Loving the TS1000

• Thread starter Tomkins2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

I gotta say this light was well worth the countless hours I spent trying to decide on one. Mars Hydro really does make a quality LED. I went from a 400 watt MH to this and my girls love it. Not to mention the energy savings all the way around. A lot cooler so I'm not sucking the walls of my tent all the way in trying to keep it cool. Kudos from me.

Loving the ts1000
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Curious post.

Did you buy it with your own money, and what other LEDs lights have you owned prior to your comment about the 1000?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I gotta say this light was well worth the countless hours I spent trying to decide on one. Mars Hydro really does make a quality LED. I went from a 400 watt MH to this and my girls love it. Not to mention the energy savings all the way around. A lot cooler so I'm not sucking the walls of my tent all the way in trying to keep it cool. Kudos from me.
How does one solve the issue of the tent sucking in because of the exhaust fan? Built a little spacer type thing which seems to prevent such a vacuum. Hate for my plants to be all sucked together once flower rolls around. Thanks.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

How does one solve the issue of the tent sucking in because of the exhaust fan? Built a little spacer type thing which seems to prevent such a vacuum. Hate for my plants to be all sucked together once flower rolls around. Thanks.
I've actually got a vent that goes to my crawl space. I use one of the bottom vent holes in my tent and run some 4in from it to the vent. Therefore when I zip my tent up the fan actually draws the cool air from my crawl space. The tent certainly still sucks in some but this seems to relieve a lot of suction having a basically a 4in hole open.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Curious post.

Did you buy it with your own money, and what other LEDs lights have you owned prior to your comment about the 1000?
This is the first LED I've ever used soley as my Veg light. Like I was saying I went from a 400W Metal Halide to this. For what I was trying to spend it was between this and a Spider Farmer. The Mars was a bit cheaper with comparable specs. I'm very pleased with the money spent. About 300W less at the plug also.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

I suppose one could cut some meter stick like material and place 3 or 4 up the sides behind the bars of your tent frame to help hold the tent out as well. Just popped into my head. Might work.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Hell
I suppose one could cut some meter stick like material and place 3 or 4 up the sides behind the bars of your tent frame to help hold the tent out as well. Just popped into my head. Might work.
yeah.. good idea. I have extra pvc as well. Post in my diary later. Thanks for the idea 💡

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

That lamp has about 2/3 the coverage of a 400w mh and will yield about half as much. You would need 2 to match your old bulb.
Yeah man I definitely understand the difference. Considering the size of my tent and what not I was just having more trouble than gain with the MH. I generally only put clones that I've recently transplanted and other youngins in that tent so running it just wasn't ideal for me personally. I certainly know I took a hit on output but am pleased none the less with the LED. Being it is on the lower end just a step above your famous Amazon 50$ blurple set up. I couldn't be happier.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah man I definitely understand the difference. Considering the size of my tent and what not I was just having more trouble than gain with the MH. I generally only put clones that I've recently transplanted and other youngins in that tent so running it just wasn't ideal for me personally. I certainly know I took a hit on output but am pleased none the less with the LED. Being it is on the lower end just a step above your famous Amazon 50$ blurple set up. I couldn't be happier.

Hey if its the right tool for you and you are happy im not arguing. I just wanted folks to know that 150 watts of led will not equal the coverage or depth of 400 watts of hid. Maybe like 250.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Hey if its the right tool for you and you are happy im not arguing. I just wanted folks to know that 150 watts of led will not equal the coverage or depth of 400 watts of hid. Maybe like 250.
Oh for sure I wouldn't ever wanna mislead anyone. Definitely not the same. More or less my point is if someone is considering buying one of them Amazon special blue and red boys for 50 bucks, do your plants a favor and save up another 50 and get Mars. Good full spectrum light. Can't beat the par rating considering. I flower with 250w hps. A lot of guys flower with the TS1000 and do exceptional. I'd like to one day do a side by side comparison. But to me that LED isn't even close to my HPS. But like I said I knew that when I signed up lol

20200326 201919
Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Yes I am flowering that lil gal on the right. Lmao needed the room.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
About 300W less at the plug also.
Hi Tom, thanks for your trust in Mars Hydro, and very glad to hear that you are satisfied with TS1000 performance now. 😊 The TS1000 actual power is 150w, can't compare with a 400w HPS, but can replace a 250w hops. The buds under LED are tighter and delicious, looking forward to the comparison in the future.
Any questions about our products, just shout me out. Happy growing!🌱

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

And again much less heat output which is good for me. I couldn't keep my tent under 85-90 degrees with the MH even with a cool air intake. I would recommend your products to anyone. I can't wait until I can upgrade to a bigger model. I'm excited to see if anything new comes out as well. Thank you for such great customer service and support. And for offering an affordable quality light. Cheers.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Too bad. You were so close to making a much better decision just to save a few bucks, which would have come back to you in better product

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Too bad. You were so close to making a much better decision just to save a few bucks, which would have come back to you in better product
Well please enlighten me. What exactly did I miss out on. I'm not sure if u are referring to another company or what. I really only had 100 bucks to spare. And needed the light asap.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Well please enlighten me. What exactly did I miss out on. I'm not sure if u are referring to another company or what. I really only had 100 bucks to spare. And needed the light asap.

I'm sure Mars would argue this, but many here believe your best bang for your buck in LED lighting are the quantum boards with the lm301b or 301h samsung chip. I don't own a Mars, but if they were to offer me one for a side by side comparison, I do have an unused tent.

I've been impressed with the stocky "strong like a bull dog" plants my quantum boards are producing ... and this is across 4 different strains.

Last edited:
Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

[/QUOTE]
I'm sure Mars would argue this, but many here believe your best bang for your buck in LED lighting are the quantum boards with the lm301b or 301h samsung chip. I don't own a Mars, but if they were to offer me one for a side by side comparison, I do have an unused tent. I've been impressed with the stocky "strong like a bull dog" plants my quantum boards are producing ... and this is across 4 different strains.
I definitely have come across these. Didn't do much digging into it. Completely understand that the Mars doesn't have Samsung LED or a mean well drive. I've watched man comparison between Mars and Spider Farmer which does indeed have both of those. Very similar performance. I personally didn't see a 60 dollar upper hand so I went with what I could afford at the time. If someone could show me a side by side of my light and one of similar power draw with Sam diodes and Mean Well driver and legitimately show me that those diodes and driver will do exceptionally better than mine I'll admit defeat. I'm very happy with the light considering what I've got into it and for what it's used for. I certainly appreciate the input.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I definitely have come across these. Didn't do much digging into it. Completely understand that the Mars doesn't have Samsung LED or a mean well drive. I've watched man comparison between Mars and Spider Farmer which does indeed have both of those. Very similar performance. I personally didn't see a 60 dollar upper hand so I went with what I could afford at the time. If someone could show me a side by side of my light and one of similar power draw with Sam diodes and Mean Well driver and legitimately show me that those diodes and driver will do exceptionally better than mine I'll admit defeat. I'm very happy with the light considering what I've got into it and for what it's used for. I certainly appreciate the input.

I would love to do a side by side. I don't have endless money and I've already invested in quantum boards so Mars would have to donate them for me to do one. I would want to do a watts from the wall side by side comparison. And frankly, never having run a Mars, I can't tell you for sure. I can say I am impressed with the quantum boards.

The other thing is ... not everyone needs lbs and lbs at harvest. Some of us do fine on a lot less if its for personal use only. If you're satisfied, good! I wouldn't want you to feel like you made a bad purchase. You probably didn't. Did you make the best? Only a true side by side would show that. But in the end it doesn't matter if you're happy.

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

I would love to do a side by side. I don't have endless money and I've already invested in quantum boards so Mars would have to donate them for me to do one. I would want to do a watts from the wall side by side comparison. And frankly, never having run a Mars, I can't tell you for sure. I can say I am impressed with the quantum boards.

The other thing is ... not everyone needs lbs and lbs at harvest. Some of us do fine on a lot less if its for personal use only. If you're satisfied, good! I wouldn't want you to feel like you made a bad purchase. You probably didn't. Did you make the best? Only a true side by side would show that. But in the end it doesn't matter if you're happy.
Thank you. I draw roughly 150 at the wall. Exactly like you said. I actually flower with HPS but have heard of guys flowering even with the light I have. I'm curious tho could you point me in the direction maybe of what u have. I'd love to do some reading I'm always looking to upgrade at some point. Should I just hit Google with Quantum Boards?

Top Bottom