Lowryder #2 feminized experimental legal medi grow

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

No i never topped her or anything like that. The 2 were getting taller than other 2 so i snapped the top main cola so it would be at even height with the others. The one that looks supercropped i just tyed her down a little since she kept on growing strong. I dont think she will get much taller! My t-5 needs to be as close as possible and from snapping the two's tops they are all at the same height now. I also didnt think they would respond well to topping or FIM. Supercropping i think they would do great. I would of done that but i cant spend as much time with those ladies as i can with the others.

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Ya i know what you mean by those flouros having to be super close. But the closer the better!:smiley_joint:. I was thinking of setting up a scrog screen next time I do an auto run but was a little hesitant because of how that last lady I did responded to topping but maybe I'll give it a shot since your girl took so well to just being bent. I think the topping messes them up because of how their maturation is more on the plants own time schedule then yours so every little stress they are given affects the final product a lot more drastically than a normal plant, where you can top/fim it and let it recover before you flower. Do you agree? This is just what I have come up with based on my experiences so far with ruderalis genetics.

P

paulycali

Yeah def! When you snap or bend over a plant they recover very quickly compared to topping or FIM which could take up to 2 weeks to recover depending on the strain. I think they will do very well being supercropped. Try this on 1 plant. As soon as you see 3sets of leaves FIM cut the top. Then wait a day or two and tye down the top. Then after the lower branhes catch up, tye them down too exposing more of the inside of the plant. Continue re adjusting where you tyed down.

On another one of your plants try to just bend the top and tye it down. After lower branches catch up tye those down too. Re adjust accordingly

On another one of your plants tye down the top and as it starts growing again tye it again but this time try to make a circular pattern. Believe it or not you can tye her down on one side and continue re adjusting and tying in a circular pattern till you've gone 360 degress back to where you tyed the first time. Thats where you really expose the inside of the plant utilizing the whole plant with minimal if any lollipopping or removel of lower leaves

Try a little bit of everything! Its all about the experience

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Thanks man! Thats a great idea, Ill deffinatly give it a try! I was just reading up yesterday on that third technique you mentioned, it looks crazy! Have you ever done it? It seems like that would be a great method to use on outdoor crops as well, to maximize yield and keep the plants below fence level if need be.

P

paulycali

Oh yeah! Def excellent outdoors. Tried pretty much them all and now kinda mix them all into my own little style and go from there. As most plants respond differently. Try em out and see what you and your plants like. Those are all great ways to maximize yield

C

Crom1904

hey paulycali i have about quite a variety growing outdoors right now I started really early they are about 7 feet tall. I really wanted to increase my yeild this year. would it be better to bend and pinch or should I just tie some of them downto one side ?

P

paulycali

Its always better to tye them down, then to snap/crack branch since it will use alot of its energy to repare the bruised area. Also when you bend the plant it triggers the lower growth to grow vigorously and thats how you achieve more tops.

If the plant hasnt started budding yet tye her down and give the tops a FIM cut or straight topping of all dominant colas if she has started budding then bend/snap the tops to where it meets most of the other tops.

Need more info about your ladies?

R

Ragga

These girls are looking fantastic. That one in particular is huge. How many watts is your lighting?

I never heard of the "Dark harvest" technique. I'll have to look into that myself...

Looking forward to those new pics!

P

paulycali

Thanks ragga! The wattage is super low @ 100 watts T-5 but this was just an experiment to see how they grow and what makes them tick. I can place the T-5 super close so it actually penetrates 3/4 of the way down the plant. Great for veg, but this was just an experiment.

New pics will arrive tonight!

C

Crom1904

Ok thanks alot for that info . Today I tied down about half my crop , how long should I keep em all tied down for and can I do this to foot tall clones?

P

paulycali

Right on good work! Yes i start training my clones once i transplant them into 16 oz dixie cups. The younger the better. When you do it early they also learn to grow roots first which is very important. Bigger the roots you get more fruits. Simple as that!

Continue re adjusting whatever your tying them down with. Make sure whatever your tying with doesnt cut into the plant. Make a loose knot by the stem so it can grow into to it. That will avoid cutting the plant.

Supercrop until you start flowering then you can stop. Its alot of work but you get great results in the end

C

Crom1904

Great sounds good snd thankd for all the good advice ill be sure to use it. By the way do you have any updated pics of your grow you can share with us

P

paulycali

Getting close to harvest

Dam these plants grow fast! I thought 2 more weeks might only be one more week.

Few more pics for you farmers!

Adding some bud blaster tonight for the final ripening, lets see how the lowryders react to that

Grow 4 001
Grow 4 002
Grow 4 007
Grow 4 008
Grow 4 003
Grow 4 005
Grow 4 004
P

paulycali

Hope you all enjoy! Had a little powdery mildew battle for the last week. And its been raining outside which effects my humidity inside. Oh well what can you do. I am just happy none reached the buds! They look and smell pretty dank but never judge a book by its cover. I will make a thread for when i test them out for potency and taste after a nice cure!

Thanks for checking out my thread and hope you enjoy!

new pics coming shortly

C

Crom1904

thanks for everything and good luck on your future grow ops

Prop 215:rasta:

P

paulycali

Thanks guys! Next step flush and harvest

I will even do a smoke report

Happy days farmers

Latest posts

Top Bottom