Low input daily coco feeding Idea (Reservoir) - Feedback?

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

personally don't like switching nutes in the middle of the grow. The PH perfect line i don't care for to much because most ppl dont know how to use it. But if used properly ppl have good results. You use it with RO water add nothing else to it. no cal mag no ph up down. Other AN nutrients designed to compliment it don't seem to be an issues as far as i have seen anyhow.

Fair enough. I dont really want to buy a RO system. This setup in theory should be quick and easy regardless. Just ph and feed. Way simpler than what im currently doing lol.

bunkerking

bunkerking

personally don't like switching nutes in the middle of the grow. The PH perfect line i don't care for to much because most ppl dont know how to use it. But if used properly ppl have good results. You use it with RO water add nothing else to it. no cal mag no ph up down. Other AN nutrients designed to compliment it don't seem to be an issues as far as i have seen anyhow.

^ Thought about this some more. Yah... Id rather the ph not be 100% consistent. I want to be able to run a range depending. Have a wider availability for nute uptake. Plants are looking fine so far. Just recovering from a mad calmag def. Every day it gets a bit greener, and leaves are perking back up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

^ Thought about this some more. Yah... Id rather the ph not be 100% consistent. I want to be able to run a range depending. Have a wider availability for nute uptake. Plants are looking fine so far. Just recovering from a mad calmag def. Every day it gets a bit greener, and leaves are perking back up.
I mean the ph will chance in the media. It won't stay static so that's not really an issue unless doing full hydro but even then it will always change.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Man, i have so much more to learn. Even after doing this for years.

illmatik

illmatik

I should clarify that that with AN pH Perfect, pH stays in range of what coco likes, but in my last finding it does seem to creep a little bit as the reservoir depletes.

When mixing up a fresh res, the pH is pegged at 5.8 every time.
When my reservoir is just about depleted, pH is at 6.2.

So far I haven't experienced anything that looks like a pH related lockout so I'm pretty happy with this. I am not sure how this would fare for someone who's reservoir lasts longer than week though.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Ah happy dance. The lady is praying today. Still recovering, but not getting worse.
The rate of recovery/growth is crazy fast compared to soil. Loving it.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yep. 15ml of cal mag per gallon O.o (bottle recommends 2-4ml)
Crazy. Wonder if my coco isnt that well buffered, or it just really loves calmag.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Wow not a coco grower. But that's pretty crazy high.

Yah. I have read that if you grow kush. Double the CalMag.
Plus coco...

Its possible i maybe running too high of npk and its suppressing uptake.
If i am. Its like 1-2ml a gallon too high of GB. Doubt it would lower cal uptake that much?

It was looking better at 10ml a gal.
Now at 15ml the new tips are greener (not lime)

bunkerking

bunkerking

(sorry i can be pretty chatty sometimes)

But yep. I think i was running too much npk. Reduced it from 7ml to 4ml a gal. Calmag at 15ml a gal.
The leaves just felt a bit thin, and that Super tight internode spacing. (reason from reducing npk).
The ladies look great today. More so for the end of its day. Looking perkier.

Kevin Jodrey did say Kush doesn't want much N, and wants high Calmag + trace elements. Boy i guess he wasnt kidding.

No lockouts from mixing the nutes in a res. Ty all again. Really appreciate you saving me alot of headaches.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Crazy how much cal & mag it wants.
8ml Calmag = Clawing & yellowing.
8ml of GB = just slightly too much, PK toxicity.

Now that i got it more dialed in for nutes.
Id like to bump up the feedings/reduce some more work.

@Aqua Man : Cant i just check the PH of the Res once/twice a day and make tiny adjustments if needed?

Thinking about a drip line at some point. Not today but thinking about it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man : Cant i just check the PH of the Res once/twice a day and make tiny adjustments if needed?

I have no experience with that type of system. But yes if you have adequate buffer and a stable ph once a day should be good. I can help you get it more stable if you need. What the swing in 24hrs?

bunkerking

bunkerking

I have no experience with that type of system. But yes if you have adequate buffer and a stable ph once a day should be good. I can help you get it more stable if you need. What the swing in 24hrs?

I dont think the swing was that bad when i was ph'ing it before. Maybe .1-.2 over the day.
I may have to just test it again, see what it does.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Wow not a coco grower. But that's pretty crazy high.

Second that. That's insane. Spec on tap water. You might be creeping up to 180+ ppm of Ca depending on the water. Granted if Using Reg GB it doesn't have Ca in it. If using the Hydro it's way too much.

I'm not sure where the whole mantra of kushes being calmg whores comes from. It's one or the other. Maybe mag whores if you normally run it low but I have never seen plants that will take up more Ca then another as long as you are running enough in the first place. Same with Mg really also. If anyone uses calmg as one nutrient together as a requirement don't listen to them. They prob don't have a good understanding of nutes. Everything likes N in flower minus 14+ week pure sativas with thin 11 bladed leaves which wouldn't be an indoor plant in the first place. SFV, Tahoe ect all ate up over 100 ppm of N in flower for me from day 1. Never adjusted my nutes on kushes. Never needed to. If people run into problems with kushes their mix wasn't that good to begin with. Just being real. Trust me guys running 1000's of plants in a warehouse don't go adjusting feeds for specific plants. Just PPM's/EC and most of the time will find a medium to keep it level across the board. Indoors ofc greenhouses and OD is a diff story and a totally diff game and equipment.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Also still not sure if using the reg GB or the hydro. Which one?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Second that. That's insane. Spec on tap water. You might be creeping up to 180+ ppm of Ca depending on the water. Granted if Using Reg GB it doesn't have Ca in it. If using the Hydro it's way too much.

I'm not sure where the whole mantra of kushes being calmg whores comes from. It's one or the other. Maybe mag whores if you normally run it low but I have never seen plants that will take up more Ca then another as long as you are running enough in the first place. Same with Mg really also. If anyone uses calmg as one nutrient together as a requirement don't listen to them. They prob don't have a good understanding of nutes. Everything likes N in flower minus 14+ week pure sativas with thin 11 bladed leaves which wouldn't be an indoor plant in the first place. SFV, Tahoe ect all ate up over 100 ppm of N in flower for me from day 1. Never adjusted my nutes on kushes. Never needed to. If people run into problems with kushes their mix wasn't that good to begin with. Just being real. Trust me guys running 1000's of plants in a warehouse don't go adjusting feeds for specific plants. Just PPM's/EC and most of the time will find a medium to keep it level across the board. Indoors ofc greenhouses and OD is a diff story and a totally diff game and equipment.

no Cal in GB. Green label. Not hydro.

bunkerking

bunkerking

My PPM meter broke awhile back. It was around 40-70ppm from the tap last time i checked it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom