Low budget, homemade hydroponics nutrients?

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

Being on a low budget I am looking to save a few bucks. Anyone have some low cost DIY recipes?

Ive heard of people putting Guano in panty hose and placing it in their reservoir as a nutrient. Anyone have any info on home made foods?

Thx!

M

Mr. Greenthum

Nope if i grow im going to grow the right way im wont take the risk of growing crap plants and wasting my time.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

you can get a full line for like 30 bux
general hydro, technaflora, and several other companies have cheap ass stuff you can go with

squarepusher

squarepusher

If you want to buy a name brand, Dutch Master Advance is fairly solid and fairly priced, imo

J

Jalisco Kid

And why would mixing your salts be the wrong way, you feel the K nitrate I use is inferior to what K nitrate AN sells you for 100's of times more. Americans marijuana growers are just lazy and have poor math shills. That is my thinking why they pay so much for someone to add the water for them. There are a lot of dry formulas in the US for hundreds to thousand time cheaper. JK

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
If you are apprehensive to make you own nutes, check out growmore.

plantsthatproduce dot com /products/Fertilizers_Supplements_Cannabis.html

$7.00-12.00 for a 5lb bag of grow more, no chlorine or excess metals.

Otherwise looking at least $20.00 + a gallon for a hydro store nutrient.
Example:
Cns17 runs me $22.00 a gallon and is delivering better than another nutrient brand that costs over 100.00 per gallon. I m also saving more $$ because I do not have to purchase cal/mg.

So in reality that $100.00 nute brand actually costs more because of having to buy calmg to add back to my r/o water.

Imagine how much more I could save using grow more, and can save even more making my own nutes. All in time, all in time.

JK, Your posts are greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

R

Reefer Franklin

Hi Leadsled,

I have been using the CNS17 for my first indoor grow. It seems to be going a great job. See below.

For bloom I am using the three part Cutting Edge Solutions, Micro, Bloom and Grow. Was going to stick with the brand and use Mag Amp and Plant Amped but didn't like the price. So I looked at the ingredients and came up
with Azomite for Magnesium and trace elements, and Ferta-All Calcium 12 for calcium.

Bud Factor X is one of Advanced Nutrients newest products at a street price of $85 a liter. It's 0.5% Magnesium and not much else. Recommended dosage is 8ml per gallon of water for hydroponic usage = 112 gallons. Cal- Mag is about 1/6th of the price.

Azomite provides the same amount of Magnesium plus about 60 micro nutes that are mainly beneficial to Marijuana. None of them are harmful to weed.

A 44 lb bag is $32 and will dose 4,400 gallons of water. If you bought Bud Factor X for the same quantity of water it would cost you more than $3,300.
So the Bud Factor X is more than 1,000 times the cost of the Azomite.

Fert-All Calcium 12 $28 for 2.5 gallon and is 12% with citric acid to aid absorbtion. Plant-Amp is $85 a gallon with a 1% solution of Calcium.
If you use the recommended dosage for each the Fert-All costs about 1/100th of the the price of the Plant-Amp.

It pays to read those labels.

The Reef

Imported Photos 00555
R

Reefer Franklin

Yes, I'm using the Calcium 12 and Azomite as a direct replacement for Cal-Mag.
Seems to be doing a great job. As I mentioned the Calcium 12 I am using at between 75 and 100 ml for a 50 gallon tank every few days. The Azomite I use at 8oz per 50 gallon tank every three days. These guys are just going crazy. I will continue to post more pics.

The Reef

G

Green Supreme

Many grow shops have a 5 pack of nutes that can be mixed to a formula making food. Cheapest food, short of using your own urine. Peace GS

R

Reefer Franklin

Forgot to mention during grow I AM using my own urine at a 1:20 ratio.
Works great.

The Pisser

NeWcS

NeWcS

Yes, I'm using the Calcium 12 and Azomite as a direct replacement for Cal-Mag.
Seems to be doing a great job. As I mentioned the Calcium 12 I am using at between 75 and 100 ml for a 50 gallon tank every few days. The Azomite I use at 8oz per 50 gallon tank every three days. These guys are just going crazy. I will continue to post more pics.

The Reef

And you just put the powder straight into your tank?

R

Reefer Franklin

Hi NeWcS,

I get a 5 gallon bucket and put about half a gallon of arm water in it then stir in the the Azomite. It almost completely dissolves. I pour the dissolved solution into the tank then add more warm water to the residue and dissolve that.

Do a search on the web for Azomite. It's one of those wonder combinations
of secondary nutrients and trace elements that seems to be greatly beneficial to plant growth.

Here's the analysis:

http://www.azomite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=11

Highly recommended.

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

You probably want to know what arm water is ? That should of course have read 'warm' water.

The Reef

Top Bottom