Low budget, homemade hydroponics nutrients?

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

How much do you use per 5/gal? And how much of that is put in your tank, And how big is your tank?

R

Reefer Franklin

The Calcium 12 I am using at between 75 and 100 ml for a 50 gallon tank every few days. The Azomite I use at 1 cup for the 50 gallon tank every three days. Divide by 10 to get the correct amount for 5 gals:

Calcium 12 = 10ml
Azomite = 2 Tablespoons.

The Reef

H

H3AD_CAS3

Hi Leadsled,

I have been using the CNS17 for my first indoor grow. It seems to be going a great job. See below.

For bloom I am using the three part Cutting Edge Solutions, Micro, Bloom and Grow. Was going to stick with the brand and use Mag Amp and Plant Amped but didn't like the price. So I looked at the ingredients and came up
with Azomite for Magnesium and trace elements, and Ferta-All Calcium 12 for calcium.

Bud Factor X is one of Advanced Nutrients newest products at a street price of $85 a liter. It's 0.5% Magnesium and not much else. Recommended dosage is 8ml per gallon of water for hydroponic usage = 112 gallons. Cal- Mag is about 1/6th of the price.

Azomite provides the same amount of Magnesium plus about 60 micro nutes that are mainly beneficial to Marijuana. None of them are harmful to weed.

A 44 lb bag is $32 and will dose 4,400 gallons of water. If you bought Bud Factor X for the same quantity of water it would cost you more than $3,300.
So the Bud Factor X is more than 1,000 times the cost of the Azomite.

Fert-All Calcium 12 $28 for 2.5 gallon and is 12% with citric acid to aid absorbtion. Plant-Amp is $85 a gallon with a 1% solution of Calcium.
If you use the recommended dosage for each the Fert-All costs about 1/100th of the the price of the Plant-Amp.

It pays to read those labels.

The Reef

I believe Bud Factor X contains other additives not listed on the label...Specifically SAR inducing additives which may include Chitosan, Harpin protein and Salicylic acid.

To be honest, at the moment I am looking for a more cost effective SAR nutrient than Bud Factor X. Any ideas?

C

cocohydro

There are some growers that prefer homemade hydroponics nutrients but if you are newbie to the hydroponics concept, i would suggest you go for the readymade nute kits. Although i've seen that homemade nutes can work better but unless you know the right ingredients required it isnt worth. talking about ingredients, here is something you would like to check out an interesting fact about the state laws hiding the information on nutrient labels. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/5/prweb5245164.htm

Hermitian

Hermitian

... talking about ingredients, here is something you would like to check out an interesting fact about the state laws hiding the information on nutrient labels. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/5/prweb5245164.htm

There is very little fact in that article, instead it is full of drama and misleading statements.

At the core is the idea that California is telling manufacturers what they can and cannot put in fertilizers. The reality is that if you put "non plant food" items in your fertilizer, then either they are not named and included in the "inert ingredients" percentage, or if the manufacturer wants to name them, then it must list it as a "non plant food" item. Humic acid is a classic example of this, because it is a soil conditioner that plants do not uptake directly and process for nutrient content.

Well, that's the tip of the iceberg. The article is just a distraction from some more serious problems in the hydroponic industry.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
and why would mixing your salts be the wrong way, you feel the k nitrate i use is inferior to what k nitrate an sells you for 100's of times more. Americans marijuana growers are just lazy and have poor math shills. That is my thinking why they pay so much for someone to add the water for them. There are a lot of dry formulas in the us for hundreds to thousand time cheaper. Jk

exactly.

Top Bottom