Lst Schwazzing!

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I actually grew 4, near-completely untrained plants on my first grow. I averaged a little over an ounce per plant and they grew like shit. Lol

Organikz

Organikz

i do however want to kiss and make up. you're absolutely correct @EventHorizan it is a debate. i just don't want anyone pissed off. all i have done is shared research i have done that made me draw my conclusion.

i didn't draw it because of some bunk pics a guy posted of a horribly grown untrained plant vs a very well grown trained plant.

Look at all the math involved. It would take twice the time to get a plant nice and trained and ready for flower. I would be ready to throw another cycle into flower by then with less 24hr light cycles. All this should be accounted for

Think about overall time and money saved. gram per dollar.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

i do however want to kiss and make up. you're absolutely correct @EventHorizan it is a debate. i just don't want anyone pissed off. all i have done is shared research i have done that made me draw my conclusion.

i didn't draw it because of some bunk pics a guy posted of a horribly grown untrained plant vs a very well grown trained plant.

Look at all the math involved. It would take twice the time to get a plant nice and trained and ready for flower. I would be ready to throw another cycle into flower by then with less 24hr light cycles. All this should be accounted for

Lol. Your are 100% right about that one. That pic is one of the worst untrained plants they could find. And a beautiful version of a trained one.
I will say if you are not running back to back to back or perpetually, and you just want a bigger harvest and more time in between grows it would be smart to train.
I manifold mine because I'm running full runs and the 2 weeks extra veg is no biggie.
But now that I'm gonna be running a more perpetual since I got automated watering it would be stupid AF to waste the time training.
@EventHorizan hates training for that very reason. If you want as many harvests a year as possible it's definitely not economical to waste time vegging. I think event calculated he can get a whole extra harvest a year by not wasting that time.

Wisher619

Wisher619

defol may not work for someone trying to run notill organics indoors with *artificial* light
which is funny if you think about it
organic/artificial light
in any case
if we are talking a completely dialed room running hydroponics
pulling all your fans off will set you back about 2-3 days
in a week you literally wont be able to tell that you even did it
maybe with organic it wont be the case

and yes there are some large scale outdoor organic farmers
and I really dont know of any that defol
leaves are needed in the sun
have you ever run a plant indoors and there are hardley any leafs
then you run it outdoors and it is a leafy mess
but we are talking indoor hydro
in any case
I think anyone whom isnt running hydroponics (promix,coco,rw,dwc)
this isnt for you
but if you are running a system as such
then defol is something you may want to look into

Organikz

Organikz

I really don't want to step on toes. I don't
defol may not work for someone trying to run notill organics indoors with *artificial* light
which is funny if you think about it
organic/artificial light
in any case
if we are talking a completely dialed room running hydroponics
pulling all your fans off will set you back about 2-3 days
in a week you literally wont be able to tell that you even did it
maybe with organic it wont be the case

and yes there are some large scale outdoor organic farmers
and I really dont know of any that defol
leaves are needed in the sun
have you ever run a plant indoors and there are hardley any leafs
then you run it outdoors and it is a leafy mess
but we are talking indoor hydro
in any case
I think anyone whom isnt running hydroponics (promix,coco,rw,dwc)
this isnt for you
but if you are running a system as such
then defol is something you may want to look into
I can agree with that. Maybe my conclusions would actually be correct in my case and not yours. My thing is by the time you've tried to squeeze an extra QP out of your cycle you could have run a whole nother cycle and harvested a whole other 2 pounds. Thats my thinking at this point. I also feel like the faster you can kick them through without hiccups the less likely you are to run into issues. I feel like the problems start arising when I start training and causing stress on the plant. You start getting nutrient excesses and deficiencies. Thats my experience. Thats why I'm naming my grow room the frost factory.

Assembly line growing. Boring is good. I can link you to a guy who's fully automated no till. He basically could walk in and plant his clones and never walk into his grow room again until harvest.

Organikz

Organikz

Bro these forums are awesome and you know what...it was a good discussion with good points from both sides without too much flaming hehe.

Except for @EventHorizan but that's understandable...fucking McDonalds. What the fuck is with a McDonald's with no lettuce?

You guys are all pushing fat colas so do you pimp.

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well I dont kiss on a first date! What kind of huzzy you take me for?
I tell you what, we act like you bought ma an A&W RootBeer and we call it even!
:)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Lol. Your are 100% right about that one. That pic is one of the worst untrained plants they could find. And a beautiful version of a trained one.
I will say if you are not running back to back to back or perpetually, and you just want a bigger harvest and more time in between grows it would be smart to train.
I manifold mine because I'm running full runs and the 2 weeks extra veg is no biggie.
But now that I'm gonna be running a more perpetual since I got automated watering it would be stupid AF to waste the time training.
@EventHorizan hates training for that very reason. If you want as many harvests a year as possible it's definitely not economical to waste time vegging. I think event calculated he can get a whole extra harvest a year by not wasting that time.
That is correct, FOR ME..
So let me explain what "FOR ME" means...
When i decided my game plan I knew the one factor that would inhibit me, was my short ceiling in the grow room. So knowing that, I was able to decide what systems,techniques,lights I could run.
NOW IF I HAD THE HEAD ROOM, I would grow taller plants and use side lighting, but i don't, so I top twice, super crop,lollipop,
but here is my secret,,,, :)
well wisher knows :)
PIC 1 & 2 = i take double top clones as cuttings and root them. As they are rooting(5 days) I dip them in azamax when i see roots. and at day 10 in the cloner, (pic 3) I top again.. About day 17 I put in the RDWC = pic 4
I wait 14 days and flip....
So really i veg 2 weeks... and flower 9
And you see it progression,

My thing is by the time you've tried to squeeze an extra QP out of your cycle you could have run a whole nother cycle and harvested a whole other 2 pounds. Thats my thinking at this point. I also feel like the faster you can kick them through without hiccups the less likely you are to run into issues. I feel like the problems start arising when I start training and causing stress on the plant.

I feel like this is the closest statement that me and you both 100% agree on! :)
See Bernie Sanders we can get along!

20161120 142533
20161120 142538
20161207 175256
20170111 194002
20170112 161419
20170115 233418
20170115 233430
20170115 233452
20170115 233458
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

nevermind the last 6 pics,
wrong pics ,,
those are not clones,
those are my Super Autos :)

G gnome

G gnome

Amen!!! No money in vegging plants!!! Not only more harvests per year but think of all the more space, watts, nutes, time, energy u can dedicate to flowering plants if u veg less!!! Big plants have their place generally w growers who are limited by plant count and not space or amps

Top Bottom