Loose Airy Buds

• Thread starter Buddafett23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

do you think using a perlite/coco mix in smart pots will help stop the buds being so leafy? They will be getting more oxygen, better drainage and I’ll be able to feed more than once a week?
Another thing I noticed. You’re only feeding once a week in Coco? You should be feeding at LEAST daily in coco IMO. Even in soil if I was only feeding once a week I would have to wonder what was up.
I feed my fresh rooted clones and seedlings daily. By the time i flip I’m feeding 3-6x a day depending on pot size and in flower up to hourly feedings during lights on. Even if I was in a 5 gal in coco I would feed 3x daily in flower.
I’ve heard leds having smaller buds that are very frosty and potent but I believe if you’re in coco and feeding only weekly and at 6.6 ph that’s playing a big role in it.
P (phosphorus) specifically is taken best at a lower ph than say C or Mg. Something to think about

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

No way your pulling over 2.2 a light with led so I must disagree. Happy Growing
In my wildest dreams that number has to be achievable. But I believe that HPS and MH can't get above 2.

But saying that and reading that someone else has hit that means nothing. Please note, I have read elsewhere that other people have hit that number, not me.

After I find a strain I want to run with and can get at least three runs in of the same... Then I can give you accurate numbers for this light.

I get that HPS is tried and true and will always produce great results. I have a few in the closet collecting dust! Just in case.

I think I want to see a thread of just what people are pulling...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
In my wildest dreams that number has to be achievable. But I believe that HPS and MH can't get above 2.

But saying that and reading that someone else has hit that means nothing. Please note, I have read elsewhere that other people have hit that number, not me.

After I find a strain I want to run with and can get at least three runs in of the same... Then I can give you accurate numbers for this light.

I get that HPS is tried and true and will always produce great results. I have a few in the closet collecting dust! Just in case.

I think I want to see a thread of just what people are pulling...
Hps can get over 2 if you got a gassed(co2) room setup proper...i like to add uvb...ill do 1.1s all day with a thin strain and no gas

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

I

i do yes, I was lolly popping them and rolling the some of small stuff the branches back. I’ve tried some fimmimg and LST on my nursery to try an SOG approach when they go into flower coz the taller stuff seems to be less covered in tri’s than smaller stuff which made me think that they was too close to the light. My previous HPS was only 600w and could only handle the one in there.
Another thing I noticed. You’re only feeding once a week in Coco? You should be feeding at LEAST daily in coco IMO. Even in soil if I was only feeding once a week I would have to wonder what was up.
I feed my fresh rooted clones and seedlings daily. By the time i flip I’m feeding 3-6x a day depending on pot size and in flower up to hourly feedings during lights on. Even if I was in a 5 gal in coco I would feed 3x daily in flower.
I’ve heard leds having smaller buds that are very frosty and potent but I believe if you’re in coco and feeding only weekly and at 6.6 ph that’s playing a big role in it.
P (phosphorus) specifically is taken best at a lower ph than say C or Mg. Something to think about
thanks for the info, when I was on HPS the plant was fine apart from taking a regular scorching. I was able to feed that 2-3 times a week, I’ve held back the watering under the LED in fear or rotting my roots. I did try last week to water every other day but one plant started to brown and wither. The PH however seemed to work well under HPS, I’m still new to it all and only in my Third indoor season. I’ll get a pic later on today and so you can see. Definately taking your advice and will lower PH and start to feed once a day. Thanks pal.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I've posted my run. Over 2 is way possible and easy actually, I've been hitting that for years with HPS. There is threads of what people pull you should check it out. I personally know people who average 2.5 per light and higher. I know afew people in this forum get damn near 3. I'll post a pic of my current run and show you what a 2.5 + looks like. Happy Growing

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

This is half way through light cycle, I’m hoping it will fill out more.
B5AA2C2D 411C 45D1 B225 E8E6B5C5F704

K

kansabis

I thought I had an aeration problem caused by the roots being to wet from bad drainage? Now it’s looking like it’s a light issue, is there anybody using LEDs that has got around this problem?
Yeah use quality leds lol.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

thanks for the info, when I was on HPS the plant was fine apart from taking a regular scorching. I was able to feed that 2-3 times a week, I’ve held back the watering under the LED in fear or rotting my roots. I did try last week to water every other day but one plant started to brown and wither. The PH however seemed to work well under HPS, I’m still new to it all and only in my Third indoor season. I’ll get a pic later on today and so you can see. Definately taking your advice and will lower PH and start to feed once a day. Thanks pal.
It's gonna be cooler so you have to water less. Every 4-5 days sounds better. Those hps draw more heat so it's going to evaporate quicker. Not a light issue.

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

It's gonna be cooler so you have to water less. Every 4-5 days sounds better. Those hps draw more heat so it's going to evaporate quicker. Not a light issue.
To be honest rhinoB the more I’ve thought about and the more I’m convinced it’s not all about the light. If it was the light then my girls wouldn’t be covered in trichomes. I give them a clean water flush last week and been feeding every other day and draining the run off. The difference the past 2 days has been amazing!!! After a good inspection today they appear to be filling out. They are a little leafy still but that’s down to the strain I recon. (Afghan Kush)
Cheers bro.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

To be honest rhinoB the more I’ve thought about and the more I’m convinced it’s not all about the light. If it was the light then my girls wouldn’t be covered in trichomes. I give them a clean water flush last week and been feeding every other day and draining the run off. The difference the past 2 days has been amazing!!! After a good inspection today they appear to be filling out. They are a little leafy still but that’s down to the strain I recon. (Afghan Kush)
Cheers bro.
Yeah them afghans are big leafed and tight internode locking as it is. Could be strain dependent. I run mars hydro leds and I use 4 of them in my 4x8. Hasn't done me wrong however I'm not out to prove to anyone that I get massive yeilds because I don't. If I'm hitting an oz per plant I'm happy. It's just me and my girl but if I was going to get technical, my buds aren't airy like some claim leds to be, it's how you USE your led lights. If you're gonna treat them like a hps and let them sit 2 feet above the plant or more you're definitely gonna get airy ass buds. Key to this is 1 foot away, lollipop your plants and don't be going for no 4 footers, keep it short, whether its traditional, scrog fed etc. you can absolutely get some fire ass bud off leds, and you can definitely get sense buds but again you need to keep your plants maybe 3 ft max after stretch. Your leds are only going to cover a foot to foot and a half from the top colas down, just grow more plants

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

Yeah them afghans are big leafed and tight internode locking as it is. Could be strain dependent. I run mars hydro leds and I use 4 of them in my 4x8. Hasn't done me wrong however I'm not out to prove to anyone that I get massive yeilds because I don't. If I'm hitting an oz per plant I'm happy. It's just me and my girl but if I was going to get technical, my buds aren't airy like some claim leds to be, it's how you USE your led lights. If you're gonna treat them like a hps and let them sit 2 feet above the plant or more you're definitely gonna get airy ass buds. Key to this is 1 foot away, lollipop your plants and don't be going for no 4 footers, keep it short, whether its traditional, scrog fed etc. you can absolutely get some fire ass bud off leds, and you can definitely get sense buds but again you need to keep your plants maybe 3 ft max after stretch. Your leds are only going to cover a foot to foot and a half from the top colas down, just grow more plants
Great info thanks pal, my room is very small floor to ceiling is 4 foot so I have to keep them low. Problem I had with HPS was over heating and scorching, I did hit one oz per plant but some buds looked scorched and didn’t taste the best. I did lolly pop them but they’ve still gone to high touching the light, they seem to have a thinker harder leaf that close to the light. My next lot to go in I’ve done some LST to keep them down a bit for next season. I’m gonna get smart pots and some 3-6mm perlite to mix in with my coco when I transplant them up so I can water them more often without the worry of root lock and over watering. I’ve juts give my girls some cannazym to help finish them off. Cheers bro, happy growing.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Great info thanks pal, my room is very small floor to ceiling is 4 foot so I have to keep them low. Problem I had with HPS was over heating and scorching, I did hit one oz per plant but some buds looked scorched and didn’t taste the best. I did lolly pop them but they’ve still gone to high touching the light, they seem to have a thinker harder leaf that close to the light. My next lot to go in I’ve done some LST to keep them down a bit for next season. I’m gonna get smart pots and some 3-6mm perlite to mix in with my coco when I transplant them up so I can water them more often without the worry of root lock and over watering. I’ve juts give my girls some cannazym to help finish them off. Cheers bro, happy growing.
Love those canna nutes dude, rhizotonic is my shit, but I'm a die hard GH fan

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If I hit 1 oz a plant, it would be way cheaper to just buy your herb from someone who know what there doing. The reason people have problems with HPS is because they obviously don't have proper cooling for an HPS and again yields aren't even close IMO. Happy Growing

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

If I hit 1 oz a plant, it would be way cheaper to just buy your herb from someone who know what there doing. The reason people have problems with HPS is because they obviously don't have proper cooling for an HPS and again yields aren't even close IMO. Happy Growing
ive weighed my variables, buying from a supplier in my area where the quality doesn't even come close just isn't an option brotha. I absolutely hit over an oz per plant lol I'm just saying I'm happy if I'm at that or over.

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I've posted my run. Over 2 is way possible and easy actually, I've been hitting that for years with HPS. There is threads of what people pull you should check it out. I personally know people who average 2.5 per light and higher. I know afew people in this forum get damn near 3. I'll post a pic of my current run and show you what a 2.5 + looks like. Happy Growing

I am interested in seeing pics of a 5.5 pound per 1000 watt grow.

Buddafett23

Buddafett23

We can’t all be super growers we all have to start somewhere and it’s a big learning curve when you start from scratch. Not all situations and conditions are that simple by adding a cooling system. I’m sure if we all had a big open space we would and could afford all the top equipment we could all do as good as you pal. If you couldn’t afford to only get 1 oz a plant your running costs must be through the roof!! My running costs are that low if I only get half oz a plant I’m still paying for all my costs and having free smoke for 3 months, isn’t that what it’s all about and why were all doing it in the first place??

P

Pimples

LOL

They won't, not to a regular Joe? So please tell me that you are getting over 4 LBs per 1K HPS light.

Most people are getting 1/2 grams per watt when it comes to HPS. If your are getting 1 gram per watt you are doing well. And 1.5 grams per watt, you are "killing it". But to say that HPS can produce over 2 grams per watt is something I have never heard of or seen for that matter.

Please enlighten me.
No argument here. I know they kick mucho ass. Iam just saying...they need to be more accessible to the average grower. I know alot of growers. Most arent in the forum world. Never heard of COB. The closest they have gotten to LED is the cheap Chinese junk that is basically a rip off. Plus they arent gonna go through the trouble of the diy. And the really good units you have to figure out. Basically..in order to get better than hps yields and quality at half the power..you have to jump into to led/cob world or search through the bullshit and drop some bucks for a good super efficient unit. So I guess i answered or replied to your post wrong. Led is the best of the best no doubt about it. Ive seen enough proof now...but they still arent practical money speaking nor accesible without serious input by the grower to figure it all out. People wanna slap up a bad ass lamp and grow buds not learn and figure out bins..efficiency..drivers...chips and all the mumbo jumbo. Most growers I know any ways. All that shit flies right over thier heads. Cobs and boards need to be king. Pre made ready to grow units in all the growshops. Affordable and ready to roll. Until then..hid (hps..cmh) is still king.

Top Bottom