Love Potion #1 vs. Love Potion 1.1

• Thread starter ismokepot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ismokepot

Hey Reef- Is there a difference between these two. The L.P. I own is labeled 1.1 and I thought I was buying the Indica pheno of L.P.???

R

Reeferman

The 1.1 is a bx to a lp 1 f-3 male for lemon dominance , I have worked lp in many directions male vs female bxing s-1's etc for several reasons the early lp1 f-1's had the odd hermie slightly prone because of the santa marta colombian gold , now I have stabalized the SMCG better than the lp line and I am sending SMCG back to colombia lol .
This last run both the 1.1 and the LP2 are really killer I thought it was better to offer than as they are rather than seeds being different from pack to pack or year to year .

The 1.1 is more stout and less stretchy than the #2 this its more indica like .
Reef

I

ismokepot

So what's the approx. flowering time for the LP 1.1- 9-10 weeks???

Thanks again....

I

ismokepot

I've heard that before but it may have been on your of your threads........ I guess I won't be growing L.P. 1.1 out anytime soon- to long for me! I thought it stated 8-9 weeks in reefs description of the strain........

O

oegrow

LP1 takes too long

The shortest pheno flowers in around 8-9 weeks but isn't worth the growing. The better phenos take ten weeks absolute minimum, but 12 is more like it. I just threw out a few hundred 100% viable LP1 f2s. I'm not interested in 12 weeks for average bud. It's a decent yielder at best.

N

Nirrity

mine 'new improved' LP #1 took 8 weeks for perfect. Guys please note what versions you are talking about.

R

Reeferman

We have shortened it down to 8 weeks pretty much on 90% of the new lp#1 , opinions are subjective but a plant from a single pack of seeds won the NYC cup against chem dogs sour D etc its a pretty tough place that was a customer who grew out a pack of seeds vs elite cuts.
Reef

convex

convex

The shortest pheno flowers in around 8-9 weeks but isn't worth the growing. The better phenos take ten weeks absolute minimum, but 12 is more like it. I just threw out a few hundred 100% viable LP1 f2s. I'm not interested in 12 weeks for average bud. It's a decent yielder at best.

The original LP#1 was advertised as being 10-12 week strain.

Why would you buy a 12 week strain and then be surprised that it took that long?

O

oegrow

The original LP#1 was advertised as being 10-12 week strain.

Why would you buy a 12 week strain and then be surprised that it took that long?

Where in my post do I show surprise at the Lp1 taking 12 weeks Convex?? I bought it because it is supposed to be a stellar strain, but in my opinion it wasn't worth the twelve weeks I was prepared to wait. ISP asked how long the strain takes and I answered him with respect to the LP1. Simple really.

Nirrity: These were the new 08 "tweaked" LP1 (at least that was what I ordered), and all three of the fems (three different phenos) seriously hermied two weeks before finishing. That was not a problem for me because it was an all LP1 grow, but the new LP1 (not the LP1.1 which I haven't grown) takes twelve weeks and hermies. Fact! I'm sorry if that dissapoints RM's fans but facts are facts guys. BTW, the seeds do cost $120 for ten which is pretty steep for a strain that hermies.

ISP: The LP1.1 is supposed to be the Indica leaning version of the LP1. The LP2 is the SMCG leaning version. she might well finish in 8-10 weeks but I'd bet on ten weeks to finish. Personally I'd try it if the hermie issue isn't a problem for you (mine had far too many to pick off)

N

Nirrity

strange oegrow... why then I got no hermies and 8-9 weeks finishers from the same release? where did you got your seeds from? it would be better to upload some fotos of your plants!

convex

convex

Where in my post do I show surprise at the Lp1 taking 12 weeks Convex?? I bought it because it is supposed to be a stellar strain, but in my opinion it wasn't worth the twelve weeks I was prepared to wait. ISP asked how long the strain takes and I answered him with respect to the LP1. Simple really.

Sorry to have offended, I misinterpreted the title of your post "LP1 takes too long".

R

Reeferman

Its very odd in general with the LP line how we can grow out 15-20k seeds in South america with about 3% herms , I can sell 20k seeds and only 5% of of those who I speak to report herms .

I have had super low incidents of herms on the new lp line period .
I am just testing growing lp #1 females that we are planning to release .
Will let everyone know how that goes .
Reef

O

oegrow

...I have worked lp in many directions male vs female bxing s-1's etc Reef

Okay then, lets say I got the twelve weeks to finish, hermi prone line, and everyone else got the 8 week, no hermie line! If you guys want to believe that the LP1 doesn't take twelve weeks & doesn't hermie go ahead. I really don't care. Finally, just because my seeds were marked LP1 doesn't mean they were of course so this could all be purely academic couldn't it? :indifferent0023:(oegrow is sleeping now so "please don't disturb")

convex

convex

It's definately worth the 12 weeks IMO.

21354d1235348825t-gem-every-pack-lp.jpg

N

Nirrity

oegrow just post some pics bro'. it's not o'k to blame any breeder without any proof. and you still didn't said where did you got your seeds.
imho it's either LP#2, LP#1.1. or first release LP #1, the latest with new colombian father are quite faster.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

VERY nice convex. Also I'm impressed with the chair and wonder how the wife let you use it as a booster for the fine lady L-P. Peace

convex

convex

VERY nice convex. Also I'm impressed with the chair and wonder how the wife let you use it as a booster for the fine lady L-P. Peace

Well of course I had to leave the GUEST plastic on the seat AND she was asleep LOL!

H

HIBUSHDOCTA

the lp#1 seeds i got when reef just started advertizing in High Times, was short 3 to 4 feet, looked like a light green christmas tree and had the scent of lemon.

J

Jay D

Hey Reeferman......could you please help me with some Love potion 1 seeds. I love that strain and it seems like it's extinct. No seed bank has those seeds and everyone is with love potion 9 or 1.1. Please help me with those seeds I will pay you. Im in love with love potion 1.

Any one please help me with love potion 1 seeds. I will pay you. Every seed bank is out of those seeds. I can't find them anywhere :(

Top Bottom