Low Lumens or 'LUX'?

• Thread starter Prestige
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Rigid PVC main lines at 1/2 inch that goes to 3/8 barbed t's to attach the 1/2 vinyl

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Thanks again man...really clean set up! Is that 3 600's across a 4x8? Any advice on a stable nute for re-circ?
Sorry to bug the hell out of ya..promise that's it =]
Two 1000's and a dual 600 in the middle, I just use cutting edge three part, SEA CROP, and caps bennies in a tea, that's it, no other additives, I change out once a week

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

Two 1000's and a dual 600 in the middle, I just use cutting edge three part, SEA CROP, and caps bennies in a tea, that's it, no other additives, I change out once a week
oh ya sorry i forgot i run cal/mag from gh. more so for the calcium i am learning thats an important one.

Natural

Natural

like those vent collars..those are tight. Are the lights looped together? Are you running sealed? ..and how often do ya hafta PH?
..sorry couldn't resist.

Prestige

Prestige

This is crazy, bro. First off, you mention 247 garden, kinda coincidental, then you happen to be running drippers with a detailed instructional (which I have been looking for information on) then you say you run cutting edge solutions nutes? My favorite nute line?!?!? Are you serious? Can you read my mind or are we long lost brothers? Lol, it is just such a trip.

Seriously, bravo, sir. You have a setup that any grower would be envious of. I am currently running Coco and soil (separately). I have been having real trouble with the technical side of things, the building and whatnot. Got 40 additional amps put in, so that's out of the way, now I need to figure-out how to rig-up a drip system.

I strive for the same oraganization, efficiency and uniformity you have achieved.

Prestige

Prestige

Some of the gurlys that are in my flowering room. The small ones I am trying to sex before I put them back into the veg area. Pardon the mess, I am in the process of setting-up and it is a nightmare!

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

do you always start from seed? all i have ever done is clone so i can stick to a tight schedule. where do you get trustworthy strains? feel free to ask questions about set ups i like to share info. i am a contractor by trade, farmer by night lol.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

like those vent collars..those are tight. Are the lights looped together? Are you running sealed? ..and how often do ya hafta PH?
..sorry couldn't resist.
yes running a sealed room. no i don't loop lights together as it is not the best way to cool lights, i have some other posts in other threads about cooling but basically i have a 10 inch rigid main intake that runs along one side of the room up high, i have three 8 inch "cut in" ducts that line up with the centers of my reflectors, i figure this out by drawing th size and spacing i want on the wall before i build it out, cool air passes through each hood to the same spaced 8 inch main on the opposite wall, this main is rigid but it is 8 inch instead of 10, i mounted two 8 inch fans on the ends of the 8 inch main and pull air through everything and exhaust out the attic space. i will get you some pics later, i check ph daily but i don't have to add up or down very often. i run filtered water, ph first, then i add nutes, then check periodically.

Prestige

Prestige

do you always start from seed? all i have ever done is clone so i can stick to a tight schedule. where do you get trustworthy strains? feel free to ask questions about set ups i like to share info. i am a contractor by trade, farmer by night lol.

Not always, I am starting a new breeding project, so that is why I am starting from seed. The bigger ones were from clones. I acquire my genetics by either researching certain breeders and varieties and collecting data from reports to select the most reliable and reputable seed stock (for every strain that I buy online in seed form, I put about 100 hours of research/googling into). I have traded/bought cuts and phenos with/from people I have met on forums and have a bunch of friends who share my same passion and hobby. Sometimes one of us will meet someone who has true quality genetics and acquire some seeds or a cut and the rest of us will either kiss his ass, trade him genetics of equal value or buy a cut if the price is not too unreasonable. A lot of big egos and bragging, lol.

'The Single Seed Centre' is the most reliable seed bank I have come across, they are professional and 100% legitimate, but I find their selection to be somewhat lacking when looking for unique, rare or 'elite' genetics. 'Seedsman' isn't a bad place either, but I go with TSSC when I can. I have a lot of friends who swear by 'Attitude', but I personally have never used them because everything they have in stock I can get from TSSC, unless TSSC is sold-out (in which case I wait for them to restock). Canna Collective isn't bad, just really slow. Do your research before ordering from a seed banks, there are a lot of con-artists and frauds out there. I have been ripped-off more times than I care to recall.

Ah! I have notices that a lot of really good cultivators are electricians, contractors, carpenters, etc. For me, it seems impossible to build certain setups, but to them it is child's play. If someone had a legitimate, trustworthy and discrete contracting business that catered to cannabis cultivators, they would make a killing! I'm sure there are already some out there and I'm just not in the appropriate loop to know of them.

Prestige

Prestige

When I get seeds, I usually get about 20 seeds of the same 'strain' (variety), out of those 20, I will almost always find that 'keeper', a phenotype that ticks all the boxes for me. Sometimes I find more than one, but virtually always at least 1. If I start with garbage genetics, tho, it will be virtually impossible to find anything I can legitimately call a 'keeper' (a shitty genotype will yield shitty phenotypes in almost every case). I will turn that keeper(s) into a mother and clone her out from there.

Prestige

Prestige

My first question is, how do you setup drippers? I have googled it, but it all looks so complicated. I was going to do DWC, but then I thought about having a bunch of 5 gallon buckets of water around electrical equipment... I am a Clumbsy person, lol. I want to run what you are running. You should make a YouTube channel and do a step-by-step tutorial. You would make a killing, my friend. Google will actually pay you, get YouTube rich! Lol

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

i will take some more detailed pics for you on the dripper set up here in a day or so and can help you out, thanks for the seed info!!!

Prestige

Prestige

Awesome, much appreciated! Feel free to ask me any questions you have about breeding or genetics, I will help you with what I can. I'm a bio major, so while I don't know EVERYTHING, I am pretty well versed in Mendelian genetics/inheritance. Anything I don't know, I can ask my professor.

Nirvana's White Widow and Ak-48 are very reasonably priced and one of the more potent strains I have come across. Jimmy Nit's (Pieces Genetics) Motorbreath is pretty decent as well (you won't have any problems finding phenos). I try and take the 'connoisseur' approach and aim for flavor, smell, appearance, as well as potency and yield. Despite what people say, I have found a lot of good keepers from 'feminized', S1 seeds. Some of my best phenos came from S1's, in fact.

Just have fun with it, pheno hunting is time consuming and takes a lot of space up, but it is very fun! Don't even get me started on the breeding part... You can develop an unhealthy obsession lol.

Prestige

Prestige

@MedicineFarm

Curse you! You have planted the seeds of discontent. I am totally unsatisfied with my current setup now. I am totally jealous of your setup, nice work! One day I am gonna have a setup that bad ass.

Can I ask you, is it hard to get something like that up and going? Could a simpleton like me do it? I want one so badly lol.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

YES, i strive for the best with the least if that makes sense, this by far is one of the easiest set ups to put together,use,clean, and restart. i will pm you with the pics of the dripper set up and i can walk you through it.

Prestige

Prestige

... I love you

Lol, seriously tho, we are long lost brothers or something. The name Prestige is because I strive for perfection. That makes perfect sense, there are few things that make more sense to me: efficiency, practicality and uniformity. I try to keep an immaculate work space... This may be the answer to the Lab style setup I've been after.

Prestige Genetics - In Pursuit of Perfection

Latest posts

Top Bottom