamber is in between 105 and 125 max during the butane recovery process. I start with a 5 gal bucket half full of hot tap water then i add boiling water from my tea pot to it to bring the temp up to @140. I then top off the 5 gal with hot tap water and it ends up at about 125 when I check it with my laser thermometer. I open the valves on my catch chamber and my tank then emerge the catch chamber in the hot water. Every 5 minutes I close the valves for 5 minutes then open again to help build a little pressure and recover more butane faster.

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

i have been operating with a BHOgart closed loop. im finding im having better luck with my glass tube when it comes to quality...hard to find 5 pound nug runs...i think the wave of the future is producing budder and letting the consumer finish to their liking.

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

Mob Boss - super sugar trim run.
1.75 lbs of trim in.
6+ heady oz out
IMG 0950
IMG 0954

Fleisher the better... and blonder
Poured the catch chamber straight into my dish then put it on a skillet @ 125 ish and stirred til waxy and let cool. Took about an hour.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Ob1, let it sit undisturbed. Purge to get shatter, then make into wax. Like the guys earlier. This method is notorious for break down and residuals

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

Ob1, let it sit undisturbed. Purge to get shatter, then make into wax. Like the guys earlier. This method is notorious for break down and residuals
Exactly... I always try for shatter with my own material.
We purposely made it into Wax this time because thats what the people wanted and it's the fastest way to wax it. I rent my services for donations...

Abel

Abel

This is a piece of gear that looks like it separates the adults from the kids...
And I'm definitely one of the kids! lol

How much does something like this cost? Can't be cheap....

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

This is a piece of gear that looks like it separates the adults from the kids...
And I'm definitely one of the kids! lol

How much does something like this cost? Can't be cheap....

Less than 1/2 the cost of major named brand machines...
But if ur even slightly mechanically inclined and can find the parts, you can make one yourself for super super cheap in comparison.

O

ogkush1

Just wanted to add these guys are some pretty cool mo fo's. They helped me out with a lot more than just an extractor. They made feel more than comfortable and safe before they left. The knowledge you can get out of these guys in a sitting is priceless .Also they have the hooks on Across International vacuum ovens. I would recommend them to all . PEACE

fractal

fractal

Running that indoors is scary, all it takes is one time something goes wrong and you'll be wishing you never even heard of BHO. That said, product looks mega dank.

Abel

Abel

The thought of blowing myself up keeps me from trying it. I'm happy just growing a few little plants to keep myself going. I like my body being in one piece lol

W

wd4d

The thought of blowing myself up keeps me from trying it. I'm happy just growing a few little plants to keep myself going. I like my body being in one piece lol
They are CLOSED LOOP SYSTEMS! Youd have to be a complete idiot and actually have to try to have an explosion! Mine has 50' of hose to purge off what little propane they end up having inside!

MtnDawg

MtnDawg

Unless you have an excellent ventilation system and a gas detection system, you're risking blowing yourself up if you extract indoors - closed loop or otherwise. When everything works perfectly, no problem - but safety precautions are taken to avoid catastrophes when things DON'T go right. Suppose your glass collection chamber fails after having been cold shocked hundreds of times? None of this is worth risking life or property. Don't be a statistic.

E

eurekagrower

Unless you have an excellent ventilation system and a gas detection system, you're risking blowing yourself up if you extract indoors - closed loop or otherwise. When everything works perfectly, no problem - but safety precautions are taken to avoid catastrophes when things DON'T go right. Suppose your glass collection chamber fails after having been cold shocked hundreds of times? None of this is worth risking life or property. Don't be a statistic.

They actually dont use those sight glasses anymore. They hey have a much safer option. No window or a small viewing window, here is mine they upgraded me to
11 B55D28DC 2160653 1280 100

Latest posts

Top Bottom