Low humidity= Problems?

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Surfr

What up everyone! I am having some humidity problems in my veg room. The average humidity is around 25%... is that bad for a veg room? If so, what are some suggestions to raise the humidity? Thanks!

:character0180:

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Really the only way to cure the problem is to add a humidifier. My room always stays low humidity in the winter when the heat is on in the house. But with low humidity you won't have to worry about powdery mildew!!

S

Surfr

Thanks for the replies guys! Do you think if I put a big bowl of water in front of the heater in the room, it will help raise the humidity?

D

Donk Frog

wow 25%...anything below 40% is crazy dry I agree add a humidifier:fixed:..in veg should be like 60% IMHO

K

kushpheen

I hear the masters talking about the faran 707 and the hydrofogger humidifiers but I think they are running much larger rooms. I'm wondering how effective a drug store humidifier would be in 10x10 room?

S

Surfr

Ok, soooo should I get a cool mist humidifier or a warm mist humidifier??

R

Radio_Dread

you can also make sure you keep the foilage wet by spraying the plants with plain ph'ed water every so often and this will help the plants stay moist. thats what i used to do

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Humidifier. You could also leave some a bucket of water in there with an airstone in it or something to keep it from stagnating and attracting bugs, and a fan blowing across it to help it evaporate quicker. But it you don't already have those things, buy a humidifier for 20$. Constant foliar spraying could help too, especially if you're adding kelp in it every so often

Billygoat

Billygoat

Really the only way to cure the problem is to add a humidifier. My room always stays low humidity in the winter when the heat is on in the house. But with low humidity you won't have to worry about powdery mildew!!

I disagree! I've got a flower room I'm trying to correct. I've got a reading of 30-35% and keep getting PM on the back row of plants. Going to add a humidifier and a sulfer burner.

Good luck, hope you correct your problems.
Take care,
BG

J

Janus

You said 10 x 10 room. How much light and are the hoods air cooled?

The Wal Mart humidifier, towels, etc. will give you a little bump in rh but you're gonna be fighting it. A bkt of water with a few inches of towel in the water and hung in front of a fan is also an idea (water will wick up). Low rh like you describe is a prob for mj. Slow growth is what you'll see. It messes with the stomata actually closing down to conserve water. It also cause issues with nute transport.

J

jordisgarden

low hummidity

In my house i built a 8 by 8 by 8. the hummidity is 25 to 40 all the time.
i mist em all 2 times a day. i have never seen anything bad come from my low hummidity. even with a humidifier the highest i can get it is 50. but i did grow to harvest 3 times with the same hummidity. each time i vegged in 5 gals for 3 weeks then flower. i get 4 plus ozs from a 3 week veg...so itt must be the misting. becuz i havnt seen any slowing of growth ever. unless i gt a plant with lockout.
i really like my hummidity at 40 i never get mold. and never get mildew. the only time i raise my hummidity is during the dry. thats because i cure and dont want it to dry too fast. low hummidity can dry it way too fast. the slower the dry the better the smoke it seems. although i usuallt flush 3 times in the llast 2 weeks so the taste is great. smokes perfectly

S

Surfr

So how long should the humidifier take to work?? It has been in the veg box for a couple hours now and the RH is at 32%. The veg cab is 4'x4.5'x7'... It's a cool mist humidifier. Thanks!

matamus

matamus

What up everyone! I am having some humidity problems in my veg room. The average humidity is around 25%... is that bad for a veg room? If so, what are some suggestions to raise the humidity? Thanks!

I like to give them a mist of water here and there. it won't totally make up for poor rh, but should help, I also would try and do this a few minutes before lights on if they are under some HID lamps water droplets might cause some spots to burn on the leaf, a humidifier is the only real fix if you want your rh to stay at a higher level say 50-60 ish

matamus

matamus

Ok, soooo should I get a cool mist humidifier or a warm mist humidifier??

warm they will love it had a patient get one for here little tent and damn those girls just explode with that nice warm moist air my dos centavos

J

Jalisco Kid

I like to give them a mist of water here and there. it won't totally make up for poor rh, but should help, I also would try and do this a few minutes before lights on if they are under some HID lamps water droplets might cause some spots to burn on the leaf, a humidifier is the only real fix if you want your rh to stay at a higher level say 50-60 ish

I disagree about your water droplet burning leafs. It is a myth that needs to die. JK

J

jordisgarden

total myth as far as hids burning the plants. i used to believe the same thing till someone said hey jordi just soak a plant and toss one branch under the hid and see if it burns. nada, zilch. nothing no burn. i have a 400 and 600 hps above my girls and i soak them bitches to the bone. then while they are dripping i toss em 1 foot under my 600hps and they will never burn. the only thing thats gonna burn em is too much nutes. i dont know why even i thought theyd burn, but they sure as hell will not burn......kill the myth

if they would burn and the sun is soooo much hotter than my hids wouldnt we live in a crispy wasteland?

true grit

true grit

Wow, that is a myth that I totally believed. Nice to know so I can do some foliar spraying while the lights are on. Thanks guys!

S

Surfr

Well this cool mist humidifier is not working at all.. I am going to go pick up a warm mist and see if that helps..

Latest posts

Top Bottom