Low input daily coco feeding Idea (Reservoir) - Feedback?

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Hey everyone.

I switched from organic back to salts to get this all dialed in. Really enjoying the quick feedback you get doing this. I am just wasting too much water mixing nutes before feeding.

Problems:
Kush loves Calmag + Coco = Really high does of cal mag.

The calmag is locking up ( i think) with the FF Grow Big after a few hours.
If i premix the bucket, and use it over the day.
So i cant really just premix a bucket for the day. Ill just end up with clawing.

I have plants in Veg and soon to be Bloom.

Solution:
Premixing the calmag with a few gallons of tap water, dechlorinator, and adjusting the ph to around 5.9-6.0.
Add a air stone - and it should last two weeks.

Aslong as the main nutes are not a crazy high or low ph.
1-2ml of growbig/tigerbloom per 500ml of calmag solution. Shouldn't drop/change it by much. If it does. I can just adjust the calmag solutions PH to reflect it.

This should? prevent lock outs, save time, & save water.

Anything i maybe over looking?

bunkerking

bunkerking

All appears fine. Took an entire 30 seconds to pour out 700ml of premix cal mag solution, add the nutes and start feeding.

PH of calmag is adjusted up to around 6.4
A 5ml per gallon ratio of grow big is dropping it to around 6.0-6.1

Yah... i could get used to this. Feels like it just solves so many problems.

N

nicolajanjak

Hey everyone.

I switched from organic back to salts to get this all dialed in. Really enjoying the quick feedback you get doing this. I am just wasting too much water mixing nutes before feeding.

Problems:

So i cant really just premix a bucket for the day. Ill just end up with clawing.

Solution:
Premixing the calmag with a few gallons of tap water, dechlorinator, and adjusting the ph to around 5.9-6.0.

1-2ml of growbig/tigerbloom per 500ml of calmag solution. Shouldn't drop/change it by much. If it does. I can just adjust the calmag solutions PH to reflect it.

photos please

V

Vondank420

No need for all that. 5ml of both cal/mag and FFGB mixed in a gal of water separately will have no issues. If your PH is low add some Psilicate or PH up but your not going to have problems with this mix locking up elements.
Your adding more work than needed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey everyone.

Problems:

Solution:

No you need to ph before feeding ph will not stay the same for 2 weeks after mixing.

Drain to waste is simple add silica first if using then cal mag then nutrients then ph down and use immediately.

If your doing a res I would not keep it for over a week as microbial life can be an issue. If you are gonna keep a res with nutes do not ph until just before you are using it

illmatik

illmatik

Sounds like a lot of work.

I'm just mixing in Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Coco base nutes and I call it a day. As I understand, their Coco nutes already have the calmag that you need so it's not necessary to add it yourself. I still check my PH but at this point it's a waste of time. It's spot on 5.8 every time.

bunkerking

bunkerking

No need for all that. 5ml of both cal/mag and FFGB mixed in a gal of water separately will have no issues. If your PH is low add some Psilicate or PH up but your not going to have problems with this mix locking up elements.

could you explain please.

Mixed separately?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Sounds good. I wont ph it.

Oh? ... I can premix the calmag and FF nutes in a res for a week? Just PH at the time of use?

Or are you saying i can premix the nutes in the morning - and use over the day.

bunkerking

bunkerking

No you need to ph before feeding ph will not stay the same for 2 weeks after mixing.

Drain to waste is simple add silica first if using then cal mag then nutrients then ph down and use immediately.

If your doing a res I would not keep it for over a week as microbial life can be an issue. If you are gonna keep a res with nutes do not ph until just before you are using it

Thanks mate.

I would like to do a res if possible. Just to reduce waste, & time mostly. Being i have plants in flower and veg. Needing unique nute mixes. Figured a base solution of something would save time. More so not having to measure tiny amounts of chlorination/calmag.

Sounds like if i just run a calmag/tap water solution in a res. Just dont PH it until after I scoop out some for feeding, and add in the FFGB.

Unless premixing 1 gallon can last 24-48 hours without a air stone? Then that would be easier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks mate.

I would like to do a res if possible. Just to reduce waste, & time mostly. Being i have plants in flower and veg. Needing unique nute mixes. Figured a base solution of something would save time. More so not having to measure tiny amounts of chlorination/calmag.

Sounds like if i just run a calmag/tap water solution in a res. Just dont PH it until after I scoop out some for feeding, and add in the FFGB.
You can mix the cal mag and nutrients (FF grow big) in the res. Cal mag usually has nitrogen in it anyhow. Then PH the amount you take out to feed right before using

bunkerking

bunkerking

You are one of the few who use this nutrient properly sir... 👍 👍 👍

I plan on getting a coco 2 part for flower.

I was minutes away from giving up on my organic grow. Just grabbed this to see if i could make this work or not.
Already had some calmag. So i picked up some FFGB.

illmatik

illmatik

You are one of the few who use this nutrient properly sir... 👍 👍 👍

I'm just a noob but I must have gotten lucky with selecting these nutes for my first grow.

It's really as easy as:

1. Fill up reservoir with RO water
2. Mix in 50% recommended dosage of PH Perfect Sensi Coco
3. Sit back and watch the massive growth

IMG 20191119 085357

I tried about 80% recommended dosage and I got nute burn within hours. So I'm sticking with 50% from now on.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Sounds like a lot of work.

I'm just mixing in Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Coco base nutes and I call it a day. As I understand, their Coco nutes already have the calmag that you need so it's not necessary to add it yourself. I still check my PH but at this point it's a waste of time. It's spot on 5.8 every time.

are you running a res?

Seraphine

Seraphine

Hey everyone.

Problems:

Solution:

Cal mag is best absorbed at a pH above 6.0 so pH your water to 6.1 or 6.2

bunkerking

bunkerking

Ah that sounds nice. I think ill switch to PH perfect for flower. Just get by with this for the time. Thank you all for the insights.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup, I'm running a 20 gallon reservoir. It lasts me about a week. PH stays stable the whole time.
Yeah with that line it will be a lot more stable than other nutrient lines as they are designed to. Other nutes generally require PH down and that breaks down over time some faster than others... like citric acid, shit lasts like 24 hrs at best when agitated

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ah that sounds nice. I think ill switch to PH perfect for flower. Just get by with this for the time. Thank you all for the insights.
personally don't like switching nutes in the middle of the grow. The PH perfect line i don't care for to much because most ppl dont know how to use it. But if used properly ppl have good results. You use it with RO water add nothing else to it. no cal mag no ph up down. Other AN nutrients designed to compliment it don't seem to be an issues as far as i have seen anyhow.

Top Bottom